On Judd Anderson

View as article
Still can’t understand how a program like Miami can’t get a better QB, knowing the position is wide open next season.

Although I think Emory will win the job, it’s no guarantee they’ll get a starting quality QB in the portal to push for the job.
The position is PROBABLY "wide open". I'm with you dude. I don't understand it either. Maybe the "wait and see" kids that we wanted were all committed elsewhere by the time they actually "saw" the Dawson offense. IDK man. I know we like him, but I hope Mario and crew are working some back channels with a high school kid or one or two potential portal jumpers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not so sure we can hold off the Terriers. They are on a different level.
We should recruit whomever Ponce at App State is recruiting at QB.

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Highly unlikely he beats out EW (or anyone else) for the starting spot based on what have seen from him thus far. He'll most likely be a depth piece and get recruited over. Wishing him the best.

Still can’t understand how a program like Miami can’t get a better QB, knowing the position is wide open next season.

Although I think Emory will win the job, it’s no guarantee they’ll get a starting quality QB in the portal to push for the job.
These things tend to stagger a year given how early QB's typically commit. Our offense was awful in '22 so you're left with the Judd Anderson's of the world. Nickel is a '25 kid and he's a way better prospect.

Advertisement

Def need a portal qb

Took a quick look as a way to avoid work, and also not finding any stats anywhere. But the AJC does a weekly recap for the top teams in each class here in GA, here’s their last three games. Looks like they’re playing his old school this week for the region title so that will probably be better covered.

W - Eagle’s Landing 35-7. 18-of-25 passing for 297 yards and three touchdowns

W - Union Grove 27-14. 11-of-16 passing for 153 yards and two touchdowns.

W - Ola 28-27. Came back from 13-0 deficit in the second half, threw two TD passes and caught one.
Want to be clear this isnt stats from tonights game against Jones (his old school). Its from the 1st game on the list above:
20231027_193733.jpg

Attachments

• 20231027_193733.jpg
    20231027_193733.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231027_193733.jpg
    20231027_193733.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Final Warner Robbins 43-28. WR ran the ball all 4th quarter, not much passing when up by 3 scores most of 4th. Jones last score came in garbage time.

Judd had 2 tds 0 ints. Not sure about yards. I would guess around 200.
“Anderson finished 22 of 37 passing with 250 yards and two touchdowns against his former team”

So in the last 3 with more detailed stats available, 51/78 700yds 7 TDs. Do I think he’ll ever start at Miami? No. Is that a 3 game stretch that’s better than anything I expected from him? Yes.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Who says Miami can’t? I didn’t know it’s 2024 summer workouts and rosters were locked for next season. Recruiting is a year round game now. The roster is never complete until game 1 of 2024. No reason to stress on Oct 2023. Miami still has moves to make.

Advertisement
Back