On Judd Anderson

View as article
Oregon st is on life support so I will disregard them entirely. Just looking at the QB plan going forward for these schools starting with the Class 2022 and forward.
1. OSU blue chip route
2. UGA blue chip route
3. Mich blue chip route
4. Fsu blue chip route
5. UW blue chip route
6. UO blue chip route
7. UT blue chip route
8. OU blue chip route
9. Baga blue chip route
10. Ole Miss portal and blue chip route
11. PSU blue chip route
12. Mizz fringe blue chip route
13. UL fringe blue chip route
14. LSU blue chip route
15. ND blue chip route.
16. Tenn blue chip route
17. Utah fringe blue chip route
18. UCLA blue chip route
19. USC blue chip route
Bunch of teams u listed are starting transfer QBs, including FSU , UW, Tennesee, LSU, UO and OU etc. So im not sure math is mathing like you think it is

Advertisement
So the staff failed at what they wanted to do, and that’s suppose to be better?
Yeah u miss on a QB and u get another one. Saying they neglected the position is basically saying they didnt recruit anyone there. They have brought in a QB in every cycle. Who no one knows how they will turn out. And u mad, because people aint as mad as u that they are not top 247 prospects. They didnt not recruit the position.

But you have made your minds up and thats ok, you are allowed to do that. As others are allowed to say they will wait and see

But lets keep running this bunch the box, physical offense because UGA does it I guess. So all we have to do is recruit like UGA on *both* sides of the ball, and it can work.
The #1 team, which has the ability to recruit any player and play any style, chooses to play this style because it has won titles for the past two decades.

But maybe we should emulate someone else. A team that recruits at the Top 10-15 level. The #2 team in the nation. The high-flying, wide open....Michigan Wolverines.

Physical football wins. We don't need to play the exact same way as those teams because we are a different program. There are different ways to be physical and run effectively when they expect you to run. Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma is the model for me. But the "fyzical bro" meme ignores that this is the style that has won championships for most of our lifetimes.

The #1 team, which has the ability to recruit any player and play any style, chooses to play this style because it has won titles for the past two decades.

But maybe we should emulate someone else. A team that recruits at the Top 10-15 level. The #2 team in the nation. The high-flying, wide open....Michigan Wolverines.

Physical football wins. We don't need to play the exact same way as those teams because we are a different program. There are different ways to be physical and run effectively when they expect you to run. But the "fyzical bro" meme ignores that this is the style that has won championships for most of our lifetimes.
Sometimes people confuse physical for bro-style.

Michigan is physical but bro style, bad example because their current success now seems to be tied to blatant cheating that will inevitably lead to some hefty punishments.

Bama in their prime was physical, but explosive. LSU’s dream team had a physical rushing attack to pair with their explosive passing game. Tennessee last year, same deal. Ohio St likes to lean on their rushing attack (usually spread out like Tennessee to create spacing and a numerical advantage in the box) which then gives their elite WRs all the space they need to operate 1v1.

They also all had pretty elite QBs. Even Mike Bobo is airing it a bit more out because Beck is a dude and they have some very good receiving options.

I think everyone wants a physical Miami team. What they don’t want is bunched formations, no tempo, no motion, no verticality, and no diversity or explosiveness in the running game; simply running inside zone, to run inside zone.

Advertisement
Sometimes people confuse physical for bro-style.

Michigan is physical but bro style, bad example because their current success now seems to be tied to blatant cheating that will inevitably lead to some hefty punishments.

Bama in their prime was physical, but explosive. LSU’s dream team had a physical rushing attack to pair with their explosive passing game. Tennessee last year, same deal.

They also all had pretty elite QBs. Even Mike Bobo is airing it a bit more out because Beck is a dude and they have some very good receiving options.
I agree we need to be explosive. This is Miami. We’ve already gotten way more explosive than last year (15th nationally in yards per play). There is still room to grow. Some of that is personnel.

But the ability to run when they expect you to run is a sign of championship football. The past two overtimes have been different than what we’ve seen at Miami since Dorsey. It’s not perfect but it’s progress.

As a rule, signing five stars is better than three stars at every position. That includes quarterback. Anybody who says otherwise is lying.

I’m talking about budget allocation in an NIL world. Most of the best quarterbacks in college are transfers. And most of the best quarterbacks in the pros are underrated athletes who developed in college. The win percentage stats are deceptive- the five stars generally go to programs that are already winning. The best QBs right now are overwhelmingly transfers and/or underrated athletes.

Whether Judd is one of those guys is a whole another topic. I see the vision, but there are too many red flags for me to buy in. The progress is positive. He needs to be paired with a transfer, and I think he will be.

Well, I wasn’t responding to u D$ vs. outlining the notion that there are more 5* QBs that are bust than 3* QBs which is just false.

However we’ve talked & discussed this b4. Judd is currently ranked as the 1059th player overall & 59th QB.

As I peruse through the Justin Herbert comparison or ****, Josh Allen, too;

Allen - 200 overall JUCO player ; 5th overall JUCO QB
Herbert - 648 overall ; 25th overall QB

Let’s look at Mahomes:
389 overall ; 22nd overall QB

Let’s look at Prescott:
611 overall ; 20th overall DT QB

Let’s look at Lamar Jackson
398th overall : 12th overall DT QB

What’s my point? With the successful 3-star QBs we know today that are thriving at the next level, they were still w/in that top 25 in the nation realm at their position. Now of course, again, are there exceptions? Sure; we have the Baker Mayfields, Daniel Jones, Jordan Loves of the world, too; but, that’s literally a needle in the haystack throughout the history of successful QBs.

OK; let’s talk NIL & allocations:

What position currently makes the most money in a capped league, currently, at the professional level? That’s right, the QB. U know y? B/c when u have a QB that’s elite, it makes a coach’s job reaaaaaal easy.

Now, maybe Mario doesn’t want an elite QB prospect; maybe he wants a guy who knows how to hand off the ball, & pass between 5-9 yards, with an occasional deep shot b/c he wants to focus on being a tough team. If that’s the end game, then yes; let’s focus our NIL on the trenches & some RBs. I’ll also bet u, our ceiling w/ be a once in a blue moon 10 win season, too, w/ that philosophy b/c every game will be a 50/50 - 60/40 shot of winning when playing against other P5 teams.

Last edited:
Well, I wasn’t responding to u D$ vs. outlining the notion that there are more 5* QBs that are bust than 3* QBs which is just false.

However we’ve talked & discussed this b4. Judd is currently ranked as the 1059th player overall & 59th QB.

As I peruse through the Justin Herbert comparison or ****, Josh Allen, too;

Allen - 200 overall JUCO player ; 5th overall JUCO QB
Herbert - 648 overall ; 25th overall QB

Let’s look at Mahomes:
389 overall ; 22nd overall QB

Let’s look at Prescott:
611 overall ; 20th overall DT QB

Let’s look at Lamar Jackson
398th overall : 12th overall DT QB

What’s my point? With the successful 3-star QBs we know today that are thriving at the next level, they were still w/in that top 25 in the nation realm at their position. Now, of course, again, are there exceptions? Sure; we have the Baker Mayfields, Daniel Jones, Jordan Loves of the world, too; but, that’s literally a needle in the haystack throughout the history of successful QBs.

OK; let’s talk NIL & allocations:

What position currently makes the most money in a capped league, currently, at the professional level? That’s right, the QB. U know y? B/c when u have a QB that’s elite, it makes a coaches job reaaaaaal easy.

Now, maybe Mario doesn’t want an elite QB prospect; maybe he wants a guy who knows how to hand off the ball, & pass between 5-9 yards, with an occasional deep shot b/c he wants to focus on being a tough team. If that’s the end game, then yes; let’s focus our NIL on the trenches & some RBs. I’ll also bet u, our ceiling w/ be a once in a blue moon 10 win season, too w/ that philosophy b/c every game will be 50/50 - 60/40 shot of winning when playing against other P5 teams.
I truly don't understand how someone formulate the opinion blue chip QB'S aren't the answer. Mario has created a new realm of delusion.

No I'm asserting that we cant neglect HS recruiting and just say the portal is the answer. If we sign the wrong QB in portal we dont have a blue chip to fall back on. We also dont have any competition in the most important room. Look at NCST they went all in for Amrstrong and that killed the season even with an elite defense.
This is a salient point.

That's basically the Texas/USC/Oklahoma/Ole Miss method to QB recruiting.

Find a playable sure thing insurance policy QB out the Portal, while still landing a high caliber HS recruit that can be developed over time & used in case of emergency.

The issue we're having, is with the in case of emergency (injury) scenario, we don't/won't have anybody that can sustain a full season as a starter & not experience significant drop off in play.

Advertisement
How is anything I’ve said been through emotion? I stated a fact, you said I was wrong, and now I'm proving that I was right and you were wrong in assuming.

The article I shared before already showed that 65% of Power 5 qb's have transferred at least once

here's data from BEFORE the portal really went hard specifically on 4* and 5* recruits, I expect the number to be higher now

View attachment 263966

here's another article with a bigger sample size (but also from two years ago so the number has definitely risen with the influx of the portal the last few years)

View attachment 263967

the only thing that has changed in this equation really is NIL and we'll see how that impacts the transfer rate

Tennessee was rumored to give Nico 7 million!?, how much would someone like drake maye or a top level transfer get, probably the same right?

the trick is living in the middle, getting good solid evals on a player (we tried with air noland but whiffed). Staff likes Judd and clearly decided to take Judd and then also try their luck in the portal

either way, missing on a top-flight high school qb really isn't a big hit in the long run because 70-80% of the time, they never play meaningful snaps for the team they sign to anyway
OOF, you left the butter at home and went in dry.

This is a salient point.

Find a playable sure thing insurance policy QB out the Portal, while still landing a high caliber HS recruit that can be developed over time & used in case of emergency.

The issue we're having, is with the in case of emergency (injury) scenario, we don't/won't have anybody that can sustain a full season as a starter & not experience significant drop off in play.
Even in the most idealistic fantasy world where we land the best portal QB of all time for '24. What happens in '25? Emory competes with who for the job? Judd? 🤣. Competition breeds success and anyone arguing otherwise is not objective.

I truly don't understand how someone formulate the opinion blue chip QB'S aren't the answer. Mario has created a new realm of delusion.

I’ve said b4, if u go after a 3 star QB, I have no issues with it if:

a) That QB is a top 25-30 overall at his position or

b) U have a team so stacked that all he has to do is play pitch & catch

The teams who have go on to win Nat’l titles, the overwhelming majority were led by blue chip QBs. The ones who had 3-star QBs had a roster full of 1st & 2nd round talent on both sides of the ball, AND those 3-star QBs met the criteria

2021, 2022: Stetson Bennett (UGA): Was a 2* recruit, had to go the JUCO route & became a 3*, #6 overall JUCO QB in the nation.

2020: Mac Jones (Bama): 3* #18 overall QB in the nation

2015: Jake Coker (Bama): 3* #14 overall PRO-QB in the nation

2014: Cardale Jones (OSU): 3* #10 overall PRO-QB in the nation

2009: Greg McElroy (Bama): 3* #12 overall PRO-QB in the nation

That’s it, bro. From 2003 - Present all the other teams have been led by 4*+ QBs, & those 3* QBs were in that top 25-30 in the nation at their position.

Advertisement
This is a salient point.

That is a very good plan to spend a whole lot of money, right when everyone in here is complaining about us having no money.

Everyone that thinks we are lacking in the NIL department should answer a simple question - should we be spending a million on 2 different QBs on this roster at the expense of 2+ top DTs/CB. Cause they’re already *****ing about that now without us paying two top guys….

I agree with you a guy like Judd is almost guaranteed never to pan out and the type of “insurance policy” guys we should be taking should at least be top 30 type guys… that’s what Emory and Jacurri were. Jacurri was a low 4star ranked 17th. Emory was a high 3star ranked 34. Those imo are fine guys to take as you are going all out for 1 portal or elite Hs prospect. Yeah it means you gotta hit on that qb you’re choosing to pay all that money. That’s the gamble you gotta take

For me the thing is t 3star over 4star. It’s getting someone decently cheap yearly, that you really like. But ultimately we should be going all out for one guy 1-2yrs for portal or 2-3yrs for the top hs guy.

I’ve said b4, if u go after a 3 star QB, I have no issues with it if:

a) That QB is a top 25-30 overall at his position or

b) U have a team so stacked that all he has to do is play pitch & catch

The teams who have go on to win Nat’l titles, the overwhelming majority were led by blue chip QBs. The ones who had 3-star QBs had a roster full of 1st & 2nd round talent on both sides of the ball, AND those 3-star QBs met the criteria

2021, 2022: Stetson Bennett (UGA): Was a 2* recruit, had to go the JUCO route & became a 3*, #6 overall JUCO QB in the nation.

2020: Mac Jones (Bama): 3* #18 overall QB in the nation

2015: Jake Coker (Bama): 3* #14 overall PRO-QB in the nation

2014: Cardale Jones (OSU): 3* #10 overall PRO-QB in the nation

2009: Greg McElroy (Bama): 3* #12 overall PRO-QB in the nation

That’s it, bro. From 2003 - Present all the other teams have been led by 4*+ QBs, & those 3* QBs were in that top 25-30 in the nation at their position.
Leave it to us to try and reinvent the wheel.

Even in the most idealistic fantasy world where we land the best portal QB of all time for '24. What happens in '25? Emory competes with who for the job? Judd? 🤣. Competition breeds success and anyone arguing otherwise is not objective.
Who says the portal QB has to have 1 season left, and remind me where the portal is going in '25 that we cannot use it again. And we also have a QB committed in '25

Advertisement
Where does a Stetson Bennett fall into this mess? UGA just won two Natties with a former walk who left for Juco and transferred back.

The words say "plan going forward", so that indicates the 2024 season and beyond. It doesn't say current plan so the math is pretty accurate.

Now you can predict the future? Maybe you should wait until next summer to see how many of those teams accept a Portal QB to replace the departing portal QB vs starting the in-house HS kid.

Where does a Stetson Bennett fall into this mess? UGA just won two Natties with a former walk who left for Juco and transferred back.

Now you can predict the future? Maybe you should wait until next summer to see how many of those teams accept a Portal QB to replace the departing portal QB vs starting the in-house HS kid.
This is a highly uniformed post. I'm not even sure how to respond to this nonsense.

Who says the portal QB has to have 1 season left, and remind me where the portal is going in '25 that we cannot use it again. And we also have a QB committed in '25

If we are going to evaluate successful portal QBs vs HS, I'm 100% on board with taking a kid with at least 2 years left and preferably 3 years left to play. The majority of transfer QBs that have had success are at those schools for more than 1 year.

Advertisement
Back