On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you w/ Golden...

Advertisement
He Is A Major Disappointment.

A Separation Agreement should be signed at season's end.

Only reason I game him a 2 and not a 1 is because I honestly expected him to get blown out by FSU and he didn't.

Advertisement
Total 3.5. I give him a 1 on performance, 3 on managing players off the field, and 6.5 for recruiting. I give him a 4 for evaluating talent for recruiting. I give him a 1 for managing his coaches

Advertisement
4.5 but I think..I think...he's growing and being forced to admit to himself that his philosophy needs to change. The sudden defensive improvement gives me hope. I think a head coaching change right now would be an awful idea. I think the addition of Ice Harris and Baez was a coup. I hope he replaces Jethro Franklin and Williams during the off season. Shannons teams by the end of his tenure were obsessed with smoking dope and sleepwalking through their games. That team on Saturday night gave a **** and played like they gave a ****. Can't say that about Shannons teams at the end.

Advertisement
Just don't think he is the guy to get us where we need to be. However, there is so much talent in South Florida and we are actually starting to look like we are loading up. This year is a fail. Next year is his last year (unless we do something special).

Game day coaching: 4
Recruiting: 7
Dealing with Sanctions: 8
Being face of the Program: 8
Overall: 6

And a 6 is not gonna cut it.

He hasn't overachieved, but I don't think he's underachieved either (assuming we win out).

Advertisement
Just don't think he is the guy to get us where we need to be. However, there is so much talent in South Florida and we are actually starting to look like we are loading up. This year is a fail. Next year is his last year (unless we do something special).

Game day coaching: 4
Recruiting: 7
Dealing with Sanctions: 8
Being face of the Program: 8
Overall: 6

And a 6 is not gonna cut it.

Nailed it..

I begrudgingly have to give the guy some credit for sticking with us and not letting things get completely out of control during the cloud-era. But he doesn't have what it takes right now to be a great FBS coach, so there's really no reason to stick with him. 2010-2013: 4. 2014: 1.

Advertisement
Back