On Judd Anderson

View as article
Mario wants to spread defenses out to create running lanes with a powerful OL, while also having the ability to punish people in the passing game. To do that you need a guy with a big arm who can spread the ball all over the field, and being 6'6" 225lbs as a 12 grader means he'll be able to punish people on the scramble if he wants as well. As you can see from the clip, he's an athlete with the ball in in hands and could bring another dimension to the offense with his legs.

This is Justin Herbert type talent.

On a side note, he's also a leader with a ton of confidence; which will pay dividends in the locker-room.

that's the one thing that isn't there for Dawson to the degree that he had last year. Clayton Tune was a real athlete, he could tuck it run and got big yards. Not sure that will ever be utilized with TVD. The big run from Ajay Allen on that 3rd and 2, the backside end just completely crashed down -- if TVD pulls it, thats probably a big a gain as Allen got

Advertisement
**** he doesn't even look that bad. With a good OC in college kid can do damage. Can't teach that size and movement.
explaining eric cartman GIF by South Park

200.gif

that's the one thing that isn't there for Dawson to the degree that he had last year. Clayton Tune was a real athlete, he could tuck it run and got big yards. Not sure that will ever be utilized with TVD. The big run from Ajay Allen on that 3rd and 2, the backside end just completely crashed down -- if TVD pulls it, thats probably a big a gain as Allen got

Brick by brick, and one recruiting class at a time. This year recruits will see the schematic changes and a style of play that hopefully leads to better recruiting classes moving forward. New Dorms and Football Operations Center will also help, and hopefully we move to Nike in the future.

Mario wants to spread defenses out to create running lanes with a powerful OL, while also having the ability to punish people in the passing game. To do that you need a guy with a big arm who can spread the ball all over the field, and being 6'6" 225lbs as a 12 grader means he'll be able to punish people on the scramble if he wants as well. As you can see from the clip, he's an athlete with the ball in in hands and could bring another dimension to the offense with his legs.

This is Justin Herbert type talent.

On a side note, he's also a leader with a ton of confidence; which will pay dividends in the locker-room.
Just so I understand, you're saying Judd Anderson is a Justin Herbert type talent?

Advertisement
From an evaluation standpoint, I’m glad he’s at Warner Robins. Better teammates and better competition. Let’s see how he performs.

I just hope Dawson has backups in case Judd continues to struggle. We're obviously going portaling. But even still, we need a promising QB in this class, even if he's a project.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From an evaluation standpoint, I’m glad he’s at Warner Robins. Better teammates and better competition. Let’s see how he performs.
I'm more than willing to admit that I'm wrong about Judd if he turns things around. He's got a loooong way to go though. So hopefully he takes full advantage of his new situation and things start to click. But he'd be in rare company if it plays out this way.

Like you said though, let's see how he performs.

Advertisement
We had like 7 OL in the game at times in non-goal line situations last week.

I’m not sure that’s what Mario is trying to do.

Be vanilla and not show anything to the ranked opponent coming up when playing a MAC school opener.

Advertisement
Back