On a positive note, Gilbert Frierson...

Bolden
Frierson
Smith
Blades
Ivey

carter and hall smh.... I mad that Avante got hurt he could and would be out there a lot right now. But next year James Williams, Avante Williams, and Kamron Kitchens roaming back there đź‘€.

Advertisement
Against UNC and VT we might have to have Smith and Frierson on the field together at times

Seems to be really taking ownership of the striker position. He’s played very well the last few weeks.

hope he can continue to hold this position down and give us some continuity next year as well.
Props to Bubba , also....

Gil was about the only person out there who wasnt losing contain, looked explosive, and used tenacity to get after it and then finished when he got there. Bolden misses far too many tackles when he gets there and our DEs have no idea what the word contain means

Advertisement
Gil was my favorite in his UM class....
Everytime I saw him play in HS....He made Big time plays, every way imaginable...I called this a yr ago..

He seems to be playing much better this year. That's a common theme with this defense, guys will show flashes and make plays 2/3 of the time, but the other 1/3 of the time, they're giving up conversions on 3rd and longs or 70yd TD runs.

Gilbert has really impressed me in the last few games.. Looks like he belongs. They need to have him AND Keontra Smith ont he field at the same time because both have looked really good and active.

As far as recruiting...what Gilbert is doing i would like them to place Chase Smith or James Williams at that position as well. Preferable Chase.

Advertisement
I said before the game he needed to have a huge game. He was lights out. Got caught looking in a few times but overall, he did great. Kid has been balling lately,

Brooks, while flashing, took himself out of a fair amount of plays as well. Do you give him a start and let him learn in a trial by fire or just keep bringing him off the bench? Pretty much everyone out there would make a play and then follow it up with some stupidity. Gotta cut down on that.
All the LBs did that. He has the athleticism to make up for it + room to develop. You know what you got with Jennings and McCloud

Advertisement
All the LBs did that. He has the athleticism to make up for it + room to develop. You know what you got with Jennings and McCloud

McCloud has his moments. Jennings, man, maybe he's back too soon or just rusty. I don't know, I can't bag on Jennings right now, but I wouldn't be sad if he got less playing time for right now.

As far as recruiting...what Gilbert is doing i would like them to place Chase Smith or James Williams at that position as well. Preferable Chase.
I thought that James wanted no part of the striker position?

Gilbert has really impressed me in the last few games.. Looks like he belongs. They need to have him AND Keontra Smith ont he field at the same time because both have looked really good and active.

yea chase is being bought in as striker

Advertisement
Man if our linebackers could read and react like that we would be cooking.

20201010_205233.jpg

Advertisement
Back