On Burroughs

I would assume they are going to offer between 7-10.

200.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
That second portal kid better be, as you labeled, a close to starter level player. It will put less pressure on Moten or Horton to make a massive leap. I’m probably one of the bigger Artavius Jones fans on the board and thought David Stone could give us 3T snaps next season, but I despise relying on DTs in their first couple seasons.
@LuCane What do you think of Burroughs as a player? I just watched his he b high school highlights and was genuinely surprised by how twitchy and athletic he looked. He was quick and very active with a great nose for the football. The kid was out there literally wreaking havoc, making plays and blowing up the offense. Burroughs showed speed and explosiveness that I frankly wasn't expecting. I was expecting a 6'3" 330 lb space eater and what I got was a shockingly athletic, explosive player 2 way player who is out there on offense catching touchdown passes and laying out LBs to clear the way for his running back. As a DL he is active, aware and aggressive with good instincts who shows excellent pursuit ability and surprising lateral quickness. I absolutely love this pickup!

Funny you mention that you are a big fan of Artavious Jones because I am as well but also because Jones is who I would compare Burroughs to. It's imperative that we keep Jones in this class while adding another DT. With Leonard Taylor likely going pro and Branson Deen out of eligibility, we are going to need to replace both with quality players and Burroughs is a great start.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back