OL woes

Advertisement
Just curious, do the players bare any of the burden?

For losing to NC and VT with 2 weeks to prepare??? Sorry, but when you compare our roster to each of those 2 teams the problems is CLEARLY coaching.

And like I've said many times, I'm more worred about the MACRO issue at play here. At this point weekly results don't even matter cause we're not going to get to where we want to go with the current organizational structure. An incompetent administration is going to continue to hire underqualified coaches. Underqualfied coaches are going to continue losing games we should win.

I'm all about stopping that cycle. That's all any Canes fan should be worried about right now because the by product of what it's going to impact is current and future recruiting which will just make the next coaches job more difficult.

Last edited:
For losing to NC and UNC with 2 weeks to prepare??? Sorry, but when you compare our roster to each of those 2 teams the problems is CLEARLY coaching.

And like I've said many times, I'm more worred about the MACRO issue at play here. At this point weekly results don't even matter cause we're not going to get to where we want to go with the current organizational structure. An incompetent administration is going to continue to hire underqualified coaches. Underqualfied coaches are going to continue losing games we should win.

I'm all about stopping that cycle. That's all any Canes fan should be worried about right now because the by product of what it's going to impact is current and future recruiting which will just make the next coaches job more difficult.

You mean VT & UNC? I will not argue that there is a culture (losing is acceptable) developing. It can be heard from both the coaches & the players own mouths. While you take a macro perspective, I still hold the players accountable for things they can control.

You mean VT & UNC? I will not argue that there is a culture (losing is acceptable) developing. It can be heard from both the coaches & the players own mouths. While you take a macro perspective, I still hold the players accountable for things they can control.

Then you HAVE to hold the coaching staff accountable for losing games against 2 opponents, with a bye week to prepare, with a better roster than those 2 respective opponents.

Bottom line. We have an unqualified coaching staff that was hired by an unqualified administration. NOTHING else matters right now...those two things take precedent over EVERYTHING and must change if this program has any hope to return to glory.

Then you HAVE to hold the coaching staff accountable for losing games against 2 opponents, with a bye week to prepare, with a better roster than those 2 respective opponents.

Bottom line. We have an unqualified coaching staff that was hired by an unqualified administration. NOTHING else matters right now...those two things take precedent over EVERYTHING and must change if this program has any hope to return to glory.

The bottom line is we are stuck with what we have (at least for this year). If we were blown out in any or all of our loses, I could see this as a sinking ship that needs to be blown up. Since we are literally 4 or 5 plays from being undefeated and we don’t have any juggernauts on our remaining schedule, I bank on 2 things.
1. We will have a chance to win every game we compete in.
2. The players need to take ownership and make more plays.
3. There will be relevant changes at years’ end

Advertisement
I will not deny that Manny was a lazy pick. However, given that Manny was the pick and the fact that Manny chose a weak staff, the fact remains, we should be undefeated. Let’s consider that we make a 4th & 17 stop at UNC. Not spot UF points on mis-tackles and and actually make a key FG. Not spot VT 20 plus points and actually make a stop when it mattered. Let’s not talk about OL play. The AD’s choice of Manny as HC could ultimately prove to be a bad hire but it isn’t relevant to the fact that we have been in position to win every game we played this year. There is absolutely no refuting that.
Lets also pretend that we are pretty princess unicorns running through the meadows of Lollyland where we all get free candy. When you hire a sh*t coach, you get sh*t results.

Once again, your concern for the overall program regarding the AD and Admin may be legit. But make no mistake, they have no direct relevance to the fact that if our team makes 4 or 5 plays, we would be 5-0 or at least 4-1. If that were the case, you wouldn’t be worried about the AD & Admin.

Yes...because it would be a 5-0 or 4-1 build on false hope. We would still be as bad as we are and just waiting to be exposed.
My issue is not exactly the record its HOW we gave played and the lack of improvement/development.

The bottom line is we are stuck with what we have (at least for this year). If we were blown out in any or all of our loses, I could see this as a sinking ship that needs to be blown up. Since we are literally 4 or 5 plays from being undefeated and we don’t have any juggernauts on our remaining schedule, I bank on 2 things.

"3. There will be relevant changes at years’ end"

You dont know that.

Yes...because it would be a 5-0 or 4-1 build on false hope. We would still be as bad as we are and just waiting to be exposed.
My issue is not exactly the record its HOW we gave played and the lack of improvement/development.

I agree with you on that. I pointed out lots negatives during our 10 win season under Richt. We know how that turned out.

Advertisement
Embrace the suck boys. Y'all realize Manny will be given 3 years. Right, wrong, or indifferent. I mean 2-10 this year and 0-12 next year might get him sacked after 2. But who will Flake hire as HC? Enos? Banda? Baker? We need people way above AD that demand a good/great football program. Ain't happening anytime soon

Advertisement

Only thing I agree with above is that we are stuck with what we have.

And what we are stuck with is the worst administration and coaching staff in the country.

It is meaningless to be 4 or 5 plays away from wins against poor teams. Does it really,matter if they lose 4 more close games to bad teams.

The coaches prepare the players. If the coaching is incompetent then what are the players suppose to do. The players are suppose to be prepared and they are not. They should understand the plays they are running and don't. The players run the plays called by the coaches...calls that are awful and places players in bad positions.

A good coach gets players to perform bad ones don't. Literally doesn't matter what these players are doing.

Blaming players is pointless. Put them all on a top 10 team and they would all excel.

It is meaningless to be 4 or 5 plays away from wins against poor teams. Does it really,matter if they lose 4 more close games to bad teams.

The coaches prepare the players. If the coaching is incompetent then what are the players suppose to do. The players are suppose to be prepared and they are not. They should understand the plays they are running and don't. The players run the plays called by the coaches...calls that are awful and places players in bad positions.

A good coach gets players to perform bad ones don't. Literally doesn't matter what these players are doing.

Blaming players is pointless. Put them all on a top 10 team and they would all excel.

LoL to your point that it doesn’t matter what the players do. So you are saying that all good teams have good coaching? Can there be a good team with bad coaching? Can there be a bad team with good coaching? Can a good team have good players and bad coaching? I for one believe you can have a good team in spite of bad coaching. A team with players who want to win go out and make plays. I am all about holding players accountable to make plays. Coaches plan and prepare but the players have to execute and make plays.

Advertisement
LoL to your point that it doesn’t matter what the players do. So you are saying that all good teams have good coaching? Can there be a good team with bad coaching? Can there be a bad team with good coaching? Can a good team have good players and bad coaching? I for one believe you can have a good team in spite of bad coaching. A team with players who want to win go out and make plays. I am all about holding players accountable to make plays. Coaches plan and prepare but the players have to execute and make plays.

And, well, you would be wrong.

Players don't coach themselves. Executing is on the coach. Do you know why some teams execute better than others? Why do the better coaches have teams that execute better? It is not because they just have better executing players. The coaching is what gets 11 players to execute as one. Do you know how they do that?

Whenever I see a comment like this it just highlights that people have no idea what coaches do. They have no idea what is necessary for a coach to get 11 players to act as one. You watch a game, see a player make a mistake or drop a pass and you think the loss happen because of X player or X plays during the game.

It is a very superficial way of viewing the game and demonstrates one's failure to fully understand the entire picture.

But I understand. Most people who do not see practices or experience the teaching moments on and off field just don't understand. Most fans just watch the games and don't get.

Evaluation and coaching turnover. Each OL coach has recruited differently and most have digressed upon arrival.

Your suggesting the easy way to look at it and it’s a hypothetical.
I would consider the reality that if the players we have make the plays I suggested, we would have been successful in those situations. I am all about personal accountability.

yours is also hypothetical and the easy way to look at it. You assume we should have played better but the our opponents would have played the same. uf made just as many stupid mistakes as we did, if Not more, to give us a chance to win that game. You’re also assuming the games should have come down to those teams instead of just being able to beat lesser talented teams, and not lose to 14 pt dogs at home after a bye

Advertisement
Back