Old UM VHS Recruiting Tapes

dudenate

[]__[] []\/[]
Remember these? I came across these in a random box of mine. Anyone else have any others?

(makes we wish I still had a VHS player to these some of our dudes recruiting tapes)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 72
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    991.3 KB · Views: 66
Advertisement
Advertisement
Frank Gore running between the tackles for a 5-5 Gables team was the best high school player tape I’ve ever seen. Balance, vision, toughness, speed. OMG. What a football player!
FACTS!!! Best HS highlight video I've ever seen.

I remember he looked like he was shot out of a rocket.

His freshman year, when he averaged 9.1 YPC, he was the absolute quickest back I have ever seen live in my entire life through a hole.

You said it exactly correctly. He was absolutely shot out of a cannon. I've never seen anything like it, he was honestly breathtaking.

The fact that he blew out both knees and became a completely different style runner and rode that skillset to a Hall of Fame NFL career is one of the most impressive feats of all time.

But that freshman year, HO-LEE FVCK he was explosive.

Advertisement
His freshman year, when he averaged 9.1 YPC, he was the absolute quickest back I have ever seen live in my entire life through a hole.

You said it exactly correctly. He was absolutely shot out of a cannon. I've never seen anything like it, he was honestly breathtaking.

The fact that he blew out both knees and became a completely different style runner and rode that skillset to a Hall of Fame NFL career is one of the most impressive feats of all time.

But that freshman year, HO-LEE FVCK he was explosive.
God showed mercy on every RB he created when those injuries happened to Frankie. The production gap woulda been too wide. A healthy kneed Frank probably passes Emmitt 4-5 seasons ago...

FACTS!!! Best HS highlight video I've ever seen.
Not saying that you're not right as i have never seen Frank's tape....but have you ever seen Noel Devine's freshman tape from North Fort Myers? It's easily one of the most impressive things i've ever watched.

I was a GA for a DIII school recruiting FL. I stopped in to North and started talking to the coach. He tells me about a few lower level prospects and then says he has something for me to watch. He flips on Noel's tape and when i picked my jaw up off the floor i asked him where that kid was going....the coach says to me, "into the 10th grade."

I was amazed. Now his next three years never compared to that frosh tape, but that was as good of any tape i've seen. That school has three players highlight tapes over the years who i've been told were second to none.
Deion Sanders
Jevon Kerse
Noel Devine

Advertisement
Regarding earlier tapes, I remember being excited about Damione Lewis. He was a huge get for Butch and always wanted to see what he was like in high school.

he was definitely very good year and played a while in the NFL, but I remember thinking he was going to be Russell Maryland good from what I read.

People don't realize the Gore they saw from 2003-present was never the same. Not even close. And despite that he's still a HOF RB.. But he was about 70-80% max of what he could have been.
And that difference in explosion would
Have made him the greatest of all time Rb. Of course maybe he wouldn’t have learned the patient, intelligent style he did to compensate, too. But that extra gear with what he became =GOAT.

Advertisement
Not saying that you're not right as i have never seen Frank's tape....but have you ever seen Noel Devine's freshman tape from North Fort Myers? It's easily one of the most impressive things i've ever watched.

I was a GA for a DIII school recruiting FL. I stopped in to North and started talking to the coach. He tells me about a few lower level prospects and then says he has something for me to watch. He flips on Noel's tape and when i picked my jaw up off the floor i asked him where that kid was going....the coach says to me, "into the 10th grade."

I was amazed. Now his next three years never compared to that frosh tape, but that was as good of any tape i've seen. That school has three players highlight tapes over the years who i've been told were second to none.
Deion Sanders
Jevon Kerse
Noel Devine
Yes, I’ve seen his, as well as Reggie Bush’s, Sean T (RIP), and a host of other ones. There have been a lot cause I started following HS recruiting around 92-93ish (I’m getting old🤣😂🤣). ****, i was a grown man back then. This is just one man’s opinion. The difference is, IMO, was that Gore ran the ball like an NFL All Pro, in high school. His combination of speed, power, vision, balance, change of direction skills, and strength was incredible. Quite simply, Frank Gore, BEFORE the knee injuries, was the best RB I’ve ever seen. And he’s top 15 IMO, AFTER coming back from multiple knees injuries.

Yes, I’ve seen his, as well as Reggie Bush’s, Sean T (RIP), and a host of other ones. There have been a lot cause I started following HS recruiting around 92-93ish (I’m getting old🤣😂🤣). ****, i was a grown man back then. This is just one man’s opinion. The difference is, IMO, was that Gore ran the ball like an NFL All Pro, in high school. His combination of speed, power, vision, balance, change of direction skills, and strength was incredible. Quite simply, Frank Gore, BEFORE the knee injuries, was the best RB I’ve ever seen. And he’s top 15 IMO, AFTER coming back from multiple knees injuries.
Thank you for that reply. Sounds like you seen a few good ones in your day.

Does anyone have the Gore film? I’d love to watch.

also you mentioned Reggie... I’d like to see that too!!!!!

I think Deion played QB in HS as an option QB. My old D coordinator in HS said it was a special one too

Thank you for that reply. Sounds like you seen a few good ones in your day.

Does anyone have the Gore film? I’d love to watch.

also you mentioned Reggie... I’d like to see that too!!!!!

I think Deion played QB in HS as an option QB. My old D coordinator in HS said it was a special one too
No problem. Reggie Bush in high school was like watching a **** video game. He was crazy good, but he wasn’t running against the type of kids that Gore was facing on the week to week basis.

Regarding earlier tapes, I remember being excited about Damione Lewis. He was a huge get for Butch and always wanted to see what he was like in high school.

he was definitely very good year and played a while in the NFL, but I remember thinking he was going to be Russell Maryland good from what I read.
I can still visualize Damione Lewis HS highlights, I remember how quick he was to recover from blocks, including up off the ground.

Advertisement
Back