OL Rotation

Mklein13

All American
Obviously thinking way ahead here but if Williams and Walker both come here this could be our OL rotation. First off, we all know Zion and Clark need a redshirt. If Clark is ready tho you play him. Also, Donaldson is probably 423 lbs and is recovering from a major knee injury so redshirting him isn’t out of the question either to get his knee right and lose a ton of weight.

I’m thinking Williams, Walker, Campbell, and hopefully an improved Herbert at T. Then Scaife, Traore, Rivers, and maybe Reed at G and Gaynor at C. Also, Campbell, Scaife, and Rivers could both play inside and out so it’s nice to have that versatility.

Advertisement
Obviously thinking way ahead here but if Williams and Walker both come here this could be our OL rotation. First off, we all know Zion and Clark need a redshirt. If Clark is ready tho you play him. Also, Donaldson is probably 423 lbs and is recovering from a major knee injury so redshirting him isn’t out of the question either to get his knee right and lose a ton of weight.

I’m thinking Williams, Walker, Campbell, and hopefully an improved Herbert at T. Then Scaife, Traore, Rivers, and maybe Reed at G and Gaynor at C. Also, Campbell, Scaife, and Rivers could both play inside and out so it’s nice to have that versatility.

I fully support keeping Z Nelson as far away from the playing field as possible. It's mercy to spare him further humiliation.

@Fawk_U Haters

Because Miami does not have a best five Clemson Georgia Bama Ohio st did not rotate their O line last year
Even Miami doesn’t “rotate” linemen on offense like they do on defense. They’re not running in a reserve tackle or guard every series.

Advertisement
Was really curious to see what they did with the OL in Spring. Unless the offense really hides Tackles well, it’s hard to imagine there’s a better Tackle contributor on the current team than Scaife. Said that last year before the season and got the ol’ ‘coaches know best’ messages...until we got destroyed by UF.

Weirdly, I give Lashlee’s crew a world more leeway because of what they run. Would be shocked if any of our Tackles block a single PA 7-step drop this season. We did so like 5 times in the first game last season. So if they toss Campbell out there and ask him to chip and move his *** or get DEs on the ground with chops, I better understand. Still think he can be a pretty solid LG, though. Wouldn’t be mad at a line of LT Scaife, LG Campbell, C Gaynor, RG Rivers/Traore, RT Williams.

Was really curious to see what they did with the OL in Spring. Unless the offense really hides Tackles well, it’s hard to imagine there’s a better Tackle contributor on the current team than Scaife. Said that last year before the season and got the ol’ ‘coaches know best’ messages...until we got destroyed by UF.

Weirdly, I give Lashlee’s crew a world more leeway because of what they run. Would be shocked if any of our Tackles block a single PA 7-step drop this season. We did so like 5 times in the first game last season. So if they toss Campbell out there and ask him to chip and move his *** or get DEs on the ground with chops, I better understand. Still think he can be a pretty solid LG, though. Wouldn’t be mad at a line of LT Scaife, LG Campbell, C Gaynor, RG Rivers/Traore, RT Williams.

Very unfortunate that Spring was cancelled. OL is the weakest group on the team and therefore the group that needed the most work and evaluation. Richt and Searles wanted to recruit big, and in many cases fat and slow motor graders. From film, it would appear the the LashleeI Offense expects better movement and conditioning from its OL. So in many ways, throw out the old depth chart and start a fresh.

First off, let's not consider Williams or Walker until they are actually on campus and cleared as eligible. They could both start if that happens but,,,,,

IMO, Scaife is the only sure starter, whether at OG, OT or even C? NFL potential wise he is an OG and it would be nice to play him there. However if two OT's don't emerge, then he might need to play there again. So onto OT. Many on this board are down on Nelson and Campbell because they were forced to play before they were ready and were not a Fralic, Munoz, Mosebar, Boselli, Pace freak of nature that were ready to play as a true freshman. Not saying either is a Rd ! talent, but they should both be better from their experience. And having D'Eriq King as QB will make every OL a little better pass blocker. Herbert, Hillary and El Gammall are are still young and wildcards. Would not count on any of them but they could surprise. I put the highest hope on El Gammall. Cincinatti wanted him badly and UC over the past years has proven to be able to find diamond in the rough OL.

I see Gaynor as keeping his job at Center. He is not physically great, but is tough, smart and has game experience. With a new offense, a smart OC is a need. Can see UM wanting to Redshirt Clarke to be the Center when Gaynor leaves, but may not have that luxury. Or he may prove to be one of the best OG. UM NEED'S to win in 2020 so I can see Clarke playing kind of a 6th man role.

Now to OG. Have already said it would be great if Scaife could play OG. Donaldson is a mystery. He is a naturally huge man, that has NFL potential. However his strength training, weigth, conditioning and dedication to being great have always been subject. If he shows up at 350 lbs+ in the fall, tell him he can redshirt or declare in August for the draft. He could not keep up with the slow pacced Richt and Enos offenses. No way he will keep up in Lashlee's offense. Even if he comes in at 350 lbs, I see the need for someone, Traore, Rivers, Reed, etc. to be able to take 20 snaps a game.? from Donaldson.

But to repeat, the issue is how do current OL on campus fit into the Lashlee offense? That will be a major determinent of UM's 2020 success. or not.
?
[/QUOTE]

Advertisement
The players that started every practice in spring were Campbell-LT, Gaynor-C and Scaife-RG. Traore is the leader and starter at LG but they clearly put Rivers there to push him. Herbert and Zion are battling at RT. Clark is backup C.

I expect that to be the OL barring injuries or a grad transfer.

The players that started every practice in spring were Campbell-LT, Gaynor-C and Scaife-RG. Traore is the leader and starter at LG but they clearly put Rivers there to push him. Herbert and Zion are battling at RT. Clark is backup C.

I expect that to be the OL barring injuries or a grad transfer.
What are your thoughts on Donaldson? Redshirt him? Bench him until he gets down to a respectable weight?

Advertisement
Give me Zion over Herbert any day of the week. If we get Williams I'm all for trying to RS Zion though.

The OL will be improved this year. By alot.

Advertisement
Actual photograph of the Miami Hurricanes OL:

See the source image

Williams and Walker would be huge. Even getting one of them is solid. Zion for sure should redshirt if we get a transfer.
Walker for depth next year sure if he's eligible. Not for starting. Can't continue to open the season with starting true freshmen and expect to win big.

Advertisement
Back