OL Nino Francavilla commits to Miami

View as article
OL is all about traits and size idc about *s. This kid is smart and does have the size and weight for center idk about movement didn’t watch the tape
O-Line is so unspeakably technical, this gets lost so easily.

The gap between HS performance and college performance and college performance and NFL performance is insane. The speed gets massively faster, the players you face gets much stronger and at some point, you have to study your matchup daily, because every bad step has horrific consequences.

Advertisement
So many people here are missing the point. Those of us that are “b*tching” or “complaining” aren’t doing that because we think this kid is trash. Or because we don’t see a need at center.

We’re doing it because this class is so far off from where we expected to be that this recruit symbolizes the failures thus far.

This was not our #1 pick at center. We whiffed on multiple centers prior to him. This pattern extends to multiple other positions as well. QB. DT. CB. WR (kind of). TE. And OL which is the last position group you’d expect us to struggle with.

This class is largely comprised of backup plans and evals. We may look back at this class in a few years and say “**** Mario, Zo, and company are Butch-esque on their evals” but for right now, this has been a very sobering experience.

O-Line is so unspeakably technical, this gets lost so easily.

The gap between HS performance and college performance and college performance and NFL performance is insane. The speed gets massively faster, the players you face gets much stronger and at some point, you have to study your matchup daily, because every bad step has horrific consequences.
My best friend is a Highsxhool coach at a PG school and he recruited Nico but couldn’t pull him he loves his game thinks he’s a great pick up for the Canes

IMG_1460.gif

Advertisement
Or what bro? If the kid was transferring from the portal from any of the same schools that were offering after playing like a 4 or 5 star the board would be going nuts. Need to stop trashing the kids!
I’m not commenting one way or the other about the kid, but this comment is retarded.

You added a fact that does not exist. He is not transferring and we may never see him transfer. You might as well say “if he were a 5 star you would love him.”

Dumb.

Advertisement
I’m not commenting one way or the other about the kid, but this comment is retarded.

You added a fact that does not exist. He is not transferring and we may never see him transfer. You might as well say “if he were a 5 star you would love him.”

Dumb.
yeah I mean what if he was already the starting center for the Dallas cowboys and decided to transfer in, wouldn’t be doubting the take then would you!?

Advertisement
As much as I get chasing the big names at the O-Line, I don't really want to remind people about the ratings that Wisconsin and Iowa have for most of their O-Line recruits.

People would get really ****ed at me. I mean, there is no point in saying that Tyler Biadasz was a three-star Strongside-DE coming out of HS and is now a Pro Bowl C for the Cowboys.

There is another way of recruiting O-Line contrary to the popular way. Wisconsin loves to take undersized recruits with good movement skills (whats up, Zion), redshirts them for one season to make them just lift heavy *** weight and eat Bison and then, by year 3, they pancake guys making way for Jonathan Taylor.

I have absolutely no basis to **** on O-Line-recruiting and evals when Mirabal and Cristobal are the ones doing it.

I think Cristobal and Mirabal are on record saying they don’t like to take undersized guys all the time to put weight on them.

What they look for is size, movement skills, and aggression. But so does every other program on the planet.

Like you, I like the way Wisconsin does it (Frame, Movement, Aggression). The only reason it works for them is because they’ve been doing it this way for 15yrs (started with Alvarez). Miami, on the other hand, has flipped flopped between strategies with every coaching change and OL coach that’s rolled thru here.

Advertisement
Georgia has taken 3 OLineman ranked outside the top 600 (final ranking) between 2022 and 2023 recruiting class. They currently have an OT (not center, who are usually ranked lower) ranked outside the top 1000....behind Plazz and Minaya.

Alabama has 2 3☆'s committed as we speak.

Yall should really look at the playoff teams and how many of them are taking more than one 3* offensive lineman.

Georgia has taken 3 OLineman ranked outside the top 600 (final ranking) between 2022 and 2023 recruiting class. They currently have an OT (not center, who are usually ranked lower) ranked outside the top 1000....behind Plazz and Minaya.

Yall should really look at the playoff teams and how many of them are taking more than one 3* offensive lineman.
Bama/UGA 1* > everyone else's 5*SupahPlus.

Don't you know that?

Mario is getting paid $80M to reel in whales, not projects and feel good story

If he's anything like the other reaches and projects and sleepers Miami takes from year to year... who knows maybe miami has found their next ed reed/Santana Moss diamond in the rough that everyone brings up anytime miami reaches on a prospect but I doubt it. And again, I'm totally fine with taking 2 or 3 every year but not 8-10. So far the class has too many reaches for a team with hopes of getting back to the top of college fball. Especially when a coach is getting paid to be an elite recruiter

Bama 2023 class had like 2-4 total 3 stars depending on the recruiting site you look at. They also signed like 4-5 5 stars and the rest 4 stars and they routinely do that every year. The top programs depth charts are littered with 4 and 5 stars across the board. Don't know why so many ppl on here think Miami can win with average classes. Look at the product on the field the last 20 yrs. Miami of all teams needs the elite of the elite to even have a shot bc they **** sure haven't been coaching too many people up or elevating these underrated guys year to year

Advertisement
Back