On Caleb Downs Hitting The Portal

Advertisement
Why does everyone say we have money problems when we don’t get a kid? They UGA have a previous relationship with this kid and that’s what’s winning out. We got money bruh, sounds like tears to me.
Yeah I dont get people harping about this one. Like if the kid was from So. FL., 5* safety, went to Bama, then Saban retires and we hire his position coach coming off a 1 loss season and one year removed from a championship and he hits the portal everyone here would call it a MASSIVE whiff if we missed him and he went elsewhere. Which I would agree with, that would be a huge whiff. Well in my scenario sub in UGA for Miami and it is still the same line of thinking.

Yeah I dont get people harping about this one. Like if the kid was from So. FL., 5* safety, went to Bama, then Saban retires and we hire his position coach coming off a 1 loss season and one year removed from a championship and he hits the portal everyone here would call it a MASSIVE whiff if we missed him and he went elsewhere. Which I would agree with, that would be a huge whiff. Well in my scenario sub in UGA for Miami and it is still the same line of thinking.
Facts like what UF did for the Washington kid and whiffed. They should be upset cause they basically hired dead weight on the staff now

Advertisement
His next two college years will approach $5M per year?

shocked will ferrell GIF by Anchorman Movie
Terrific talent, but not sure 5 mill per is realistic.

Why does everyone say we have money problems when we don’t get a kid? They UGA have a previous relationship with this kid and that’s what’s winning out. We got money bruh, sounds like tears to me.
We don't have money problems. We have a no spots problem for several different needs. We literally have ONE single spot available. Everyone can't always have their cake and eat it too.

Advertisement
We don't have money problems. We have a no spots problem for several different needs. We literally have ONE single spot available. Everyone can't always have their cake and eat it too.
Facts

Also we don’t know the promises Mario made to the HS kids and getting someone who knows what it does to that room. He’s relationships over everything and u want to get elite kids that’s the best way to go. Keeping your word over all goes a long way.

WR1?

And that would be...?
So when you look at our entire team and we have one spot available you think wr1 is our biggest need? After seeing rutgers(who is a physical team I'll give em)run down our throats for an entire game. Knowing minus Clarke & cook and a group of true freshman what we saw in the bowl game IS what we have unless somehow Burroughs ends up back with us. You still feel wr1 is our biggest need? If that's the case we better pray we can move on from a few kids than cause that's what a playoff run depends on...

So when you look at our entire team and we have one spot available you think wr1 is our biggest need? After seeing rutgers(who is a physical team I'll give em)run down our throats for an entire game. Knowing minus Clarke & cook and a group of true freshman what we saw in the bowl game IS what we have unless somehow Burroughs ends up back with us. You still feel wr1 is our biggest need? If that's the case we better pray we can move on from a few kids than cause that's what a playoff run depends on...
Not necessarily, but I'm not particularly happy with the depth at any defensive position. Who's out there at DT worth taking?

Advertisement
Not necessarily, but I'm not particularly happy with the depth at any defensive position. Who's out there at DT worth taking?
Not a matter of what's in the portal at this exact second. The portal is all about back channeling. The point was we've got one spot. Wr isn't our biggest issue at all. That misconception exists because we had a qb who refused to integrate his numerous options that would run wide open. Not because they weren't valid options but because he wasn't capable of scanning the field.

I think we could all argue what our biggest need is. I do not see a clear cut answer. The bigger issue is why are we limited on spots? Are we against pushing kids out? Are we allowing kids to stay that won't ever contribute? Do you think those are systematic mistakes?

I think we could all argue what our biggest need is. I do not see a clear cut answer. The bigger issue is why are we limited on spots? Are we against pushing kids out? Are we allowing kids to stay that won't ever contribute? Do you think those are systematic mistakes?
We have limited spots because the ncaa has rules in place that limit our scholarship spots... far as pushing dudes out, it's a process as scholarships have obligations. Do you think all these dudes that have been leaving the last two years have been leaving under their own volition? Maybe weve been showing them the door quite possibly...Well have more spots by spring. As of now this is called reality. I get it something about you makes you question everything. Luckily for Mario, he doesn't answer to any of us. I guess the answer here is probably nothing short of #6 will be enough for some of yall. Regardless of where we were for the last two centuries.

Advertisement
We have limited spots because the ncaa has rules in place that limit our scholarship spots... far as pushing dudes out, it's a process as scholarships have obligations. Well have more spots by spring. As of now this is called reality. I get it something about you makes you question everything. Luckily for Mario, he doesn't answer to any of us. I guess the answer here is probably nothing short of #6 will be enough for some of yall. Regardless of where we were for the last two centuries.
Lol, this is a message board for offering opinions and asking questions. If I were on staff Id have answers. Thanks for the reminder though.

Lol, this is a message board for offering opinions and asking questions. If I were on staff Id have answers. Thanks for the reminder though.
Lol on this message board and in this life, I'm not your doo boy. I'm not staff and I don't answer to you. I'll explain **** the way I choose to whether you accept it or understand. People like you remind me how hopeless **** is with plenty of yall. Nothing but positivity the last few weeks but all you do is still find ways to question Mario. Lame as **** to be a grown man and have this approach.

Lol on this message board and in this life, I'm not your doo boy. I'm not staff and I don't answer to you. I'll explain **** the way I choose to whether you accept it or understand. People like you remind me how hopeless **** is with plenty of yall. Nothing but positivity the last few weeks but all you do is still find ways to question Mario. Lame as **** to be a grown man and have this approach.
You could have just said I don't want to answer your question. I offered to engage in a discussion knowing that you are staunch defender and your ties to the prgram. I asked philosophical questions about roster construction while offering 0 critique in the process. Although I am not compelled to brag about my knowledge or experience level, I can assure you that you do not know people like me because I don't talk about myself. Take care.

Advertisement
Back