2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve yet to see our contract & details of it. Just knowing how Blake operated, I highly doubt he or those assigned to read every lined detailed thoroughly vetted the language (or else, we wouldn’t have seen UL make 2x the amount we’re making). Just being familiar w/ other endorsement contracts, I’m going to assume there is a buyout clause, but I hate making assumptions w/o proof, especially in this case. However, several ppl in the know did inform me that was something that was being looked into.
Thanks @Rellyrell, appreciate the insight mate.

Advertisement
I live in SEC country and have family/multiple friends that graduated from UGA. Not a single 1 thinks that UGA has been a corrupt organization that landed elite talent by dropping bags. None of them. I’ve met 1 Bama fan that acknowledged their elite bag game. Obviously every school tried to play the bag game. The difference is that not all schools had the guy enforcing the rules covering for them. LSU had 4 big stories come out about them a few summers back. 1st we saw OBJ handing out $ in front of the whole country, then the story dropped about them using the childrens hospital to funnel money to recruits, then that 3* OL admitted to accepting like $250K, then the rape cover ups. None of these things were covered by major news outlets and were buried within a day. Everyone’s seen the $ and cars recruits get at these schools. The difference is that Miami would’ve gotten the death penalty if any of those things were brought to light. It’s been a rigged game for so long and they can’t stand the thought of an even playing field.
There has to be some accountability here though. The real reason these guys never get busted is because their bag men would rather fall on the sword than harm their beloved school. Last time we got in trouble, our guy sang like a ***** all way to the end.

I live in SEC country and have family/multiple friends that graduated from UGA. Not a single 1 thinks that UGA has been a corrupt organization that landed elite talent by dropping bags. None of them. I’ve met 1 Bama fan that acknowledged their elite bag game. Obviously every school tried to play the bag game. The difference is that not all schools had the guy enforcing the rules covering for them. LSU had 4 big stories come out about them a few summers back. 1st we saw OBJ handing out $ in front of the whole country, then the story dropped about them using the childrens hospital to funnel money to recruits, then that 3* OL admitted to accepting like $250K, then the rape cover ups. None of these things were covered by major news outlets and were buried within a day. Everyone’s seen the $ and cars recruits get at these schools. The difference is that Miami would’ve gotten the death penalty if any of those things were brought to light. It’s been a rigged game for so long and they can’t stand the thought of an even playing field.
Yea they're full of **** and that dude's tweet proves it. Otherwise when they actually have competition no one's gonna start saying "where are our bagmen?"

But you're right. And for decades everyone begging the school to play dirty pool was out of their minds. Yea it might have bought us 1 or 2 decent years, then obliteration. Sh*t, we had one rogue booster letting kids go on his f*cking boat a few times and that nearly destroyed the program. You think we would had have survived a real bagman scandal?? I swear some of those same idiots are on here now saying "ohhh this NIL thing is bad."

Remember Ray Ray Armstrong getting kicked off the team for having a dinner paid for?

Advertisement
Just a thought, if you're Cam Newton you must be really thinking you played in the wrong era. All that controversy over pidley couple hundred K with what he'd be worth today? He wouldn't even have to play the NFL. He could literally retire after winning that championship with Auburn.
How about Terrelle Pryor?? He’s gotta be like “wtf”

A reporter asking questions about Miami but listed Bama, UGA, Oregon and Ohio State as his finalists. Clearly omitted Miami.

If I don't put Miami as a finalist, maybe he will forget that is where he was going..................
Morgan Freeman Laughing GIF

Advertisement
Thanks @Rellyrell, appreciate the insight mate.
You'd be surprised how most are just avid fans and know nothing about recruiting, who's being recruited or who committed, my buddies in Athens for one. Even less about the bag game or that it even exists. Rabit Fans in One horse states like Georgia would never admit their team has been paying guys.

Advertisement
what kind of announcement? that he is playing in an all star game. I am not staying tuned for that.
Sets a date, which I think will either be tomorrow or Sunday or loading up next Saturday. I could be wrong and we just fill more dead space

You'd be surprised how most are just avid fans and know nothing about recruiting, who's being recruited or who committed, my buddies in Athens for one. Even less about the bag game or that it even exists. Rabit Fans in One horse states like Georgia would never admit their team has been paying guys.
Yup the ones who buy the integrity bullsh!t Saban and them be selling. Competitive balance and all that drivel. You give them a million bucks off your McDonald's salary and they say you know what, I don't wanna know where you got it.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back