On paper, we still have a chance

Advertisement
Quick Question, we are current in our scholarship reduction period. What were Butch's records the years he coached while under probation?

Butch lost 24 over 3.
That said,

1995. 8-3 we were heade to orange bowl when ruling came down in December.

Probation years.
1996. 9-3
1997. 5-6
1998. 9-3

1999. 8-4 and then won gator bowl. 9-4
2000. 12-1 sugar bowl champs.

Back Then The Big East in the late 90's was on par with Conference USA today.. Rutgers, Temple, Pitt were awful back then...

Edit. 24 was the ncaa ban for two years. We self imposed in 95-96 seven for total of 31 over 3

Vt and Syracuse were commonly top 20 or higher plus we played FSU sprinkled in w number one ucla, a top ranked psu, Osu
We might play 3 ranked teams this season.
Make no mistake. We played at least as tough schedules back then

Last edited:
Quick Question, we are current in our scholarship reduction period. What were Butch's records the years he coached while under probation?

Butch lost 24 over 3.
That said,

Probation years.
1996. 9-3
1997. 5-6
1998. 9-3

Back Then The Big East in the late 90's was on par with Conference USA today.. Rutgers, Temple, Pitt were awful back then...

It was about the same as the Coastal division.

I fully expect the Golden quit later on, but losing to GT and the season completely over this quick?

Nah. We have to win this one.

That is a **** GT team, the weakest in years. LOL, they are 4-0, but WEAK. Just like that 4-0 Duke team that has become Golden's signature win. Duke will be LUCKY to finish 2-6 in the ACC. I'm calling 1-7. They are awful. Worst Duke team in 4 or 5 years.

Advertisement

Butch lost 24 over 3.
That said,

Probation years.
1996. 9-3
1997. 5-6
1998. 9-3

Edit. 24 was the ncaa ban for two years. We self imposed in 95-96 seven for total of 31 over 3

Vt and Syracuse were commonly top 20 or higher plus we played FSU sprinkled in w number one ucla, a top ranked psu, Osu
We might play 3 ranked teams this season.
Make no mistake. We played at least as tough schedules back then

Probation (which has no effect on any particular team's performance) and scholarship reductions were over for the '98 season. Obviously, the sanctions still affected the team in 1998, but the sanctions were over. The scholarship sanctions were actually 7 (self imposed for '95), 13 (for '96), then 11 (for '97) fewer initial counters, but the team was allowed to have 80 total scholarship players each of those years.

The good news, GT is losing 2 more ACC games, (I just checked their schedule) so if we beat them, we are the XCoastal frontrunners until we play VT.

UNC is not even in the mix. Doesn't matter if VT loses. They have the Ace in the Hole, called "They get to play Golden".

Advertisement
I said earlier, VT's Coastal championship rides on us beating GT. We lose to GT, and VT is out like fout. We beat GT, and they will be printing up ACC CG T shirts in Blacksburg by Sunday.

LOL! If Golden gets outsmarted by that moron London, fire him immediately. That clown can't spell his own name.

Advertisement
My feelings on AG are well-known, but it sure would be nice to go to Blacksburg with first place in the Coastal on the line. I still want to win every game, even though I am not happy with how the team is run. Not the players' fault there, I just want to see us play better.

VT can lose another game. ****, they can lose 2 more games. Beating Miami will hand them the Coastal, IF we beat GT.

We are 5-3 at best. GT will be 5-3 at best, more likely 4-4. VT will be 7-1 or 6-2 with a tie breaking win over us.

Advertisement
I fully expect the Golden quit later on, but losing to GT and the season completely over this quick?

Why would Golden quit? What would be the scenario? Would any better program take a chance on a guy like golden who has yet to prove anything on the football field?

Believe me id much prefer any scenario where I would be hoping we'd win the coastal. Just don't think him quitting after a decent season is realistic

Why would Golden quit? What would be the scenario? Would any better program take a chance on a guy like golden who has yet to prove anything on the football field?

Believe me id much prefer any scenario where I would be hoping we'd win the coastal. Just don't think him quitting after a decent season is realistic

This is a decent season?

Advertisement
Back