Omar Kelly's take on BK's draft stock and future

Brandinho

Section 139
Premium
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 8.33.37 PM.jpg

Found it interesting, thought I would share. I'm sure most of you guys on here aren't the biggest Omar Kelly fans lmao, he is a bit polarizing.

Advertisement
I think Kaaya will stay for three reasons:

1- He comes from wealth and doesn't need the money.
2- He knows another year with Richt will help his development.
3- He also knows next years team will be really good and a Playoff run isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
Like the Kaaya positivity but anything that comes from Omar Kelly should be thrown into the trash. Not a shot @ OP, I know you're just the messenger :love_heart:

I think Kaaya will stay for three reasons

1- he comes from wealth and doesn't need the money
2- he knows another year with Richt will help his development
3- he also knows next years team will be really good and a Playoff run isn't out of the realm of possibility

Don't forget he said he looked forward to being coached by Mark for two years. I think kid is planning on staying two.

Advertisement
I remember seeing some stat that QBs who come out after only 3 years bust at a much higher rate.

It would probably serve him well long-term to go all 4 years.

Omar Kelly smfh...the same one who said Kaaya doesn't have an NFL arm....that guy is trash stopped following him years ago

Advertisement
I think he stays but if he does come out, someone will fall in love with him at the Combine

Unless Kaaya vaults up to become a top5 pick in most mock drafts or Kizer declares that he's staying, I think it's in his best interest to stay.
The only negative with him staying is that he loses Stacy Coley. But I think Ahmmon will definitely step up.

Though if he stays he will also be competing with Rosen and Luke Faulk, and still potentially Kizer, Watson, and Mason Rudolph.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I still don't think he's a finished product. I really believe that he would be better served coming back in 17'.

He'll be able to get another year with Richt in a true pro-style offense. His feet, pocket awareness, reads will get better and it will give him the best chance to succeed.

We would be loaded on O - losing only Coley and Isidora. Our D will be better in the front 7 - we'll have to reload our secondary, but that's it.

Don't they know he doesn't have the arm strength for the NFL?

And while I'd love for him to stay, it's got to be hard to convince yourself to risk injury by staying when there's 1st round money out there. Hopefully the season goes so well that he decides we can win it all next year.

Advertisement
Well it would be interesting to stay a year and let the Browns draft the ND QB that way the next year you would have a chance to go to a real NFL team.

I understand the health prospect of a RB or any of skill positions because your legs have a mileage ticker. QB's need to be smart coming out of school so they know how to read Defenses and see where the blitzes are coming from. That is how they protect themselves. Do that and Kayaa would play until he is 38. You can tell he is still learning the game.

I was watching the rerun of the App St game and I saw Kayaa change some of the plays at the line and also went from shotgun to under center and both throw from that and also call some running plays. And to think the #1 draft QB last year never did that.............ever.

Funny, Stacy Coley being mentioned as a weapon lost after this year. Richards is going to kill it next year. How many high school WR's were rated higher than this kid?

That throw to Berrios @App State was so beautiful. Any question about BK's arm strength was answered right there. Still want to see him win a big game.

Don't they know he doesn't have the arm strength for the NFL?

And while I'd love for him to stay, it's got to be hard to convince yourself to risk injury by staying when there's 1st round money out there. Hopefully the season goes so well that he decides we can win it all next year.

So well that he decides to come back for his second ring**

Advertisement
Back