On Jared Harrison-Hunte and Jayden Wayne...

View as article
Advertisement
"Second, and more importantly, Miami believes it can upgrade in terms of size and ability in the Portal."

This comment sort of insinuates he was pushed out. Why couldn't we upgrade the position and keep him? JHH was likely going to be the 2nd starter no matter who we bring in.

If need spots available, why not cut Gore? If what the staff is trying to do is upgrade in "size and ability"
I read it as we wanted to keep JHH, but at a reasonable price. He just threatened to bounce in the winter and we renegotiated. And DMoney just said he's looked to portal several times. If that is the case, it was only a matter of time. Also wouldn't be shocked if he didn't get what he's looking for on the market and comes back.

I think DT and CB has been a recruiting issue.

LB was a recruiting issue until recently. I’m surprised we are going so hard after Alderman from Louisville (we have some young talent) but I’m told the staff has a high grade on him and we are in win-now mode.
As long as we don't run off the young talent, im cool taking him. Not sure where he fits in the rotation, maybe first guy in for Kiko or Wes?

"Second, and more importantly, Miami believes it can upgrade in terms of size and ability in the Portal."

This comment sort of insinuates he was pushed out. Why couldn't we upgrade the position and keep him? JHH was likely going to be the 2nd starter no matter who we bring in.

If need spots available, why not cut Gore? If what the staff is trying to do is upgrade in "size and ability"

I believe JHH departure was also NIL related. He wanted more as he was not fully invested "culture" wise. He was asking more than what he was worth as an average DT.

Advertisement

My guess, without information, is salary cap

I believe JHH departure was also NIL related. He wanted more as he was not fully invested "culture" wise. He was asking more than what he was worth as an average DT.
Maybe that's the case, but Dmoney didn't mention NIL as a reason JHH entered the portal. He said culture.

I'm trying to not make assumptions and go off of what Dmoney said.

Maybe that's the case, but Dmoney didn't mention NIL as a reason JHH entered the portal. He said culture.

Either way, probably best to part ways. If he doesn't buy into the culture, do you really want him around? And if he was trying to get more NIL money after just getting more in the winter, I don't blame the staff for drawing a line and refusing to be strong-armed. Would set a bad precedent.

Advertisement

That is true. It's more assumption and speculation on my part. I'm interpreting his comments regarding flirting with the portal multiple times and not buying in culture wise as him wanting more NIL. I believe NIL wasn't exactly mentioned, but inferred.

Most of these questions can be answered the same way: think of it like NFL free agency.

Advertisement
Been underwhelmed with Mario and the portal so far but you land Ward, Martinez, Brown, and a legit DT/DE and I’ll tell all the lies

I think we're looking good with the following so far.

RB - Martinez
WR - Brown
CB - Hill
LB - Alderman

I believe we need to fill the following other three positions and we'll be in much better shape.

DT
DE
CB - Another one

Advertisement
Hey Mario.....

Waiting Patiently GIF by General Hospital

I think we're looking good with the following so far.

RB - Martinez
WR - Brown
CB - Hill
LB - Alderman

I believe we need to fill the following other three positions and we'll be in much better shape.

DT
DE
CB - Another one
Hill is another one good call. Big fan of that kid.

Advertisement
Back