On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you w/ Golden...

-
infinity.jpg

Advertisement
Just don't think he is the guy to get us where we need to be. However, there is so much talent in South Florida and we are actually starting to look like we are loading up. This year is a fail. Next year is his last year (unless we do something special).

Game day coaching: 4
Recruiting: 7
Dealing with Sanctions: 8
Being face of the Program: 8
Overall: 6

And a 6 is not gonna cut it.

Fair assessment IMO. The last two games will be telling. The team has tanked the last two years in the second half of the season.

Advertisement
I'd give him a 10....... as in 10 min. to get the fucc away from my football team!!!
This crap is just :notworking:
Anything less than a 8 is NOT gonna cut it a program like Miami. He's had some positives off of the field, with recruiting, stocking the roster with decent talent, handling the cloud, etc. But his on the field product, (wins and losses, scheme, coaching staff issues, his DC, etc.) have been absolutely horrible.

To the guys giving him good scores for recruiting, why? DT, LB, CB, S, Wr, K all have recruiting problems. Last year we bring in one CB and he's questionable, LB we have brought in Grace and...since Perryman. Safety has Fentress a walkon playing majority of snaps. WR no quality depth. K...yeah. DT...lol

Advertisement
Overall, Al Golden deserves a 4 for his job here. He's lost a lot of key recruiting battles, his inability to win the big game, his inability to stay in the driver sea when we control our own destiny, along w/ his inability to get to adjust...that deserves a 1. But I'll give him a 7 on the use of media features, getting our facilities upgraded.

To the guys giving him good scores for recruiting, why? DT, LB, CB, S, Wr, K all have recruiting problems. Last year we bring in one CB and he's questionable, LB we have brought in Grace and...since Perryman. Safety has Fentress a walkon playing majority of snaps. WR no quality depth. K...yeah. DT...lol

Well, lots of mopes seem convinced we are more talented than the Noles. So if you really think we have more talent than a team on a 26 game win streak, Golden gets a 10.

I'd give him a 6 overall, mostly for keeping the program together and putting a decent, if not up to UM standards, product on the field.

Advertisement
I would give him a 4.

Its easy to say ZERO, or 1, but the Shapiro mess had an impact on this team.

Shannon also left this program in shambles.

And I do think that is recruiting has been decent. Maybe not spectacular, but he's brought in some talent.

Obviously the results are Unacceptable at this point. He gets a failing grade overall. But its not a zero.

Im also not 100% convinced that he cant improve it next year.

he has done nothing that Randy Shannon couldnt do beside recruiting so i give him a 2. we have basically become a pac 12 team like Washington or UCLA. we are good but can never win against quality opponents.

Advertisement
I would give him a 4.

Its easy to say ZERO, or 1, but the Shapiro mess had an impact on this team.

Shannon also left this program in shambles.

And I do think that is recruiting has been decent. Maybe not spectacular, but he's brought in some talent.

Obviously the results are Unacceptable at this point. He gets a failing grade overall. But its not a zero.

Im also not 100% convinced that he cant improve it next year.

I'm almost positive that they will be a better team next year.

My issue is that I have no faith in them every being a consistent 10-11 win team and I feel like in years where we should be in NC contention, we'll be losing a couple of games we have no business losing.

The administration is going to give him next year to prove all of us wrong though.

Meh. About the same as Coker and Randy...a flat zero. This program is just hot garbage anymore. Can't beat anyone with a pulse, and probably won't for the foreseeable future. Horribly run program at a horribly run university. Complete do-over by a competent staff is necessary, but these clowns are too cheap to do much of anything. Don't trust this admins (with or without Shalala) to hire anyone with real talent to get us out of the ditch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back