Omier injury (UPDATE: PLAYING VS DRAKE)

100%. Walker was awful. He basically did nothing defensively either. At the very end he turned up the energy when pressing and had the and 1 play but other than that he killed a bunch of offensive possessions with horrible shot attempts and got bossed around defensively
I hope that Casey and Walker getting starter/early sub practice will produce better results. I think our guys did a great job after expected let down, but we need our big guys to have a role. Small ball might be enough in 1st 2 rounds as long as we don’t get some bad draw. We came close to beating a hot Duke team (and their refs)

Advertisement
This one really sucks man... we stayed healthy almost all season and then right at the end this happens. Could derail what was looking like the best season in canes hoops history. Really unfortunate
Totally deflating. We all know not only the man but his position was critical to our success. A genuine blow and it shows life is not always fair and in this case gugantically depressing for a fan base so full of hopes. I would not hesitate to call it a shocking development.

Advertisement
Somebody needs to shine a bright light in Walkers face and tell him to man up. Like in the movie Network when Ned Beatty speaks to Peter Finch such a classic scene.

Advertisement
I thought Walker played better than expected. But then again my expectations are really low these days. To say he was a reason why we lost is dubious. He is probably seventh on the list of reasons (three refs go higher), so technically your statement is correct.

Walker had 6 points and 4 rebounds. 24 min. Casey played 15 min and had 2 points, no rebounds. Casey has upside that Walker doesn't, but yesterday he looked lost for the most part and that isn't unexpected for a freshman.
Clearly L thinks that right now Walker is the better option than Casey.

Advertisement
The anticipation of what Omier's health is for tourney is killer. I am expecting he won't be ready to play any kind of minutes until second weekend if we can even make it that far.

Advertisement
Going forward for next year, I think its time to treat basketball like a business, just like football. Which means we need to use portal and NIL to build some serious depth.
If we have to create room by encouraging players like Walker to move on, so be it. Can't scuttle entire season when one player goes down.

Only one man can save the day (also, bring these uniforms back)

UMmbk1994scan-010.jpg

Advertisement
Back