On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
Agreed.

Agreed.

I heard him name called against Virginia. Be fair, He is what he is. He's here to give starters a blow, and not make mistakes.
Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Beck (the 250th ranked player on the Composite) is the best of those three. But he’s a good player surrounded by great players.

Who would you rank as the best QBs in college right now?
Daniels, Penix, Williams, Nix. But Beck is definitely not a weakness and he just lost his all world TE and still threw for over 300 on UF, so he ain't a weakness.

How many teams brought in a transferQB after only recruiting projects in HS? Looking at the same top 20 you want to use. Who else is going the 3* route?View attachment 264008
Oregon st is on life support so I will disregard them entirely. Just looking at the QB plan going forward for these schools starting with the Class 2022 and forward.
1. OSU blue chip route
2. UGA blue chip route
3. Mich blue chip route
4. Fsu blue chip route
5. UW blue chip route
6. UO blue chip route
7. UT blue chip route
8. OU blue chip route
9. Baga blue chip route
10. Ole Miss portal and blue chip route
11. PSU blue chip route
12. Mizz fringe blue chip route
13. UL fringe blue chip route
14. LSU blue chip route
15. ND blue chip route.
16. Tenn blue chip route
17. Utah fringe blue chip route
18. UCLA blue chip route
19. USC blue chip route

Advertisement
New head coach brings in transfer QB's to supplement lack of talent on roster while recuriting blue chip QBs under older transfer QB is what most of that list above shows.

New head coach brings in transfer QB's to supplement lack of talent on roster while recuriting blue chip QBs under older transfer QB is what most of that list above shows.
Every single team has a blue chip or fringe (high 4*) waiting to compete. Not one team has decided to just evaluate lower ranked guys and settle for the portal. We have Jacurri but he is a testament to the previous regime imo. Mario has shifted to a lazy approach that no one else that takes football seriously is using.

Yep.

Hartman and Devin Leary were the 1A and 1B QB in the portal this past season. Leary sucks.

Leary took big step forward against Tennessee…And could finish strong. Alot of his problems were supposedly shoulder recovery issue and I had heard coming into that game he was healthiest he's been and can finally put something on the ball, then he played really well against Vols. So we shall see…Obv can't argue with the rest of your list.

Advertisement
Not following. Whats your point
Most of this list is ****** QBs. I won't pretend with you that the portal is a guaranteed solution. If we bring in a "Pratt" (place holder name) after fending off the likes of OSU and Bama etc. What happens if he chokes? We are still stuck with projects behind him when no other real school does that. Its flawed logic and poor planning imo.

I hope we hit it big in the portal…But there definitely should be more Emory Williams excitement on this board.

@cway313 not sure why u posting that QB stars up like i said i dont want star QBs. I can get them man out the portal papa 🤣🤣🤣. Whether we got Judd, Air or Lagway i still would wanna bring in a guy from the portal to compete. Im simply not freaking out and crying about not having a highly rated QB because teams can go tamper and take them off other teams roster. That's a fact.

Most of this list is ****** QBs. I won't pretend with you that the portal is a guaranteed solution. If we bring in a "Pratt" (place holder name) after fending off the likes of OSU and Bama etc. What happens if he chokes? We are still stuck with projects behind him when no other real school does that. Its flawed logic and poor planning imo.
What happens if he chokes, the same thing that happens in you bring in a high school QB and he chokes like Klubnik.

Advertisement
@cway313 not sure why u posting that QB stars up like i said i dont want star QBs. I can get them man out the portal papa 🤣🤣🤣. Whether we got Judd, Air or Lagway i still would wanna bring in a guy from the portal to compete. Im simply not freaking out and crying about not having a highly rated QB because teams can go tamper and take them off other teams roster. That's a fact.
Teams can try to tamper. I just listed 19 teams that have managed to make it work.
What happens if he chokes, the same thing that happens in you bring in a high school QB and he chokes like Klubnik.
Klubnik's backup is a 5*. Dabo is a stubborn mule that's his own doing.

Oh and btw, the staff did not neglect the QB position. The highly rated guy they were after went elsewhere. Misrepresenting their stance like they took Judd committment and say naa we good is just the dishonesty you come to expect from this place, like congress.

Why does Miami have to make everything so difficult? And why do people defend the most difficult so much?

Here we have Mario running an offense that has produced more negative offensive value generated games than positive ones since he’s been here. Which mirrors what he did at Oregon.
Putting aside the 5 negative value games he had with Justin Herbert as QB. You could maybe argue the team didn’t have enough of Mario’s big time recruits on it. It was just the Justin show. Okay. He had 5 negative offensive value games his last year there.

But lets keep running this bunch the box, physical offense because UGA does it I guess. So all we have to do is recruit like UGA on *both* sides of the ball, and it can work.

Then lets get 3* projects at QB and rely on outbidding everybody else and convince one of the 2 or 3 difference maker QBs to come play in this negative generating offense when it’s “show out” time for these transfer QBs.

College football does not have to be this hard. And nobody should be defending making it this hard. Yes. Can you pitch a no-hitter with one arm? Of course. Somebody has done it. But people here are advocating for chopping off one of Miami’s arms and arguing that is the best path to getting a no-hitter level pitcher.

Advertisement
If Jaden Rashada stayed committed to Miami instead of falling for UF’s NIL wolf tickets, would there even be an either-or debate between blue-chip QB recruiting vs. transfer portal QB?

If Miami won the battle for Air Noland, excluding any poster’s opinions as to whether he’s overrated and only acknowledging our staff pushed hard for him in the spring but lost to OSU, would there be an either-or debate between recruiting vs. portal?

If we flip a premier QB recruit before NSD, will posters criticize or question the NIL investment necessary to pull that off knowing we also need a top portal QB for 2024 and possibly 2025?

If we didn’t appear primed to follow up only landing Emory Williams in ‘23 with signing Judd Anderson in ‘24, would anyone be questioning the importance of recruiting premier QB’s out of HS?

The answer, IMO, is absolutely not. Luke Nickel looks like a rock solid 4* QB despite his current ranking in the ‘25 class. When he blows up and other programs throw $$$ his way trying to flip him, should we just concede and let him walk because the portal is such a better option and a clearly superior allocation of resources? I don’t think anyone’s answer to that would be yes.

Oh and btw, the staff did not neglect the QB position. The highly rated guy they were after went elsewhere. Misrepresenting their stance like they took Judd committment and say naa we good is just the dishonesty you come to expect from this place, like congress.

So the staff failed at what they wanted to do, and that’s suppose to be better?

Why does Miami have to make everything so difficult? And why do people defend the most difficult so much?

Here we have Mario running an offense that has produced more negative offensive value generated games than positive ones since he’s been here. Which mirrors what he did at Oregon.
Putting aside the 5 negative value games he had with Justin Herbert as QB. You could maybe argue the team didn’t have enough of Mario’s big time recruits on it. It was just the Justin show. Okay. He had 5 negative offensive value games his last year there.

But lets keep running this bunch the box, physical offense because UGA does it I guess. So all we have to do is recruit like UGA on *both* sides of the ball, and it can work.

Then lets get 3* projects at QB and rely on outbidding everybody else and convince one of the 2 or 3 difference maker QBs to come play in this negative generating offense when it’s “show out” time for these transfer QBs.

College football does not have to be this hard. And nobody should be defending making it this hard. Yes. Can you pitch a no-hitter with one arm? Of course. Somebody has done it. But people here are advocating for chopping off one of Miami’s arms and arguing that is the best path to getting a no-hitter level pitcher.
Eddie Murphy Smiling GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Advertisement
Back