Olivier Vernon is about to get paid

The Giants are retarded, Vernon is not worth anywhere near the amount of this deal.

Market dictates value

Why fans always got these arbitrary figures attached to professional athletes?The teams dictate what these guys are worth, not your personal assessment of their performance.

Somebody was gonna pay Olivier Vernon. Glad it was us.

Actually, market dictates price not necessarily value. Since the Giants got in a bidding war with the Jags, OV's price tag went up. That doesn't mean he's a better player, just a more expensive one. If you go to an auction and get in a bidding war over a 93 Toyota and end up paying $30,000 for it, that doesn't make that Toyota worth $30,000. But if you're desperate for pass rush, sometimes you have to overpay for the best available pass rusher.

Semantics pimp.

Value or Price...

Same difference. Whatever somebody is willing to pay is exactly what them dudes are worth. What don't fans understand about that? It's not a grey area.
You really think value and price are the same thing?

Oh my freaking God

I get that CIS is the home of "Who wants to be a smartass" but Jesus Christ could you and your clan give this a rest?

These dudes are worth what the guys with money pay them...simple as that

Advertisement
Market dictates value

Why fans always got these arbitrary figures attached to professional athletes?The teams dictate what these guys are worth, not your personal assessment of their performance.

Somebody was gonna pay Olivier Vernon. Glad it was us.

Actually, market dictates price not necessarily value. Since the Giants got in a bidding war with the Jags, OV's price tag went up. That doesn't mean he's a better player, just a more expensive one. If you go to an auction and get in a bidding war over a 93 Toyota and end up paying $30,000 for it, that doesn't make that Toyota worth $30,000. But if you're desperate for pass rush, sometimes you have to overpay for the best available pass rusher.

Semantics pimp.

Value or Price...

Same difference. Whatever somebody is willing to pay is exactly what them dudes are worth. What don't fans understand about that? It's not a grey area.

Oh my freaking God

I get that CIS is the home of "Who wants to be a smartass" but Jesus Christ could you and your clan give this a rest?

Not really. Verner's contract says he's a top tier de and he's not. Just because he got paid like he's Watt doesn't mean he's the same caliber player Watt is. It'll be like someone telling you Tebow or J. Russell are worth 1st rnd picks. They're worth whatever a team is willing is pay.

No. Those two teams reached for a qb and the giants over paid for Verner.

You're saying Brock O is worth 20 mill?

Semantics pimp.

Value or Price...

Oh my freaking God

Not really. Verner's contract says he's a top tier de and he's not. Just because he got paid like he's Watt doesn't mean he's the same caliber player Watt is. It'll be like someone telling you Tebow or J. Russell are worth 1st rnd picks. They're worth whatever a team is willing is pay.

No. Those two teams reached for a qb and the giants over paid for Verner.

You're saying Brock O is worth 20 mill?

What his contract say?

Advertisement
Well pro football focus rated him the 2nd best edge rusher last year so idk what that means but I think u pay that man then

Advertisement
Back