2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Alas, this is not good news on Olaus.
Still have good feeling.
No sauces, just feelings.
Disagree. Glad to see he's flying across country 2x for the last three visits in 7 days. Everything crammed together, less time to soak everything in and then battle jetlag. He and the family spent ~8 days in Miami and made an official and unofficial visit in that time span with no time crunch.

OTOH, the problem with my theory is that Cyrus Moss did the same thing the last weekend of recruiting and ended up picking the good guys after flying in on a red eye from USC.

Best ice cream I ever had was in Helsinki! Best place in the world for life & football is Miami.

Putting aside NIL for a moment, this young man's family is about to send him very, very far away for college. I hope they see every possible school they want to see. That is parents doing their due diligence as they should try to understand the differences in american universities. If they had not done as much I would question their role as competent advisors.

It means nothing. That means they are doing their due dilligence. Also the family may want to see different sides of the country since they took the month as a vacation from Finland. Why not use these free trips?

Family: "Pleeease, can we schedule one more trip that isn't to TusKKKaloosa, Athens, or Columbus? How about a colder climate near the ocean?"

Advertisement
Man, either or for me. I think JB is a good fit for us, but regardless I wouldn’t be made at either.

However, I told a poster this when discussing a possible switch; one thing Mario said recently, that I actually didn’t know, was that Miami is #3 in regards to community service. I do know one of the stipulations in the UCLA JB contract was they were allocated funds to help support their community service efforts. So that’s another incentive. Also, if we can strike a deal w/ a 15% royalty on merch sold, I think JB would be a good partner b/c I believe the Jumpman logo will sell out quickly.

Yes, plus I think you have said that Jumpman is considered to be the "premium" label within the Nike family. It's certainly more exclusive, purely from a "number of schools" standpoint.

As I pointed out, Oklahoma coming over to the SEC gives Jordan Brand 2 schools in the SEC. Houston will replace Oklahoma in the Big 12, but the "only 1 school per conference" thing will officially be over. You have powerful reasons for UNC to be affiliated with Jordan, and UM was the "original" all-apparel school for Nike, so if you were ever going to have 2 Jumpman schools in the ACC, that's a good pairing to have.

Yes, plus I think you have said that Jumpman is considered to be the "premium" label within the Nike family. It's certainly more exclusive, purely from a "number of schools" standpoint.

As I pointed out, Oklahoma coming over to the SEC gives Jordan Brand 2 schools in the SEC. Houston will replace Oklahoma in the Big 12, but the "only 1 school per conference" thing will officially be over. You have powerful reasons for UNC to be affiliated with Jordan, and UM was the "original" all-apparel school for Nike, so if you were ever going to have 2 Jumpman schools in the ACC, that's a good pairing to have.

Would UNC try to block UM since same division and conference?

Would UNC try to block UM since same division and conference?

First, the ACC is going to get rid of divisions. Non-factor.

As for conference, the conferences are getting larger. Is Jumpman always going to stick with the same 5 or 6 schools? If not, can you find some natural contrasts? Florida has the far east side of the SEC, Oklahoma the far west. North Carolina could be the mid-Atlantic smaller-town public school, Miami the far southern big-city private school. I have no idea who else would appeal, stylistically, in the Big 10, so if not boring Ped State (and let's not pretend Michigan unis aren't boring), then what about big-media-market Rutgers or Maryland (a death-blow administered to Under Armor)? And as for the Pac 12, the only one that makes sense, and isn't in Oregon's backyard, would be Colorado.

Anyhow, getting ahead of ourselves here. All I really care about is Miami.

Advertisement
First, the ACC is going to get rid of divisions. Non-factor.

As for conference, the conferences are getting larger. Is Jumpman always going to stick with the same 5 or 6 schools? If not, can you find some natural contrasts? Florida has the far east side of the SEC, Oklahoma the far west. North Carolina could be the mid-Atlantic smaller-town public school, Miami the far southern big-city private school. I have no idea who else would appeal, stylistically, in the Big 10, so if not boring Ped State (and let's not pretend Michigan unis aren't boring), then what about big-media-market Rutgers or Maryland (a death-blow administered to Under Armor)? And as for the Pac 12, the only one that makes sense, and isn't in Oregon's backyard, would be Colorado.

Anyhow, getting ahead of ourselves here. All I really care about is Miami.

Speaking of UA, Auburn fans r very upset w/ their UA deal, as the school have lost millions w/ UA. Part of the compensation was stock options & boy did those stocks tank for UA. Smh. Saw their fans complaining hoping to go back to Nike, as well. One fan said he’ll take Russell at this point. Lol.

Having a basketball player on a football jersey, in my opinion, is one of the lamest things ever. I've always hated it, but also understand it's marketing. It's a perfect example of how silly this country is at times.

Having a basketball player on a football jersey, in my opinion, is one of the lamest things ever. I've always hated it, but also understand it's marketing. It's a perfect example of how silly this country is at times.
but it’s not a basketball player, it’s Mike

Advertisement
Not sweating this one. I have zero doubt Mario's going to pull together an amazing OL class.

I know some are down on this kid and arent that impressed with him..but good god his top 5 is the elite of the elite in college football. If UGA, Bama, and OSU want you..you gotta be the goods.

The kid probably doesnt know what he wants either. Im sure that visit to Bama made things even more confusing. When he left Miami to go to Tuscaloosa it probably felt as if he had entered another dimension. Its the definition of a small town. But its Bama..so....they dont really have to sell the country town. They can sell their trophy case.

I like the natural tools this kid comes w/ (pause).

He’s a bit raw to the game of football, but he has natural intangibles you can’t coach; what u can coach is to refine his abilities to match his natural gifts. Fortunately, we have two of the very best in the business. I say u recruit him, allow him to red-shirt to get adjust to the collegiate lifestyle of the game, & by yr 2, u have urself a nice piece on the OL. He’s a hot commodity, so I’m definitely on board w/ taking him. I think he’s a heavy CB to Bama right now, but that means nothing, imo; not anymore.

Last edited:
Family: "Pleeease, can we schedule one more trip that isn't to TusKKKaloosa, Athens, or Columbus? How about a colder climate near the ocean?"
Parents saw Bama and were like **** No you must show us something else Olaus!!!

Advertisement
but it’s not a basketball player, it’s Mike

? He's known for basketball, not football. Good for him that he got a shot at baseball, but if it was anyone else, they wouldn't have gotten the opportunity. The idea that a sport, filled with greats past and present, put a legend from another sport on their uniform is absurd to me.

He's also a baseball player...

? He's known for basketball, not football. Good for him that he got a shot at baseball, but if it was anyone else, they wouldn't have gotten the opportunity. The idea that a sport, filled with greats past and present, put a legend from another sport on their uniform is absurd to me.
He isn’t a legend in the way Ray Lewis is a legend in football or Gretzky in hockey. He is bigger than life, he is Mike.

Parents saw Bama and were like **** No you must show us something else Olaus!!!

1655165960141.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back