OL Zion Nelson

Advertisement
How many years of eligibility does he have? Could he be the next Mccormick?

Advertisement
Sad 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is what I suspected. Question is, why has he not medically retired? Maybe he is trying some cutting edge stem cell treatment.
My only response as to why not medically retire is it could be a moot point. Isnt he a 4th year junior? He likely has his degree and last year I remember (believe it was D$) saying he was medically cleared for fall camp and there were a few pics of him out there. Sounded like he was going to give it a go then after a few games (again think it was D$) came back and said same source not as optimistic, wasnt a setback but just an issue.

Perhaps the plan was to try and see what could be done. I think someone else commented it was degenerative and basically it was about pain management and what he can or cannot do. Now with the season over he could just finish out this year, graduate, and no need to retire. The way Mario keeps all this ish on lock as well he could be medically retired and we wouldn't know.

This is what I suspected. Question is, why has he not medically retired? Maybe he is trying some cutting edge stem cell treatment.
You can play that way, you're just gonna pay for it down the line and it depends on pain tolerance. He's probably weighing that.

Advertisement
I'm not sure what his injury is and I hope he is able to make a return this season, but with the speculation around cartilage there is good and bad news with those type of injuries.

Good is, that there are procedures and options with both real and synthetic cartilage to be transplanted via autograph or allograft for a patient that do have good outcomes, and return to function.

The bad is, those procedures can go sideways quick for a wide variety of reasons both intra-operatively and down the road during rehab. Dependant on surgical pathway(s) taken, these procedures can be revised several times.

Worst case the kid ends up with a hemi or full knee replacement at 30ish.

Advertisement
Back