Omier injury (UPDATE: PLAYING VS DRAKE)

Miami needs to offer Wong a NIL deal to bring him back one more year next year with Pack and Omier.
I'm sure that they will but if he's a first rounder theres really no reason to stay.

Pack, Omier, Poplar, joseph and Beverley will headline next years team along with one or 2 other portal players. Casey and Favour will have some experience and weight room next year. We should be good again.

Advertisement
Popa is the only time we didn’t have an undersized 5. Why are we adverse to height? We need some Purdue dudes.

Popa is the only time we didn’t have an undersized 5. Why are we adverse to height? We need some Purdue dudes.

Tito Horford was 7-1. Tonye Jekiri 7-0. Huell/Hernandez was 6-11. Gamble, Reggie and Uzundu were 6-10. Waardenburg wasn't a 5, but he was 6-10 and could actually block shots.

Aire is 6-11 and was a pretty bigtime recruit. Hopefully he doesn't turn into another Deng Gak.

Might have to do with our staff's inability to prove they can develop bigs into NBA prospects. Historically, we've done a good job of getting PGs and wings into the NBA. For whatever reason, haven't been able to do the same with our bigs.

Advertisement
I’d be open to putting Miller at the 5 and just running teams to death, for long stretches. I just don’t see this team winning 2 games in a row with Walker playing starter minutes, unless we get hot from three. Pack needs to get healthy asap too.
I think a lot of it will depend on who our opponent is. Can't have Miller at the 5 if the opposing team has a 7 footer. I really like what I saw from Casey in our last game. That being said, I think the safe move would be to start Walker and let Casey and Aire back him up. After opening tip-off, I'd play the rest of the game with whomever is playing the best. Just cause I start Walker doesn't mean I'd guarantee him starter minutes if he's being outplayed by any of the other two. Also, would play Miller at 5 if opposing team has a small lineup on the floor. That way you can get your best 5 playing at once without any concern about being in huge size disadvantage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i don't think he's gets drafted.
I think Wong has got a chance to be drafted if he were to declare for the draft after this season. Many of the draft boards I've seen have him outside of the top 50. Do think his draft stock will depend heavily on how he does at the NBA pre draft camps though. Based on NIL, I do think if he feels he can get a better draft grade next year he should definitely come back, but I am hearing he's likely a goner.

I think a lot of it will depend on who our opponent is. Can't have Miller at the 5 if the opposing team has a 7 footer. I really like what I saw from Casey in our last game. That being said, I think the safe move would be to start Walker and let Casey and Aire back him up. After opening tip-off, I'd play the rest of the game with whomever is playing the best. Just cause I start Walker doesn't mean I'd guarantee him starter minutes if he's being outplayed by any of the other two. Also, would play Miller at 5 if opposing team has a small lineup on the floor. That way you can get your best 5 playing at once without any concern about being in huge size disadvantage.
I think you can play Miller down low for stretches, no matter who you play. The mismatch goes both ways. A 7 footer can’t guard him, but he can certainly hold his own against one. You force the other team to adjust to you.

But that won’t work against really good teams. We need a good draw first weekend, so we don’t run into one in the second round.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back