On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
How does that make any sense bro? Thats precisely why u are as likely to find a star QB in either rating.
There are roughly 25 3 star qbs to every 1 5 star qb in a given class. of course more three star qbs eventually find success, but that is a matter of volume, not likelihood in any individual within those groups. You are only as likely to find a star qb in both places if you take a much higher volume of 3 stars compared to 5 stars because their hit rates are much different.

Last edited:
1680916652962.gif

Before the folk in here bring up back to back years. It isn't Marios fault that a certain QB recruit chose to flip to UF for a fake bag last class
Dude it’s his fault that he ran the offense he ran and perpetuated his Bro-Style reputation.

I’m not sure why anyone’s shocked but I get the disappointment. We’re going to have a rough time now landing WRs and QBs until these kids see us run something appealing to be a part of.

What we can do is build the trenches up like @Dwinstitles said, add a stud RB and let the final pieces be added after that.

It may not be what people want to hear but I’m not sure what choice we have. At least the man can recruit trenches.

Advertisement
No moping but I highly doubt the players in the NFL were ranked as low as this kid is.
That's a very dumb statement. Plenty of NFL QBs were 3* or lower coming out of HS. Jimmy G, Gardner Minshew, Zach Wilson, and Kirk Cousins just to name a few recent ones. The list goes on and on.

QB is the hardest position to judge. For every Trevor Lawrence (5 Star that ends up not only living up to the rating but also being a starting NFL QB) there are 50 Mitch Mustains.

Disclaimer: I am not saying this kids is the good or that he will ever be anything other than a HS QB (I truly hope he does succeed here though as I do with all Canes).

Miami wanted to sign Air Noland, who is headed to Ohio State. But make no mistake- Miami's pursuit of Judd Anderson is independent of anything that happened with Noland. He is, and has been, a major priority for them.

They love his frame (6'6 in person), athleticism (19/14 in hoops as a sophomore) and arm strength. He's also a 4.0 student and a home run off the field. Shannon Dawson is a driving force in this recruitment and believes this kid could be a monster as he continues to develop as a dropback passer. Anderson previously played in a Wing T, and they believe the game film is more telling than the stats. Internally, his recruitment has been compared to Emory Williams- a guy who outperformed Jaden Rashada at the Elite 11 and has made an outstanding impression so far in spring.

For those who will say that Miami is just scrambling following the departure of Air Noland, here is a snippet from the March 3rd edition of the Bank:

has Noland made a definite decision?

Advertisement
I'll eat some crow in a few years should he ever play for us...but, I'd be surprised if he ever played a meaningful snap here.

You don't need to take these kinds of players with the transfer portal anymore, unless you need the next Matocha to eat a scholarship until they graduate.

We'll see, I guess.

I haven't checked out the kid so I'm not going to say he's trash ...... Buuuuut Ain't no way in **** I'm getting excited for a QB with those numbers.

Advertisement
Facts u can find a QB that can get the job done same as the TE position. Some guys go unheard of during the cycle than ball tf out. QB and TE I never worry about just stack the rest and Im fine with it.

There are generational guys like Lawrence who you "just know". But there are so few of them, and then all the rest are crap shoots. To me, it's all about whether or not you trust the OC's evaluations and ability to fit the talent to the scheme.

Advertisement
I’m ok with this cat if he’s your number 2 qb ( he better be your number 2). Qb is a crap shoot with HS kids , it’s all about finding , evaluating and developing. That said his stats and completion percentage is a red flag , I’ll be intrigued to watch his Sr film to get a better feel for what he is.

Thank god for the portal , it’s a get out of jail free card for qb recruiting , well…..unless you’re UF.

A lot is riding on Dawson, his offense and Tvd’s season.

Not the spark I thought would kick off the run of commits, honestly the timing reeks of desperation (nothing against the kid). Don’t think he sticks as QB2 in the long run but just my two cents.

Last edited:
Like i said all this has to be put into perspective with the portal. We can go recruit man backup QB thats a talent soon aa we need a QB. If this was before the Portal i would be as livid. Also nothing is gonna be enough until we see results on the field. The false hype died last offseason.

I'm curious to see who they target as QB1 (now that Air isn't coming) in this class will be because the pickings will be slim due to this QB class being so weak.

Advertisement
Back