Olivier Vernon is about to get paid

The Dolphins never draft Canes, they finally draft two, hit home runs, and let them walk in their primes.

Embarrassing and predictable.

vernon not worth the money for a team w holes. hes not better than williams or wake

Vernon way too much with the holes we need to plug, Lamar is a bit over what they should pay. Definitely Worth the money but Rbs are a dime a dozen now, C.J Anderson comes to mind as a cheaper more cost effective player
Also Matt Forte would be cheaper as well if you don't mind if he's 30

Advertisement
Alex Boone was supposedly sign sealed delivered to us a couple hours ago and now he's signed elsewhere... They gonna sign an olineman soon?

Over the last eight games of the season, Vernon graded out (per PFF) as the second-best edge rusher in the NFL behind Khalil Mack. He led the NFL in hurries.

He played better without Wake this year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...s-elite-contract-year-worth-a-long-term-deal/
so it's just a coincidence that 2.5 of his 7.5 sacks this year came in the 4 games Cameron Wake played as well as 23 of his 61 tackles. Also another 2.5 sacks and 6 tackles came against Baltimore Ravens... SO what did he do the other 11 games : 32 tackles 2.5 sacks...without including a goose Egg vs. Houston WITH Cameron Wake playing as the 12th game ( I would like to point out that was against Duane Brown at LT ) Pressures aren't production, it's just there to make DE's feel better about themselves. That like saying someone's a elite shooting guard because he shoots 60% from the field but the player only averages 10 points per game

Last edited:
Advertisement
Over the last eight games of the season, Vernon graded out (per PFF) as the second-best edge rusher in the NFL behind Khalil Mack. He led the NFL in hurries.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...s-elite-contract-year-worth-a-long-term-deal/
so it's just a coincidence that 2.5 of his 7.5 sacks this year came in the 4 games Cameron Wake played as well as 23 of his 61 tackles. Also another 2.5 sacks and 6 tackles came against Baltimore Ravens... SO what did he do the other 11 games : 32 tackles 2.5 sacks...without including a goose Egg vs. Houston WITH Cameron Wake playing as the 12th game ( I would like to point out that was against Duane Brown at LT ) Pressures aren't production, it's just there to make DE's feel better about themselves. That like saying someone's a elite shooting guard because he shoots 60% from the field but averages 10 points a game

Everybody overlooking Suh help? Constantly consumed two (and some times THREE!!!) blockers and aided Vernon in getting near or to the Qb

so it's just a coincidence that 2.5 of his 7.5 sacks this year came in the 4 games Cameron Wake played as well as 23 of his 61 tackles. Also another 2.5 sacks and 6 tackles came against Baltimore Ravens... SO what did he do the other 11 games : 32 tackles 2.5 sacks...without including a goose Egg vs. Houston WITH Cameron Wake playing as the 12th game ( I would like to point out that was against Duane Brown at LT ) Pressures aren't production, it's just there to make DE's feel better about themselves. That like saying someone's a elite shooting guard because he shoots 60% from the field but averages 10 points a game

Everybody overlooking Suh help? Constantly consumed two (and some times THREE!!!) blockers and aided Vernon in getting near or to the Qb
I'm not forgetting him bro I know he helped I'm just trying to individualize Olivier

Advertisement

I'm not forgetting him bro I know he helped I'm just trying to individualize Olivier

Am I saying he is worth 15M per year? No. But if you can rush the passer (check), you are young (check), you are a good locker room and stay out of trouble (check), you are going to get paid.

The problem with the Dolphins is that they have the same thinking as you. Difference is, you are just a casual poster (or fan), the Dolphins admins get paid big bucks to not F this stuff up. And they consistently do. And they are about to do it again.

And I find it funny people are down on Vernon but not down on a 31 year old, washed up pass rusher who **** near admitted to taking last year off and not playing hard because "he didnt like the scheme". AND you rewarded him with 8.5M a year. You think its a coincidence he didnt take any other visits? He wasnt getting that kidn of money anywhere else.

Plus you really want that guy in your locker room sulking with Suh if/when things start going bad with the defense? (Suh had issues with the dolphin D and made it clear to the media) We call that double trouble. Good luck with that one!

But people are complaining about giving Vernon potentially 13M per? Ok. Smh. Thats Dolphin fans for ya.

Am I saying he is worth 15M per year? No. But if you can rush the passer (check), you are young (check), you are a good locker room and stay out of trouble (check), you are going to get paid.

The problem with the Dolphins is that they have the same thinking as you. Difference is, you are just a casual poster (or fan), the Dolphins admins get paid big bucks to not F this stuff up. And they consistently do. And they are about to do it again.

And I find it funny people are down on Vernon but not down on a 31 year old, washed up pass rusher who **** near admitted to taking last year off and not playing hard because "he didnt like the scheme". AND you rewarded him with 8.5M a year. You think its a coincidence he didnt take any other visits? He wasnt getting that kidn of money anywhere else.

Plus you really want that guy in your locker room sulking with Suh if/when things start going bad with the defense? (Suh had issues with the dolphin D and made it clear to the media) We call that double trouble. Good luck with that one!

But people are complaining about giving Vernon potentially 13M per? Ok. Smh. Thats Dolphin fans for ya.

You wanna talk to my dad who's an NFL scout for 21 years and argue with him about when he's the one who actually told me these stats you tard. I've made it known throughout who my dad is my whole time on this page and who gives me info but you guys still think I talk out of my ***. Oh btw he was in New York Monday
Report: Mario Williams visiting Giants Sunday night, Monday - Big Blue View
Report: Mario Williams visits New York Giants, may not leave

Last edited:
Advertisement
If OV was willing to sign for that same 8M they paid Williams, it would be a done deal. Unfortunately, Vernon is going to command at least double that. The Dolphins have so much cap space tied up in Suh, they can't afford to throw money at OV.

Expected to sign with Jags for 4 yrs, 75.5 mil.

So almost $19 million per? WOW if true! People are wildly undervaluing Vernon's talent (he played most of last year injured), BUT I wouldn't pay him near that either. Fins were dumb not to lock him up before 2015. That's when you could have signed him for a reasonable price, coming off a sub-par season.

Advertisement

You wanna talk to my dad who's an NFL scout for 21 years and argue with him about when he's the one who actually told me these stats you tard. I've made it known throughout who my dad is my whole time on this page and who gives me info but you guys still think I talk out of my ***. Oh btw he was in New York Monday

^^^^^^ Sounds like a five year old. Acts like a five year old. Stinks like a five year old. Must be a five year old!!!!! (somebody better tell his dad)

^^^^^^ Sounds like a five year old. Acts like a five year old. Stinks like a five year old. Must be a five year old!!!!! (somebody better tell his dad)

GOOD JOB!!!! I thought i was the only thinking that. "ASK MY DAD" WTF GTFOH

GOOD JOB!!!! I thought i was the only thinking that. "ASK MY DAD" WTF GTFOH
Lol w.e. I find it funny how many of you people are "experts", btw you're only saying that because I'm 20 but it's ok be a keyboard warrior because I know you wouldn't say that to my face. I don't need you to talk to my dad I know I'm right and you guys are all over him because he's a former canes player.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back