On paper, we still have a chance

SmokeyRone

All-ACC
Purgatory
To win the Coastal.

If we can beat GT, and sweep the other Coastal teams, we just have to pray for another GT loss (which should definately happen). Doesn't GT play Clemson? That will give them their second ACC loss.

5-2, with 5 Coastal wins, should do it, as VT will have two losses and we'd own the Tie breaker. NO room for a slip up, at all. No more Mike London dancing on the sidelines after saving his job yet again with an upset, no more losses to a bad VT, no more nada.

We have to beat EVERY Coastal team. We have to.

Get into the ACC CG, a place we have never been in our wildest dreams, and anything can happen. Jamies might be in Stark by then, who knows. or better yet, somebody has the guts to settle it on the field and knock that punk *** ***** the **** out for the season.

No need to say, this is a MUST WIN game.

And if we fail, then there must be a reckoning here. The fate oif hundreds of Golden martyrs shall be decided.

Advertisement
No lie i cant argue with anything you said. Golden has to reach that game with those weak opponents standing in his way he must capitalize. As a unit the talent is there and he must prove that his boy coach d isnt a one game wonder, that sane d needs to be present the remainder of this season and the offense must evolve.

Not happening

Of course it will happen. This program is cursed. Ostensibly, that would be a good thing. But in my opinion, this program has no chance to be elite under this staff. And a Coastal victory will only provide the staff job security. Chance cannot explain our run over the last 12 years. The Porter call was an omen. We're cursed. And nothing will evidence the curse more than Golden claiming a worthless paper title and entrenching himself as the Head Corch for years to come.

Advertisement
There is no excuse for not winning all of our Coastal games. I honestly don’t think it will happen based on our history with this coaching staff. But either way, any legit team should be able to beat the teams in the Coastal division.

To win the Coastal.

If we can beat GT, and sweep the other Coastal teams, we just have to pray for another GT loss (which should definately happen). Doesn't GT play Clemson? That will give them their second ACC loss.

5-2, with 5 Coastal wins, should do it, as VT will have two losses and we'd own the Tie breaker. NO room for a slip up, at all. No more Mike London dancing on the sidelines after saving his job yet again with an upset, no more losses to a bad VT, no more nada.

Get into the ACC CG, a place we have never been in our wildest dreams, and anything can happen. Jamies might be in Stark by then, who knows. or better yet, somebody has the guts to settle it on the field and knock that punk *** ***** the **** out for the season.

And if we fail, then there must be a reckoning here. The fate oif hundreds of Golden martyrs shall be decided.

Smokey, do you think Al Godlen will rue that reckoning?

Advertisement
Not happening

Of course it will happen. This program is cursed. Ostensibly, that would be a good thing. But in my opinion, this program has no chance to be elite under this staff. And a Coastal victory will only provide the staff job security. Chance cannot explain our run over the last 12 years. The Porter call was an omen. We're cursed. And nothing will evidence the curse more than Golden claiming a worthless paper title and entrenching himself as the Head Corch for years to come.

Exactly. His Coastal title will be his crowning achievement, and all the idiots will claim we're improving. Next year, we'll take a deeper dive because we're losing so many veterans.

Quick Question, we are current in our scholarship reduction period. What were Butch's records the years he coached while under probation?

Huge rivalry game, just like last week. I am pumped up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_mj3it4qYFb1retk9go1_400.gif

Advertisement
I agree, Jimmy. I predict we drop 2 to UNC, GT, UVA and Pitt.

Bjut until then, on paper, we are in the Coastal race in October, which has only happened once before (last year).

Go Canes!

what would winning the coastal accomplish? all it would do is buy golden more time here. the coastal is complete dogs**t. we barely beat a garbage duke team. if we got all the lucky bounces and squeaked away enough wins to win the coastal, that would almost be worst case scenario. golden would stay and keep being the coach that "does less with more" year in and year out. our defense takes 4 full years for guys to learn before they can sometimes be in the right position.

now, if golden miraculously turns it around, we breeze through the coastal with some dominating wins along the way, give FSU all we got and maybe win (twice), and it's clear that our team is performing well because our coaches are preparing them and are outcoaching our opponents and we win 10 games this year, then I'll be so happy to be dead wrong and will be so pumped we won the coastal. helps recruiting, national perception, our confidence and aspirations for next year, we'll have an inspired spring ball, etc. but unless that's the case, and i put the chances of that happening pretty effin low (hope im wrong), then winning the coastal would be horrible for us. would rather us lose just enough games as it takes to get our staff fired, whatever that magic number may be

Advertisement
Quick Question, we are current in our scholarship reduction period. What were Butch's records the years he coached while under probation?

Butch lost 24 over 3.
That said,

1995. 8-3 we were heade to orange bowl when ruling came down in December.

Probation years.
1996. 9-3
1997. 5-6
1998. 9-3

1999. 8-4 and then won gator bowl. 9-4
2000. 12-1 sugar bowl champs.

To win the Coastal.

Get into the ACC CG, a place we have never been in our wildest dreams, and anything can happen. Jamies might be in Stark by then, who knows. or better yet, somebody has the guts to settle it on the field and knock that punk *** **** the **** out for the season.

Every ACC game is a must win...

Butch lost 24 over 3.
That said,

1995. 8-3 we were heade to orange bowl when ruling came down in December.

Probation years.
1996. 9-3
1997. 5-6
1998. 9-3

1999. 8-4 and then won gator bowl. 9-4
2000. 12-1 sugar bowl champs.

Back Then The Big East in the late 90's was on par with Conference USA today.. Rutgers, Temple, Pitt were awful back then...

I agree, Jimmy. I predict we drop 2 to UNC, GT, UVA and Pitt.

Bjut until then, on paper, we are in the Coastal race in October, which has only happened once before (last year).

Go Canes!

UVA is the only team that worries me there and Va Tech of course

Advertisement
Back