Olsen Officially Dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish the kid the best and hope that his parents get him help...

Anyone hating on Olsen is an idiot! The young man has a substance abuse issue. At 19 with several incidents, it's a F'ing problem!
He's got a stupidity issue. He arrested himself when he approached the cops.

Was is stupidity or a cry for help? During the game, when Heaps was sucking cojones, Baby Jesus removed his headset in disgust! ...and then for the next series, Heaps went to the bench and Kaaya back in. Olsen didn't know how to quit, unless someone does it for him. Olsen has never played a single down of Football, is he looking for a fresh start elsewhere? Was APPROACHing to the cops his way for getting others to send him off the team?

That's deep stuff. I tend to think he's just a dumb arrogant dyck.

Advertisement

Anyone hating on Olsen is an idiot! The young man has a substance abuse issue. At 19 with several incidents, it's a F'ing problem!

Was is stupidity or a cry for help? During the game, when Heaps was sucking cojones, Baby Jesus removed his headset in disgust! ...and then for the next series, Heaps went to the bench and Kaaya back in. Olsen didn't know how to quit, unless someone does it for him. Olsen has never played a single down of Football, is he looking for a fresh start elsewhere? Was APPROACHing to the cops his way for getting others to send him off the team?

It's a cry for help, dammit!!

Maybe he's smarter than everyone. Olsen must have known that if he got pinched for DUI, he would be dismissed from the team and he could transfer anywhere without restriction, including Rutgers and Montclair State University. GTFOH with that shiznit!

Part of the problem is the continued disconnect between the goals of the football team and the goals of the admin.

A majority of these kats wouldn't be kicked out of FSU/LSU/Auburn/Bama, etc.

The moron school continues to hire coaches unqualified for this job, and then make the job even harder by acting like this is Duke.

Advertisement
Got some ruthless fans here. Hopefully he can turn it around somewhere else.

Dudes angry at the man like he been pounding they girls ***** right in front of em. If he had a **** site it would be " Girlfriend takes Baby Jesus as boyfriend watches and sits on a couch *****ing on a forum"

Never was the man here, as expected. This was foreshadowed long before he was out of HS. What a waste. Next.

YAWN

What is he making a documentary about? He has not done anything yet.

He's had a very successful HS career, is a top prospect, and his dad is retiring after coaching the same team to legendary status for 25 years. Excuse us Mr. Coppola.

Yep you really called that one, glad "he wasnt expected to be the man here"

Good call on the "foreshadowing" too, fa-ggot.

AG...breaking all kinds of records.
Worst defense in school history...check
2nd worst defense in school history...check

Goals in progress:
worst offense in school history
Worst 3rd down conversion rate in school history
Highest attrition rate in school history
Create a world class culture of mediocracy

Advertisement
Part of the problem is the continued disconnect between the goals of the football team and the goals of the admin.

A majority of these kats wouldn't be kicked out of FSU/LSU/Auburn/Bama, etc.

The moron school continues to hire coaches unqualified for this job, and then make the job even harder by acting like this is Duke.

This isn't this kid's first problem. Third strike just since arriving on campus, plus showing no ambition or responsibility when the starting QB job was his to lose...

Kid needs to be gone. Has nothing to do with the admin.

Last edited:
Kind of messed up that baby Jesus couldn't stay off the Jesus juice.

regardless, hope he turns around his life.

But with the way miami's luck has been lately, he's gonna be a feature on college game day in two years talking about his trials and tribulations and how his father, God, turned him around and "resurrected" his career as he gets ready to line up against UM that day.

And wins. FML

Last edited:
More Alttrition. Al is going to set a record on losing players. I guess that gives him a perpetual youth excuse with his dopey disciples. Al is the Ponce de Leon of corching with his never ending fountain of youth.

Kid was a bum, never would have amounted to anything. So, you want a seasoned team of experienced players? How about perpetual druggie and drunk and unreliable backup?

Free up the scholarship, one more kid to recruit who might amount to something.

So long, Baby Jesus!

Advertisement
I'll always have the memories.

[video=youtube;qYiWydDyMIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYiWydDyMIE[/video]

AG...breaking all kinds of records.
Worst defense in school history...check
2nd worst defense in school history...check

Goals in progress:
worst offense in school history
Worst 3rd down conversion rate in school history
Highest attrition rate in school history
Create a world class culture of mediocracy

Stupid.

I've seen much worse defenses, and much worse offenses. Attrition? I don't know the numbers, but I think a lot of players were unhappy with the practices of Fran Curci when he came back to be head coach and had to fight in the cage. I'll bet a lot of players left, although I don't have numbers.

There were so many years we would have killed to win 9 games. So, we used to play ten in a season, so that might be equivalent to 6 or 7 wins. Maybe not great, but our performance under Golden, especially the last year, was not "the worst or second worst" in school history. Have you checked the stats going back since the beginning of the program?

Or did the program start in 1983? (Maybe you were not even born then.) I don't have statistics, but I know we've had worse defenses and worse offenses in our history.

Am I happy with what I'm seeing? No. Do I think we have a chance to improve? Yes, but cautiously. I'm not sure this guy will do it, although he's one of the best recruiters I've seen at the U.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for improvement, but no way this is the "worst" or "second worst" in history. Maybe you're employing hyerpole, or just another internet whiner, but you've made some really strong statements, and they're not true in my opinion.

Never was the man here, as expected. This was foreshadowed long before he was out of HS. What a waste. Next.

YAWN

What is he making a documentary about? He has not done anything yet.

He's had a very successful HS career, is a top prospect, and his dad is retiring after coaching the same team to legendary status for 25 years. Excuse us Mr. Coppola.

Yep you really called that one, glad "he wasnt expected to be the man here"

Good call on the "foreshadowing" too, fa-ggot.

Dawg, ur avatar is killin me rite now, lol. :ttdG2M10mxVZxan.jpg:hunt_dog_lol::jeremyshockey:

Advertisement
Amazing that people are complaining that AG is somehow responsible for the kids who get in trouble and leave. Maybe we should let them stay?

I just happened to be reading some old articles on a former Nebraska and NFL defensive lineman, Christian Peter. He was charged with multiple mutliple sexual assaults including at least one rape, other criminal acts, all before he finished at Nebraska. I think there were a total of eight criminal violations before he finished. I don't even think he was ever suspended. In fact, then coach Tom Osborne seemed to shrug them off.

We played Nebraska for the NC in 1995, and I heard a story from one of our starting OL about how one or more of the DLs from Nebraska was taunting our kids with racial epithets. I suspect it was Peter. (Peter was white and the kid whom I heard told my friend was black). Nothing infuriated me more about losing the game than hearing this kind of story, especially given that many of the Nebraska players themselves were black.

I'd much rather get rid of high maintenance, trouble making kids early since I don't think they're good for the program. We've won championships with some kids like this, so has FSU (Winston, among others), UF (probably 1/3 the team, or more), but I don't think it's good for us in the long run, or that it's going to be tolerated under this and future administrations.

I've had to spend a lot of years since the mid'80s listening to crap about the U and defending it. It tarnishes the academic reputation when you hear it among professionals, as I have in Washington DC and NYC. I hear a colleague describe UM as "Thug U." What happens when a UM graduate who is perfectly qualified, has a good academic record, applies for a job with this guy? Does it affect, even subconsciously, how the person with hiring authority views the applicant? Maybe. I'm sure people should overlook prejudices and unsubstantiated subjective information, but it's better not to continue this image. Fortunately, I think it has subsided over the years. If we kept admitted rapists (Blue and Figueroa) in the program, habitual substance abusers and underachievers (Olsen) in the program, it can only hurt. People who get in trouble constantly and underachieve eventually can be become a cancer in the program.

I'm sorry to him go, but after I read the latest report on his arrest, I knew it was necessary and inevitable.

By the way, I never attended the U, so don't have a dog in the fight when it comes to academic reputation and quality of the degree, but I would think that most people here should care. Contrary to some of the opinions, the name of the institution does matter to some degree in the future, whether in getting into a selective graduate or professional school, or jobs. i know it counts to some degree in law, particularly with the most competitive jobs like judicial clerkships and big law firms.

Last edited:
Amazing that people are complaining that AG is somehow responsible for the kids who get in trouble and leave. Maybe we should let them stay?

I just happened to be reading some old articles on a former Nebraska and NFL defensive lineman, Christian Peter. He was charged with multiple mutliple sexual assaults including at least one rape, other criminal acts, all before he finished at Nebraska. I think there were a total of eight criminal violations before he finished. I don't even think he was ever suspended. In fact, then coach Tom Osborne seemed to shrug them off.

We played Nebraska for the NC in 1995, and I heard a story from one of our starting OL about how one or more of the DLs from Nebraska was taunting our kids with racial epithets. I suspect it was Peter. (Peter was white and the kid whom I heard told my friend was black). Nothing infuriated me more about losing the game than hearing this kind of story, especially given that many of the Nebraska players themselves were black.

I'd much rather get rid of high maintenance, trouble making kids early since I don't think they're good for the program. We've won championships with some kids like this, so has FSU (Winston, among others), UF (probably 1/3 the team, or more), but I don't think it's good for us in the long run, or that it's going to be tolerated under this and future administrations.

I've had to spend a lot of years since the mid'80s listening to crap about the U and defending it. It tarnishes the academic reputation when you hear it among professionals, as I have in Washington DC and NYC. I hear a colleague describe UM as "Thug U." What happens when a UM graduate who is perfectly qualified, has a good academic record, applies for a job with this guy? Does it affect, even subconsciously, how the person with hiring authority views the applicant? Maybe. I'm sure people should overlook prejudices and unsubstantiated subjective information, but it's better not to continue this image. Fortunately, I think it has subsided over the years. If we kept admitted rapists (Blue and Figueroa) in the program, habitual substance abusers and underachievers (Olsen) in the program, it can only hurt. People who get in trouble constantly and underachieve eventually can be become a cancer in the program.

I'm sorry to him go, but after I read the latest report on his arrest, I knew it was necessary and inevitable.

By the way, I never attended the U, so don't have a dog in the fight when it comes to academic reputation and quality of the degree, but I would think that most people here should care. Contrary to some of the opinions, the name of the institution does matter to some degree in the future, whether in getting into a selective graduate or professional school, or jobs. i know it counts to some degree in law, particularly with the most competitive jobs like judicial clerkships and big law firms.

it's very simple. a coach who recruits the kids that are having these issues is somewhat responsible. you evaluate the talent both on and off the field. well should be anyways.

Wow.

Head Coach Y recruits Player X to play for University Z

Player X gets into trouble while enrolled at University Z

But for Head Coach Y Player X would not be enrolled at University Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back