OL woes

Fvck Donaldson. He obviously doesn't give a sh-t as he is Butterbean fat and hasn't improved a lick; in fact, he has regressed every single year. He literally got tossed to the side by an LB on saturday. THIS is the best o-line recruit we've landed in ages?!? Jesus christ.

Advertisement
Fvck Donaldson. He obviously doesn't give a sh-t as he is Butterbean fat and hasn't improved a lick; in fact, he has regressed every single year. He literally got tossed to the side by an LB on saturday. THIS is the best o-line recruit we've landed in ages?!? Jesus christ.

People don't realize the byproduct that comes to fruition when you're program is organized the way ours is.

When you have THE worst administration in the country, they continue to make bad coaching hires. Those bad coaching hires CONTINUE to lose games they should win. Recruits, and more importantly their parents, see those continued losses.....and they see those poor coaching staffs that won't last all 3 or 4 years their kids are going to be at school......and then they factor in that the school itself has shown zero propensity to turn the ship around.

You factor all those things in, and THAT'S why our O-line sucks. As a matter of fact, you can substitute "O Line" with every position on the roster and just throw in my previous paragraph and all the explanation you need is right there.

You guys need to stop worrying about O lines, QB's, secondary play, and every other position unit at this point. None of those things matter. We need to bring all worlds of uncomfortable heat at the ADMINISTRATION. They are the disease behind all these symptoms.

People don't realize the byproduct that comes to fruition when you're program is organized the way ours is.

When you have THE worst administration in the country, they continue to make bad coaching hires. Those bad coaching hires CONTINUE to lose games they should win. Recruits, and more importantly their parents, see those continued losses.....and they see those poor coaching staffs that won't last all 3 or 4 years their kids are going to be at school......and then they factor in that the school itself has shown zero propensity to turn the ship around.

You factor all those things in, and THAT'S why our O-line sucks. As a matter of fact, you can substitute "O Line" with every position on the roster and just throw in my previous paragraph and all the explanation you need is right there.

You guys need to stop worrying about O lines, QB's, secondary play, and every other position unit at this point. None of those things matter. We need to bring all worlds of uncomfortable heat at the ADMINISTRATION. They are the disease behind all these symptoms.
Sure, agree. But none of that excuses Donaldson from being way too fat, regressing every year and being a downright liability in his 3rd or 4th season. Yes, bad coaching is impacting everyone, including him I'm sure. But I'm tired of all the excuse making as well. Donaldson DESERVES some of the blame for becoming a fat slob and a terrible lineman. It seems everyone else on the team has really made great strides under Feeley; everyone but Donaldson. That's on him, not the AD.

Sure, agree. But none of that excuses Donaldson from being way too fat, regressing every year and being a downright liability in his 3rd or 4th season. Yes, bad coaching is impacting everyone, including him I'm sure. But I'm tired of all the excuse making as well. Donaldson DESERVES some of the blame for becoming a fat slob and a terrible lineman. It seems everyone else on the team has really made great strides under Feeley; everyone but Donaldson. That's on him, not the AD.

I hear you, but again that points back to coaching and leadership. A better coaching staff would have won more games, garnered more quality depth around Donaldson, and thus could have afforded to bench him. That benching along with better coaching might have motivated him and he might have improved more to this point.

So yeah...it all comes back to what I said above. This vicious cycle and it's impact is PERVASIVE throughout every level of this program. Donaldson is just another example/byproduct of this ****** system/culture.

Advertisement
I hear you, but again that points back to coaching and leadership. A better coaching staff would have won more games, garnered more quality depth around Donaldson, and thus could have afforded to bench him. That benching along with better coaching might have motivated him and he might have improved more to this point.

So yeah...it all comes back to what I said above. This vicious cycle and it's impact is PERVASIVE throughout every level of this program. Donaldson is just another example/byproduct of this ****** system/culture.
Agree. But once again, your post has skirted away from any responsibility on Donaldson's shoulders whatsoever. Both are factors.

Put in the scrub back ups, you just can’t allow this

Attachments

• FB0838AB-AF7F-4047-AE41-AAAE056054BC.jpeg
    FB0838AB-AF7F-4047-AE41-AAAE056054BC.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 8
Agree. But once again, your post has skirted away from any responsibility on Donaldson's shoulders whatsoever. Both are factors.

It doesn't skirt anywhere. Point is given alot of these kids backgrounds MANY of them slack off. The ones at better schools with better coaching provide a better support system and get the best out of these kids.

Is the kid responsible for his own demise? Of course...but make no mistake we didn't do much to help the situation either.

It doesn't skirt anywhere. Point is given alot of these kids backgrounds MANY of them slack off. The ones at better schools with better coaching provide a better support system and get the best out of these kids.

Is the kid responsible for his own demise? Of course...but make no mistake we didn't do much to help the situation either.
When a kid is lacking in technique, you blame the coaches. When a kid is fat and out of shape (especially when seemingly everyone else is really thriving under the new S&C coach) that blame falls on the kid himself.

Advertisement
When a kid is lacking in technique, you blame the coaches. When a kid is fat and out of shape (especially when seemingly everyone else is really thriving under the new S&C coach) that blame falls on the kid himself.

That's where we disagree. When a parent trusts a staff with their kid it's implied they'll get the best out of him and make a man out of him.

We forget, these are kids. Think about how you were at 17. I was an ******* and had no direction. That's the difference between being a pro coach and an NFL coach, there is certain level or responsibility beyond just on field technique that the better coaches accomplish.

If YOU had a 16-17 year old son that was a top football prospect would YOU send YOUR son to this administration? To this staff? There isn't a bigger Canes fan on the planet than myself but there's no way I could send my son to this program with a clear conscience.

That's where we disagree. When a parent trusts a staff with their kid it's implied they'll get the best out of him and make a man out of him.

We forget, these are kids. Think about how you were at 17. I was an ******* and had no direction. That's the difference between being a pro coach and an NFL coach, there is certain level or responsibility beyond just on field technique that the better coaches accomplish.

If YOU had a 16-17 year old son that was a top football prospect would YOU send YOUR son to this administration? To this staff? There isn't a bigger Canes fan on the planet than myself but there's no way I could send my son to this program with a clear conscience.
Jeez, man, you seem right up The Victim Culture alley. Yes, I've agreed with you 100x that there are massive foundational issues at Miami and that negatively impacts all players. But, also for the 100th time, Donaldson is the person responsible for Donaldson being an out of shape fat slob.

Jeez, man, you seem right up The Victim Culture alley. Yes, I've agreed with you 100x that there are massive foundational issues at Miami and that negatively impacts all players. But, also for the 100th time, Donaldson is the person responsible for Donaldson being an out of shape fat slob.

Not at all, I just think we've been surrounded by such absolutely pathetic coaching staffs for so long...that we forgot what a good one looks like and the byproduct impact it has on the program and culture as a whole. A lot of these problems we are discussion are pervasive in bad programs and organizations.....in every sport at every level.

Not at all, I just think we've been surrounded by such absolutely pathetic coaching staffs for so long...that we forgot what a good one looks like and the byproduct impact it has on the program and culture as a whole. A lot of these problems we are discussion are pervasive in bad programs and organizations.....in every sport at every level.
Agree. But what does any of that have to do with the fact almost all of our roster has seemingly transformed their physiques under feeley in less than a year's time, meanwhile Donaldson looks fatter and more out of shape than ever? The fact our admin sucks and we have been a mediocre football program for 15 years now, excuses Donaldson from that even though everyone else seems to be busting their a-s on conditioning and thriving? I don't get your logic on that at all. But it's all good, I'm happy to agree to disagree. I blame Donaldson. I believe in the concept of personal responsibility, not victimhood excuse making.

Advertisement
Agree. But what does any of that have to do with the fact almost all of our roster has seemingly transformed their physiques under feeley in less than a year's time, meanwhile Donaldson looks fatter and more out of shape than ever? The fact our admin sucks and we have been a mediocre football program for 15 years now, excuses Donaldson from that even though everyone else seems to be busting their a-s on conditioning and thriving? I don't get your logic on that at all. But it's all good, I'm happy to agree to disagree. I blame Donaldson. I believe in the concept of personal responsibility, not victimhood excuse making.

A lot. Every kid is different. It doesn't make the kid any less of a lazy ****. My argument is simply that a REAL program with a REAL coaching staff would have had a better chance of extracting more out of a kid like Donaldson than the ******** we have in place.

Donaldson was replaced in the starting lineup for the GT game last year. It's safe to say we miss Mahoney and Boulware.

A lot. Every kid is different. It doesn't make the kid any less of a lazy ****. My argument is simply that a REAL program with a REAL coaching staff would have had a better chance of extracting more out of a kid like Donaldson than the ******** we have in place.
I agree with that statement for sure.

Advertisement
And, well, you would be wrong.

Players don't coach themselves. Executing is on the coach. Do you know why some teams execute better than others? Why do the better coaches have teams that execute better? It is not because they just have better executing players. The coaching is what gets 11 players to execute as one. Do you know how they do that?

Whenever I see a comment like this it just highlights that people have no idea what coaches do. They have no idea what is necessary for a coach to get 11 players to act as one. You watch a game, see a player make a mistake or drop a pass and you think the loss happen because of X player or X plays during the game.

It is a very superficial way of viewing the game and demonstrates one's failure to fully understand the entire picture.

But I understand. Most people who do not see practices or experience the teaching moments on and off field just don't understand. Most fans just watch the games and don't get.

You lost me when you said execution is on the coaches. The definition of execute (relevant to football) is to carry out
And, well, you would be wrong.

Players don't coach themselves. Executing is on the coach. Do you know why some teams execute better than others? Why do the better coaches have teams that execute better? It is not because they just have better executing players. The coaching is what gets 11 players to execute as one. Do you know how they do that?

Whenever I see a comment like this it just highlights that people have no idea what coaches do. They have no idea what is necessary for a coach to get 11 players to act as one. You watch a game, see a player make a mistake or drop a pass and you think the loss happen because of X player or X plays during the game.

It is a very superficial way of viewing the game and demonstrates one's failure to fully understand the entire picture.

But I understand. Most people who do not see practices or experience the teaching moments on and off field just don't understand. Most fans just watch the games and don't get.

You lost me when you said execution is on the coaches. The definition of execute (relevant to football) is to carry out or put into effect (a plan). The players are responsible for “carrying out” or “putting into effect” a coaches game plan. Your are right that the coaches coach the player, but the player has to take in what they are coached to do and “execute”. Blaming the coaches for poor execution of their game plan or play is misplaced. You can blame the coach for poor game planning and preparation. You can even blame the coach if the poor execution of the play they called is due to poor planning. But you can’t blame the coach if the player executed poorly due his or her inability to apply what they have learned and fail to put it into action. Examples.

1. A kicker misses a feel goal to poor execution on the snap or kick. That is on the player.
2. A blown coverage in which a player is fooled or mis-reads his/her keys. That is on the player.
3. A mis-tackle in which the tackler fails to drop his/her shoulder or launches him/herself. That is on the player.

We are losing because the coaches aren’t preparing the players well and the players are not executing. We need to place blame where it belongs.

Pretty sure we could pluck 2 security guards and 3 lunch ladies from nearby Norland and field a better OL.

You lost me when you said execution is on the coaches. The definition of execute (relevant to football) is to carry out

You lost me when you said execution is on the coaches. The definition of execute (relevant to football) is to carry out or put into effect (a plan). The players are responsible for “carrying out” or “putting into effect” a coaches game plan. Your are right that the coaches coach the player, but the player has to take in what they are coached to do and “execute”. Blaming the coaches for poor execution of their game plan or play is misplaced. You can blame the coach for poor game planning and preparation. You can even blame the coach if the poor execution of the play they called is due to poor planning. But you can’t blame the coach if the player executed poorly due his or her inability to apply what they have learned and fail to put it into action. Examples.

1. A kicker misses a feel goal to poor execution on the snap or kick. That is on the player.
2. A blown coverage in which a player is fooled or mis-reads his/her keys. That is on the player.
3. A mis-tackle in which the tackler fails to drop his/her shoulder or launches him/herself. That is on the player.

We are losing because the coaches aren’t preparing the players well and the players are not executing. We need to place blame where it belongs.

Ask yourself this.

How do you get good execution? do you just get the best talent available, send them out there and say execute? Do you just show them the play on a whiteboard and then say go run it?

Why did the kicker have poor execution in your example? is it something that can be fixed?
Why was the coverage blown? why did he blow it this time and not the others?
What do coaches do to get their team to tackle better?

The answer is the same for all.

And the answer is what makes one team better at executing. Execution in not about talent. Good teams and good players can execute poorly. The coach can completely control how well the team executes.

Ask yourself this.

How do you get good execution? do you just get the best talent available, send them out there and say execute? Do you just show them the play on a whiteboard and then say go run it?

Why did the kicker have poor execution in your example? is it something that can be fixed?
Why was the coverage blown? why did he blow it this time and not the others?
What do coaches do to get their team to tackle better?

The answer is the same for all.

And the answer is what makes one team better at executing. Execution in not about talent. Good teams and good players can execute poorly. The coach can completely control how well the team executes.

Of course a coach can help a player execute better. But it is up to the player to execute. I agree with you that good teams and good players can execute poorly. We are just not good enough to overcome our poor execution. That is where good coach is valuable. He can help figure out why the execution was poor. He can’t however completely control how well the team executes. There are way too many variables that dictate that. I will give you one example. A coach from Buffalo University, has very little control over his players’ ability to execute if they play Alabama. Why, because there is a variable difference in talent across the board which makes it difficult for UB players to execute. The other variable is if Bama takes UB serious enough to execute.

Advertisement
Back