On a positive note, Gilbert Frierson...

Advertisement
I thought Phillips and Roche played well off the edge too. They totaled 10 pressures, and Clemson didn’t take many deep drops because of that. If fact Clemson benched Carman as Roche was working him pretty good in the pass game.

Bolden and Brooks played well.
Brooks needs to learn from veteran leadership, keep him on bench..

Advertisement
I thought Phillips and Roche played well off the edge too. They totaled 10 pressures, and Clemson didn’t take many deep drops because of that. If fact Clemson benched Carman as Roche was working him pretty good in the pass game.

i think we were watching different games I thought Phillips and Roche lost containment all game

C2301754-D1CA-4293-85C7-5A53CA7E9F7D.jpeg

Seems to be really taking ownership of the striker position. He’s played very well the last few weeks.

hope he can continue to hold this position down and give us some continuity next year as well.
Agreed. I was about to say that. Gil balled out with Phillips, Bubba and Brooks. Roche at times. Balloon played like a true freshman, but he will be okay.
But Gilbert stuck out to me the most besides Bubba. He left it all on the field. He busted his *** out there.

Advertisement
Too many mistakes. I saw two throws if they were on the money it was a TD, both to the TE Will M.

#s 6 and 9 should be playing more and more, even at the expense of 53 and 44s season.

If Bubba had not been balling his *** off the last couple of games people would be all in on Frierson.

Advertisement
Brooks, while flashing, took himself out of a fair amount of plays as well. Do you give him a start and let him learn in a trial by fire or just keep bringing him off the bench? Pretty much everyone out there would make a play and then follow it up with some stupidity. Gotta cut down on that.

glad to see some of us can find positives ... didn't see any on offense, however gil, brooks, tac, our defensive ends having success with pressure ... are all bright spot

we're probably 3-4 years behind clemson, they're talent is ridiculous ... those are facts (hate it or love it) the rest of the league however ... we can and should have good success

Advertisement
Get better each week, win out, have a chance at revenge. All of our goals are still intact. You can be negative all you want but we still have alot of football to be played & lots can happen.

Brooks, while flashing, took himself out of a fair amount of plays as well. Do you give him a start and let him learn in a trial by fire or just keep bringing him off the bench? Pretty much everyone out there would make a play and then follow it up with some stupidity. Gotta cut down on that.
Going in against Clemson, I can see making a case to play people that knew where to be. It didn't make a difference. Now that we're in a part of the schedule where we match up better, they have to give him more burn and let him learn.

Advertisement
Back