On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
Bailey on bat phone please.
I get not wanting judd if that's how y'all feel. But what confuses me with this opinion especially when it's plenty of people who feel the same is why go from a white jag just to switch over to a black jag? Both those kids a re beyond suspect. So why want either?

There's no way there are serious posters here declaring the QB depth as perfectly fine heading into '24.

Y'all are trolling for sure lol.
While I definitely agree heading into 24 we need a portal QB, long term I like the depth of the room. Just not a s early as next season more than likely. Emory it's way too early to KNOW how he's gonna progress and Jaccurri we KNOW he needs tons of work on the passing side of the game to get where we should feel good about him. They're both hard workers though so we'll see how they develop in a season and a half essentially to go along with an off season.

While I definitely agree heading into 24 we need a portal QB, long term I like the depth of the room. Just not a s early as next season more than likely. Emory it's way too early to KNOW how he's gonna progress and Jaccurri we KNOW he needs tons of work on the passing side of the game to get where we should feel good about him. They're both hard workers though so we'll see how they develop in a season and a half essentially to go along with an off season.
E67B9ED0-27AE-4601-9C03-5414456FB111.jpeg.jpg

Advertisement
Chaminade Madonna ties.
I honestly don't believe either JoJo or Jeremiah would wanna play with this kid after high school. That's just my opinion obviously. But if I'm a 5 star wr reduced to a pawn on the board simply to distract defenders from the fact we're about to run the ball 85-90% of the time(which maybe that's not accurate I don't know. Just going off what I've seen of them in couple games I watched)than I'd say nah I'm good on that.

100% agree. I think potential-wise, Emory looked like he had good zip on the ball and generally commanded the offense well. It’s only one drive Vs. Miami Ohio, but it’s better than something from a practice report. We know Jacurri is Uber athletic and hopefully he gets a full redshirt to work on passing.

With that said, we definitely need a sure-fire guy for ‘24. And if Emory or Jacurri beat him out, then great.

100% agree. I think potential-wise, Emory looked like he had good zip on the ball and generally commanded the offense well. It’s only one drive Vs. Miami Ohio, but it’s better than something from a practice report. We know Jacurri is Uber athletic and hopefully he gets a full redshirt to work on passing.

With that said, we definitely need a sure-fire guy for ‘24. And if Emory or Jacurri beat him out, then great.
The only issue with that is the portal is the death of competitive kids. No sure fire kid wants to come in and compete... we legit ran into this issue this off-season with a kid who is sure fire and really wanted to come here. But he wanted a gaurentee he was gonna start. #1 we ain't giving out no gaurentees. #2 by bringing in someone like that you're ensuring someone is gonna transfer out... we don't wanna run off Emory or Jaccurri. We wanna see them developing and achieving their potential. What's gonna happen is we'll find a portal QB to bring in that has plenty of upside but he'll have to understand it's not a job being handed to him. Hopefully that'll also work for who we already have.

Advertisement
I’m honestly starting to believe there’s almost no chance TVD declares for the draft. Barring an absolutely insane season, I think TVD will be taking snaps in college football for another year.

The QB class for the 2024 draft is going to be loaded. As things stand, TVD isn’t really sniffing most peoples top 10 list.

Now whether he’s returning to Miami or looking for a change of scenery is probably up in the air. But if he can put together a decent season while leading us to a decent finish ranking wise, you can definitely see a return for one final year with a ton of hype potentially propelling him to being a day 1 or day 2 type of QB prospect.
He would be insane to move on next year. His o-line looks to be in great hands. Nice stable of rb and wr to play with and a just overall better team. Things are moving in the right direction for our canes and he could be a big piece in taking that next step.

Advertisement
I honestly don't believe either JoJo or Jeremiah would wanna play with this kid after high school. That's just my opinion obviously. But if I'm a 5 star wr reduced to a pawn on the board simply to distract defenders from the fact we're about to run the ball 85-90% of the time(which maybe that's not accurate I don't know. Just going off what I've seen of them in couple games I watched)then I'd say nah I'm good on that.
I almost posted the same thing in the Chaminade game thread. If he can’t get them the ball in HS against good teams, what makes anyone think he can in college? If they want to win and get to the next level they want a baller at QB more than just a friend. Purely from a football standpoint and not a friendship standpoint since I know very little about those kids.

Advertisement
Considering he almost transferred this year I’d say TVD is gone one way or another whether it be draft or transfer
Bama reached out and TVD listened. Anyone would and that doesn't put someone in the 'almost transferred position' unless you have factual evidence that he was about to transfer, and you very well might. Otherwise, it's your opinion.
TVD going pro after this season is a stretch at this time. He has lots of work ahead of him and hope that he does light it on fire. Would bold well for Canes and his future. If he has an okay year, 'my opinion' is he comes back for his final year.

Advertisement
Back