- Joined
- Dec 21, 2023
- Messages
- 98
I agree that we shouldn’t overpay for a RB. It’s pretty easy to find a good one
Had this convo a few months back about fletcher and how CFB RB have more positional value than NFL.. Like we put a casting call out couple years ago in spring and got Martinez and paid him a NICE sum, he couldnt latch on after leaving early (hopefully packers is better spot for him).. some pushed back then couple months later guys who talk to GMs and such said same thing..I generally agree with most of what you wrote...except for the first sentence. I think the value of an RB in college is much greater than the NFL.
This is true, they had Khamoni Williams flip from WVU and commit like a couple days before that happened.. So they had 3 backs committed, had me wondering if MJC might be on the move but Kingston Miles the other 4 star back decided to flip and stay home and play for Mizzou.Their other RB commit just walked as well. Once the season starts they’re either going to have to up the bag even more or he’s gonna start looking around.
– Top247 running back Myson Johnson-Cook committed to Auburn April 25. This remains a massive win for the Tigers. That said, I don't think this recruitment is completely over. Miami remains a threat in this recruitment. Ole Miss and Missouri should not be counted out either. We'll see how things play out over time. — Loy
________________________________________
Just sit back, watch AU crawl to .500 and let the chips fall where they may.
Johnson or Woodard where do you spend?
I’m going with the RB. But that’s hoping you land the Jacksonville kid needs cycle.
This one I def want . Only issue if he takes a few more dollars over running behind a proven ol . Acc we have some solid teams but from top to bottom the sec defenses are bigger and stronger than most the acc defenses .– Top247 running back Myson Johnson-Cook committed to Auburn April 25. This remains a massive win for the Tigers. That said, I don't think this recruitment is completely over. Miami remains a threat in this recruitment. Ole Miss and Missouri should not be counted out either. We'll see how things play out over time. — Loy
________________________________________
Just sit back, watch AU crawl to .500 and let the chips fall where they may.
– Top247 running back Myson Johnson-Cook committed to Auburn April 25. This remains a massive win for the Tigers. That said, I don't think this recruitment is completely over. Miami remains a threat in this recruitment. Ole Miss and Missouri should not be counted out either. We'll see how things play out over time. — Loy
________________________________________
Just sit back, watch AU crawl to .500 and let the chips fall where they may.
He had a horrific injury that would have ended a lot of guys' careers. I'll assume you didn't know that.Trevon was cheeks
Don’t disagree but don’t agree either. I think a top tier college RB has more value than most believe. Mostly because elite college RBs are going to be better than 95% of the defenders they play and teams can completely take over a game that way. Whereas NFL defenses are mostly equal in ability to tie RBs they play against. Also, the quantity of rb needed to fill out college rosters quickly thins the herd vs the numbers needed in the pro game. I always go back to Yearby vs Cook. Yearby was fine but Cook was a gamechanger. Gets as many game changers as you can regardless of position.I mean… RB not only isn’t a premium position but it’s low overall on the totem pole in general. That said an elite RB can absolutely change your offense. If it’s late in the cycle and we have xtra spending money, I don’t think anyone would be mad at us overpaying for Fletcher 2.0.