Old UM VHS Recruiting Tapes

Advertisement
Frank Gore running between the tackles for a 5-5 Gables team was the best high school player tape I’ve ever seen. Balance, vision, toughness, speed. OMG. What a football player!

100% it was an art form how he carved teams up.

Literally impossible to tackle. one man Army

still the best I’ve ever seen live. ( I’m a pro sports photographer )

I'll raise you all AP. Pro ready straight out of high school. That's my Mt. Rushmore of backs 8ve seen since I started following recruiting.

Advertisement
remember Gore senior year, he was going head to head with the RB from Columbus ( last name started with a M) : They met I think at Tamiami, and were running wild all night

Advertisement
No problem. Reggie Bush in high school was like watching a **** video game. He was crazy good, but he wasn’t running against the type of kids that Gore was facing on the week to week basis.
Reggie Bush was on an excellent San Diego high school football team. His QB?……Alex Smith. Not bad.

Advertisement
Andre Johnson returning kicks at his size with that acceleration and cutting ability....wow.

Wilfork looks like a blob with the quickness of a mouse destroying everything in sight.

I remember DJ Williams between wanted by everyone. Couldn’t believe we got him. What an athlete.

Advertisement
The guy who pops most on Hs tape, imo, is Andre. Just physically, he’s an nfl prototype in Hs. Amazing.

Gore pre-injury is as good a RB prospect as anyone has ever seen.

You should have seen Freddie Miles....better than Gore...20yrs earlier....
I recall most of the modern era greats in Hs. Not miles. But going back to Billy Sims, ****erson, Smith, Marcus Allen, Herschel Walker. AP. Faulk. Some guys were physically dominant in HS, some were electric in a way that doesn’t necessarily translate all the way to the NFL. Sanders was the guy who was electric and it did translate. But for pure vision, field sense, balance, cutting, burst, change of direction, not sure anyone was more of a true running back than Gore. Smith merits mention. It’s just cool to watch it now, knowing what he went through and what he accomplished on repaired knees, and see how he was back when.

Advertisement
Back