Omier injury (UPDATE: PLAYING VS DRAKE)

My best guess is that his earliest return would be for the sweet 16 round. That's two weeks out. And this is only if its a mild sprain.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Knowing how he’s been all year I wouldn’t be surprised if he tries to play through it if he’s allowed. Only question is what’s the break even point between baby food at 75% vs Ant or Casey?

Sorry folks but that is your classic type season ending injury. No justice for our Hurricanes🥲
Yea, I've played basketball my whole live. I've broken (avulsion fracture) my ankle on a play just like Omier. I've sprained my ankle so bad other times that I had to be carried off the court.

Like someone else said, unless he is a freak healer, I see no way this is a one week injury. Probably more like a 2-3 week injury.

Flip side, he will receive immediate grade A care and recovery.

College age kids heal faster than older people so it could be 1-2 weeks. He may be less than 100% next week but we could use some min still.
I sprained my ankle when I was in my younger 20's on a rebound play. Obviously a totally different level of play or athleticism but back then I could dunk as a 6' ft white guy. It took a month before I felt comfortable jumping on it. I could jog a little but sadly it's a slow healing injury.

Now Miami has the best equipment and therapy guys so could he recover in 7-10 days? Maybe. I guess we'll know in a week if he is going to give it a go. The good news is that even if he did try and hurt it worse, he'd still be fine in 4-6 months so wouldn't keep him from playing at a high level should he go professional.

Play Casey and when he needs a blow go small. Walker was one of the reasons we lost today.
I thought Walker played better than expected. But then again my expectations are really low these days. To say he was a reason why we lost is dubious. He is probably seventh on the list of reasons (three refs go higher), so technically your statement is correct.

Walker had 6 points and 4 rebounds. 24 min. Casey played 15 min and had 2 points, no rebounds. Casey has upside that Walker doesn't, but yesterday he looked lost for the most part and that isn't unexpected for a freshman.

Advertisement
any update on status of Norchad and if he will be able to play next week?

our players were true warriors last night

heroic performance

kudos to Wong, Pack (who is also hurt), Miller, Wooga, and Joseph

if Norchad can’t go next week, start Miller at the 5, Wooga at the 4, Beverly at the 3, and Wong and Pack at 2 and 1, respectively

can win with this lineup in round 1 and 2; sub in Casey, Amir, and Walker (in that order) in front court

sub in Joseph in backcourt

emphasize passing by Beverly and no 3’s by Walker (other than a dunk Walker should not shoot)

win and advance

I thought Walker played better than expected. But then again my expectations are really low these days. To say he was a reason why we lost is dubious. He is probably seventh on the list of reasons (three refs go higher), so technically your statement is correct.

Walker had 6 points and 4 rebounds. 24 min. Casey played 15 min and had 2 points, no rebounds. Casey has upside that Walker doesn't, but yesterday he looked lost for the most part and that isn't unexpected for a freshman.
Walker also gave up numerous offensive rebounds, took some dumb shots, and was pretty poor on defense. The refs were atrocious, Omier getting hurt, Walker’s poor play, and Pack’s inability to hit some threes were all contributions to the loss.

Hardest part of this is I want UVA to stomp doo doo but I know better for our seeding the other way around. Dang I’m ****ed about it all. Ruining my day today.

Yea, I've played basketball my whole live. I've broken (avulsion fracture) my ankle on a play just like Omier. I've sprained my ankle so bad other times that I had to be carried off the court.

Like someone else said, unless he is a freak healer, I see no way this is a one week injury. Probably more like a 2-3 week injury.

Flip side, he will receive immediate grade A care and recovery.
i've broken/torn ligaments on both ankles exactly the same way. i doubt he comes back unfortunately.

Advertisement
Walker also gave up numerous offensive rebounds, took some dumb shots, and was pretty poor on defense. The refs were atrocious, Omier getting hurt, Walker’s poor play, and Pack’s inability to hit some threes were all contributions to the loss.
100%. Walker was awful. He basically did nothing defensively either. At the very end he turned up the energy when pressing and had the and 1 play but other than that he killed a bunch of offensive possessions with horrible shot attempts and got bossed around defensively

we need him back for Thursday/friday but not likely. kinda kills our hopes tbh bc were gonna have to make it through the sweet 16 for a realistic shot of him returning. the hope really is that L knew where wed place no matter what and decided id not send him back out there to further hurt himself even if he could've came back and its not serious

Only upside is I believe it is spring break so Norchad can live at Hecht this week trying to rehab.

Advertisement
Countdown until all of our guards get food poisoning right before our Round 2 match-up.

Based on our effing luck, I think the only real solution is to put this team in a hermetically sealed bubble and give everyone a daily toradol shot.

Countdown until all of our guards get food poisoning right before our Round 2 match-up.

Based on our effing luck, I think the only real solution is to put this team in a hermetically sealed bubble and give everyone a daily toradol shot.

And put 6 guards on the 3pt line 3 hours a day for 4 days and shoot till they don't miss... small ball all the way to sweet 16.
Want to be Harward of the South.. here's a chance

Last edited:
Since we're going to be talking about this all week, we might as well have a thread about it.

Thanks! Good to see it has progressed from somewhere between the levels of McGahee to King to Peter Griffin to funeral services being planned … without an ounce of information.

Telehealth improves by the minute at CIS Health…

Recover quickly Omier!

Advertisement
Back