On Caleb Downs Hitting The Portal

Advertisement
Did not have that on my bingo card
Screenshot_20240119_100509_Samsung Internet.jpg

We already grabbed 2 DT. We also have 2 DT returning from last years portal "haul". That brings our current total to 11 DT. That is already an extremely high number. Ideally we wouldn't keep taking mediocre to ok players at the position but the answer isn't to keep adding more of the same.
Meanwhile at WR we have 2 guys that have double digit catches on the entire roster. That is frightening going into the season with a high caliber QB. Hoping someone puts it all together is a wasted opportunity. Especially while one of those WRs is not dependable on or off the field. That is a top 3 position in terms of importance.

Edit: Horton has 13 catches lol
We can agree to disagree about the top 3 part. I do agree that we could be doing a much better job with the quality of transfer DTs. The guys we have gotten are ok. The two best likely are Burroughs and Jackson. Jackson is at FSU and Burroughs May/may not be on next years squad. A committed Burroughs (staying out of trouble) likely changes next season for us more than a WR1 in my opinion. That’s where we disagree. A great receiver doesn’t change a bad O. A great DT changes a bad D.

There definitely seems like a clear projected top 6 now (UGA, Texas, Oregon, OSU, Michigan, Bama till proven otherwise) but with the 12 team playoff now plenty of room for that next best 6 to make their move. Will definitely be interesting.
Even a two three loss team can get in depending on early season losses and strength of scheddy

Advertisement
OSU, Texas, Oregon and Ole **** going for it all.

+ Georgia's talent and Bama's talent (with Deboer coaching)

First year 12 team playoff looking like itll be a dog fight.
I don’t think Bama will win the West this upcoming season. I think Milnroe will lose the job to the incoming Qb. There’s going to be a bit of turmoil for the 🐘’s. I see them going 9-3 loses to Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU and possibly Auburn & Tennessee. Deboer’s coaching will definitely be tested. Saban saw this 2024 schedule and booked it.🤣😂🤣

Advertisement
You could have just said I don't want to answer your question. I offered to engage in a discussion knowing that you are staunch defender and your ties to the prgram. I asked philosophical questions about roster construction while offering 0 critique in the process. Although I am not compelled to brag about my knowledge or experience level, I can assure you that you do not know people like me because I don't talk about myself. Take care.
@Brooklyndee, this is the HOF MIC (moaper in chief). not amount of discussion or facts will make him anything else.

Last edited:
There definitely seems like a clear projected top 6 now (UGA, Texas, Oregon, OSU, Michigan, Bama till proven otherwise) but with the 12 team playoff now plenty of room for that next best 6 to make their move. Will definitely be interesting.
Ehh. Tough to say at this point only cause half the teams you listed haven't shown that ability consistently or have a good amount of turnover in the roster. Texas seems to be headed that path but nothing but one season supports it. Oregon same story & they're losing starting qb and bringing in a very different qb from nix. Have to see how he fits with that offense. Osu I'm not even gonna justify that with a response. Michigan more than likely loses Harbaugh and a ton of proven talent.

I don’t think Bama will win the West this upcoming season. I think Milnroe will lose the job to the incoming Qb. There’s going to be a bit of turmoil for the 🐘’s. I see them going 9-3 loses to Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU and possibly Auburn & Tennessee. Deboer’s coaching will definitely be tested. Saban saw this 2024 schedule and booked it.🤣😂🤣
Which incoming qb? The one in the portal?

Advertisement
Ehh. Tough to say at this point only cause half the teams you listed haven't shown that ability consistently or have a good amount of turnover in the roster. Texas seems to be headed that path but nothing but one season supports it. Oregon same story & they're losing starting qb and bringing in a very different qb from nix. Have to see how he fits with that offense. Osu I'm not even gonna justify that with a response. Michigan more than likely loses Harbaugh and a ton of proven talent.
I just cant right now off the top of my head think of 6 teams clearly better until proven otherwise but I guess we will find out

Mack will probably win job if he already knows the coaches playbook. I don’t know if Milnroe will beat him out. We’ll see after spring. But wow wow 😍Bama is on 🔥 The Semenholes on fire 🔥 and the most Satisfying !!! The filthy Turds on 🔥🔥🔥🔥Sizzle Sizzle…….

Advertisement
No that’s what rashada thought Gator collective was giving him

Advertisement
Back