On Judd Anderson

View as article
I know it’s also crazy to think but TVD can come back for one more season.

I don’t think it’s crazy. There is no chance he goes first round this year. There is a village of QBs who will be ranked ahead of him going into this draft. Give him a top tier NIL deal, a golf membership at the club of his choice, and let him set records at UM with his boy Restrepo on his way to being a top 10 pick next draft.

/he’s definitely leaving and we’re likely ****ed

Advertisement
I stopped following this. is he not good and the hype beast that some try to push here is dead? shocked I tell you.

buy the best transfer QB money can buy. we can be potentially elite next year and can't afford a drop in QB play with Dawson here. If Dawson keeps this up, I dont expect him to be here longer than 2 seasons.

100 percent agree. Thats why I feel like if TVD leaves this team drops off but getting a top portal QB and we can keep this going on. BTW hoops its been awhile since we talked but its crazy how the Heat made the finals lol. Last we talked they were falling apart and neither of us thought they were going to make a run. That was one of the most fun playoffs I've ever seen

Last edited:
100 percent agree. Thats why I feel like if TVD leaves this team drops off but getting a top portal QB and we can keep this going on. BTW hoops its been awhile since we talked but its crazy how the Heat made the finals lol. Last we talked they were falling apart and neither of us that they were going to make a run. That was one of the most fun playoffs I've ever seen
agreed. the best part of that run - no stress. no one expected that type of run after how miserable the reg season was. everything was just gravy after round 1. feels like UM this year. my expectations werent high coming in. still of plenty of season left, but one game at a time and its been fun

Advertisement
never say never with anyone.
That’s my hope but we would need to see some visits lined up for guys on the board. Rolling with Judd is a major mistake and it’s not like the coaches don’t see this but you have a chance at an all time WR commit list if you keep winning and show who will be throwing the ball.

Man get some assurances that the OL will be better next year and x, young and George back and TVD may think about it. Plus the aforementioned golf club membership and a good NIL deal and we fkn

I don’t think it’s crazy. There is no chance he goes first round this year. There is a village of QBs who will be ranked ahead of him going into this draft. Give him a top tier NIL deal, a golf membership at the club of his choice, and let him set records at UM with his boy Restrepo on his way to being a top 10 pick next draft.

/he’s definitely leaving and we’re likely ****ed

The idea that there's all these guys ahead of him in the draft this will be erased if he continues at his current clip. He's been on fire so far this season. We win some of those big games coming up and he does 85% of what he's done so far, he's a lock to go.

I believe you were sort of joking though, but some have said that here. With good reason at the time, but he's out there dismissing his doubters a game at a time at this point. I was one of them and felt he quit on the hot garbage Gattis had him run last year.

Advertisement
No thanks. His throwing motion is hot garbage. Puts up stats b/c he has three future NFL WRs.
And he will have those types here too. Don’t act like he throws bad passes. Throwing motion (which is overrated) is probably one of the easiest things for coaches to fix (along with footwork) with repetition. Most 6’6, 6’7 dudes have longer motions (obviously). Long as he can get the ball there with zip and accuracy, that’s a good start. He been doing this **** since optimus, and guys like that who ball out at EVERY level tend to translate into college and then the league.

QB situation could be worrisome if this is our one HS recruit. Guys like Judd definitely can’t help with getting Smith either. Going to need a big time transfer. Not sure giving it to the winner of a Williams-Brown battle for next year is the smart thing. Not hating on either of them, just think there needs to be more competition.
I've actually been thinking about that as it relates to Smith's recruitment - I'd assume he would want a highly touted and/or proven QB to commit/committed to us, whether HS or Portal. As it relates to securing another QB via the portal, a lot needs to happen in a short amount of time between the end of the regular season (12/2/23 at the latest for teams in Championship games) and early signing day (12/20/2023)... that's assuming TVD leaves and we stick with status quo on 2023 QB recruiting. Nonetheless, I suppose the backchannels are always open.

I stopped following this. is he not good and the hype beast that some try to push here is dead? shocked I tell you.

buy the best transfer QB money can buy. we can be potentially elite next year and can't afford a drop in QB play with Dawson here. If Dawson keeps this up, I dont expect him to be here longer than 2 seasons.
This shouldnt even be a debate. Next year we will have the most talented team top to bottom we have had in a long time, QB room aside. Dawson could potentially be onto a hc gig after next year. Too much on the line. To not bring in a top flight portal qb to compete with Emory would be malpractice.

Not landing Air Noland was a major miss. Shame he isn’t giving UM another look given what’s behind TVD and how QB friendly this offense has been already.
I don’t want to start a TF QB. This years QB class is not really good at all at the HS level. We need to hit the portal for a guy who can compete with Emory & jacurri and let that settle itself

Advertisement
agreed. the best part of that run - no stress. no one expected that type of run after how miserable the reg season was. everything was just gravy after round 1. feels like UM this year. my expectations werent high coming in. still of plenty of season left, but one game at a time and its been fun

The one time I did get stressed is when the injuries hit the heat with Gabe Vincent and Butler cause thats when the Celtics won 3 in a row. Winning that game 7 my NBA finals. To avoid being the first team to choke a 3-0 lead. The finals I was cool hand luke, I never had them getting out of the first round

I really try not to talk **** about these guys because they are 17-18 year olds and I'm willing to give them a fair shake when they arrive to Miami but this guy really has no chance to play here. If they keep him you have to bring in 1-2 more especially if TVD leaves after this year.

I get taking a guy that will be a project in college. But taking a guy that is a project in high school feels G5. Jacurri Brown is an example.

In my view, Jaccuri at the X is a major talent waiting to happen. He's not a long term answer at QB.

On a side note, Judd's physical skills reminds me a lot of Daniel Jones in HS. Jones had no stars, no real offers and he walks on at Duke. (and no, I'm NOT calling Judd a first rounder).

But I remember watching Jones play on a recruiting trip to Charlotte Latin. He racked up a bunch of yards as a multi-year starter, and had the tools, but he made plays that were nauseating at times and made you wonder if HS was going to be the last time he ever played.

Advertisement
In my view, Jaccuri at the X is a major talent waiting to happen. He's not a long term answer at QB.

On a side note, Judd's physical skills reminds me a lot of Daniel Jones in HS. Jones had no stars, no real offers and he walks on at Duke. (and no, I'm NOT calling Judd a first rounder).

But I remember watching Jones play on a recruiting trip to Charlotte Latin. He racked up a bunch of yards as a multi-year starter, and had the tools, but he made plays that were nauseating at times and made you wonder if HS was going to be the last time he ever played.
Sign me up for Judd as a walk-on.

The one time I did get stressed is when the injuries hit the heat with Gabe Vincent and Butler cause thats when the Celtics won 3 in a row. Winning that game 7 my NBA finals. To avoid being the first team to choke a 3-0 lead. The finals I was cool hand luke, I never had them getting out of the first round
agreed esp to that city and team.

Advertisement
Back