On Burroughs

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t really think the boards making it that big of a deal

The issue everyone is concerned about is upperclass talent. Mario landed an amazing class of high school DTs that he can't count on for 2024. Taking them out of the question, there's a lot of "meh".

I liked JHH's progress and he's the best we've got, but he's not a top tier disruptive interior lineman. Then we have the NC State and MTSU transfers, who were some of the best available in the portal, which was really weak for DTs this cycle. They're also not transformative. After that, Moten and Horton who held up but nothing more last season. Hope they take a step or two as they're young. Then Gore who is tapped out at Duke performance level, maybe not even that. Then Campbell who couldn't see the field he was that underwhelming.

So I think Burroughs was expected to slide right in as the second starting DT next to JHH. Can't do that if you're kicked offtthe team.

This is such a weird situation. All the reports have continued to be "the current expectation" for a couple months, not "he will not be back." @Cribby or @DMoney do you all have any info on what's going on?
My understanding was if Lee left we probably bring him back. The fact he hasn't jumped in the portal tells me there's a good chance that's still the plan. We used to fight daily and some of em were intense. We ran people off on a regular. I got no problem with him coming back if well take him. He was dominating scout team on a normal basis.

My understanding was if Lee left we probably bring him back. The fact he hasn't jumped in the portal tells me there's a good chance that's still the plan. We used to fight daily and some of em were intense. We ran people off on a regular. I got no problem with him coming back if well take him. He was dominating scout team on a normal basis.

Damnit Brooklyn I had already accepted he was gone. Now I gotta reconsider him in the depth chart with JHH, Clark, Cook and the youngins

Advertisement
Scott has the build to contribute immediately. Wish he would've got here early but Oh well and Horton is gonna be a good one.

Best news of the day. Thank you for that nugget.

Strange that Burroughs' beef was with Lee. Lee seemed to be emotional and intense, no doubt, but also a team player. You would think they would have found a way to respect each other based on a desire to win.

Advertisement
And clearly the Miami culture isn't strong enough to bring in discipline flyers.
Bama's culture was so strong that he b*tch slapped a coach (I don't know that he b*tch slapped him but he attacked him some kinda way)...when's the last time U heard of a Miami player attacking their coach?

Was this kid an All-American or NFL prospect at some point? Seems like a lot of fuss over a rotational piece.
Yep, a lot fuss for nothing indeed...like FSPoo and their fans fussing over Bama players and several more players who haven't done shii to this point in their college careers 😂

Bama's culture was so strong that he b*tch slapped a coach (I don't know that he b*tch slapped him but he attacked him some kinda way)...when's the last time U heard of a Miami player attacking their coach?
Never they just pull on them, or so I heard.

Advertisement
Back