On paper, we still have a chance

Quick Question, we are current in our scholarship reduction period. What were Butch's records the years he coached while under probation?

Butch lost 24 over 3.
That said,

1995. 8-3 we were heade to orange bowl when ruling came down in December.

Probation years.
1996. 9-3
1997. 5-6
1998. 9-3

1999. 8-4 and then won gator bowl. 9-4
2000. 12-1 sugar bowl champs.

Back Then The Big East in the late 90's was on par with Conference USA today.. Rutgers, Temple, Pitt were awful back then...

Edit. 24 was the ncaa ban for two years. We self imposed in 95-96 seven for total of 31 over 3

Vt and Syracuse were commonly top 20 or higher plus we played FSU sprinkled in w number one ucla, a top ranked psu, Osu
We might play 3 ranked teams this season.
Make no mistake. We played at least as tough schedules back then

Yeah, and that annual East Carolina game was brutal too...

Advertisement
I fully expect the Golden quit later on, but losing to GT and the season completely over this quick?

Nah. We have to win this one.

Why would Golden quit? What would be the scenario? Would any better program take a chance on a guy like golden who has yet to prove anything on the football field?

Believe me id much prefer any scenario where I would be hoping we'd win the coastal. Just don't think him quitting after a decent season is realistic

This is a decent season?

No, personally i think our coaches have been a major disappointment. But why should we want al to keep winning games and even win the coastal? If he racks up enough wins he will be able to claim it was a decent season...that's my point. Of course this is assuming golden just isn't good enough to win championships here.

During the five year period when George Welsh at UVA overlapped Bobby Ross at GT miami won 3 national championships.
Golden can't win the coastal against Paul Johnson and London.
I realize we weren't in acc then but dammit.

I'd like to hear from both the Canes and the Goldens on this subject

What are the odds that we win @ GT, @ VT and @ UVA? History says - nearly zilch. And with a loss to FSU pending, we are staring at 5-3 as the reasonable best case scenario. Regardless I will be rooting for the TEAM do win every game.

what would winning the coastal accomplish? all it would do is buy golden more time here. the coastal is complete dogs**t. we barely beat a garbage duke team. if we got all the lucky bounces and squeaked away enough wins to win the coastal, that would almost be worst case scenario. golden would stay and keep being the coach that "does less with more" year in and year out. our defense takes 4 full years for guys to learn before they can sometimes be in the right position.

now, if golden miraculously turns it around, we breeze through the coastal with some dominating wins along the way, give FSU all we got and maybe win (twice), and it's clear that our team is performing well because our coaches are preparing them and are outcoaching our opponents and we win 10 games this year, then I'll be so happy to be dead wrong and will be so pumped we won the coastal. helps recruiting, national perception, our confidence and aspirations for next year, we'll have an inspired spring ball, etc. but unless that's the case, and i put the chances of that happening pretty effin low (hope im wrong), then winning the coastal would be horrible for us. would rather us lose just enough games as it takes to get our staff fired, whatever that magic number may be
When, NOT IF, that happens, you will have already turned in your Cane card and will no longer be welcome in our Offishul Real Cane Fan Club®

#GoldenFam

Advertisement
Huge rivalry game, just like last week. I am pumped up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_mj3it4qYFb1retk9go1_400.gif

:fistbump:

595.gif

8accef4f6169e9a2adc910211ad7ad70.gif

547.gif

2586984-miami-hurricanes-punter-flop-football-flopping-gifs.gif

Advertisement
Back