2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until you see the true bat signal then there is no need to think something is about to happen. Clearly last night was not an announcement publicly and Dennis smith never implied there was one coming
But it absolutely sent the board into a frenzy; did what the tweet intended.

Advertisement
JMO but if his family is with him it’s coming ASAP. I thought with the bat signals being sent out that he would wait to be with his family to do it.

However long his family is in the states he will make a public decision before they leave

Advertisement
Advertisement
He had to laugh when asked how close he was to making a decision. His answer was “ next few weeks” but this amateur psychologist thinks the laugh was a tell and the decision is imminent.

"Even the playing field" !!! LMAO

Mutherfvcker thar what we are all trying to do with you!!!
They’re complaining about us with NIL. Imagine us and a couple other schools having NIL, but it’s illegal for everyone else. That’s been the UGA’s & Bama’s the past decade. They’ve gotten to the point that they’re so oblivious to the level of an advantage that they’ve had. Who’s choosing Tuscaloosa over Miami if the $ and staffs are similar? They’re just upset that other people can match their $ legally now.

Advertisement
They’re complaining about us with NIL. Imagine us and a couple other schools having NIL, but it’s illegal for everyone else. That’s been the UGA’s & Bama’s the past decade. They’ve gotten to the point that they’re so oblivious to the level of an advantage that they’ve had. Who’s choosing Tuscaloosa over Miami if the $ and staffs are similar? They’re just upset that other people can match their $ legally now.

I would venture to guess about 1/3 to half of their fans know what the deal is. The others are just completely obtuse about it. Back in the Erickson days here, those who knew the players knew that things weren't squeaky clean, to say the least. And then the rest were under some delusion that money never changed hands. As long as college sports have generated revenue, there will always be money changing hands, on the books or not. I'm frankly amazed that there haven't been more gambling scandals, especially in the age of online wagering everywhere. It's just it hasn't been caught or reported. I guarantee you dudes are still shaving points.

Advertisement
I would venture to guess about 1/3 to half of their fans know what the deal is. The others are just completely obtuse about it. Back in the Erickson days here, those who knew the players knew that things weren't squeaky clean, to say the least. And then the rest were under some delusion that money never changed hands. As long as college sports have generated revenue, there will always be money changing hands, on the books or not. I'm frankly amazed that there haven't been more gambling scandals, especially in the age of online wagering everywhere. It's just it hasn't been caught or reported. I guarantee you dudes are still shaving points.
Just a thought, if you're Cam Newton you must be really thinking you played in the wrong era. All that controversy over pidley couple hundred K with what he'd be worth today? He wouldn't even have to play the NFL. He could literally retire after winning that championship with Auburn.

I live in SEC country and have family/multiple friends that graduated from UGA. Not a single 1 thinks that UGA has been a corrupt organization that landed elite talent by dropping bags. None of them. I’ve met 1 Bama fan that acknowledged their elite bag game. Obviously every school tried to play the bag game. The difference is that not all schools had the guy enforcing the rules covering for them. LSU had 4 big stories come out about them a few summers back. 1st we saw OBJ handing out $ in front of the whole country, then the story dropped about them using the childrens hospital to funnel money to recruits, then that 3* OL admitted to accepting like $250K, then the rape cover ups. None of these things were covered by major news outlets and were buried within a day. Everyone’s seen the $ and cars recruits get at these schools. The difference is that Miami would’ve gotten the death penalty if any of those things were brought to light. It’s been a rigged game for so long and they can’t stand the thought of an even playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back