OL Grad Transfer Offer

I've got no issue with the offer, we absoluetly need a veteran Tackle. The problem is the fact that we'll be in year 4 & still need a veteran tackle, because Corch Seashells can't develop our OL's worth a sh*t.

Under a different OL coach a kid like this could be a good addition, but with Seashells there's zero expectation he can coach up a FCS OT to be a contributor for us.

He's looks like he needs to add a few pounds & doesn't appear to have the natural power to push ACC caliber DL's up front. On the upside, he has quick feet & good athleticism to get up the field into the 2nd level. But if he's being brought in with the expectation to start he's going to struggle.

Butler was tied for 22nd in FCS football for sacks allowed with 14 total, I'd like to know how many of those we're on Tom Kennedy. Maybe if he comes here he'll play well, but if he did transfer to Miami I'm skeptical he'll be able to deal with ACC D-lineman on a consistent basis.

But again the problem isn't this kid as a player, the problem is our OL coach & why we continually need stop gap players every year at crucial positions.

Advertisement
Quick question: before 2015, how many DIII lineman were in the league? How many from Hobart? How many DIII players?

If he can play he can play, but … Searels … after 3 years in Miami … can’t coach the kids he inherited … still can’t develop the kids he signed … and can’t sign kids to develop.

What are you trying to say with your questions? I agree with you about Searels.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If anyone can give me the moniker of all the teams that have offered him, then he's a take. This offer is not a good look. There are a ton of OLinemen out there who are not 4 stars, that would love to play at Miami. We saw many who kicked our butts just this year. Our problem is an archaic Offense and incapable OL coach.
The only one I know is Moniker Lewinsky. Probably doesn't count.

It just show you how big of a fall we have had as a program. How bad our coaching is and even worse how there is just no introspection from corch MR. There is no hope. But look at tge offeres Rice is a great academic school as it’s UV, Duke, GT and BC and we are a step behind in academics and sports. Just what the school wanted.

You know, when Art Kehoe pulled this crap, he got a pass because project guys occasionally worked out for him. xD

Good post. And all you and others have said about him as an athlete is true, but to my untrained eyes, he actually looks better coached than our guys.

I've got no issue with the offer, we absoluetly need a veteran Tackle. The problem is the fact that we'll be in year 4 & still need a veteran tackle, because Corch Seashells can't develop our OL's worth a sh*t.

Under a different OL coach a kid like this could be a good addition, but with Seashells there's zero expectation he can coach up a FCS OT to be a contributor for us.

He's looks like he needs to add a few pounds & doesn't appear to have the natural power to push ACC caliber DL's up front. On the upside, he has quick feet & good athleticism to get up the field into the 2nd level. But if he's being brought in with the expectation to start he's going to struggle.

Butler was tied for 22nd in FCS football for sacks allowed with 14 total, I'd like to know how many of those we're on Tom Kennedy. Maybe if he comes here he'll play well, but if he did transfer to Miami I'm skeptical he'll be able to deal with ACC D-lineman on a consistent basis.

But again the problem isn't this kid as a player, the problem is our OL coach & why we continually need stop gap players every year at crucial positions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jesus!! Al Golden put a curse on Richt and this program. Same **** different day.

Advertisement
Which is what I'm expecting from this OL. I'm not thinking he's our savior at LT. But can he be a nice body for depth and give us solid minutes? I dont see why not

I agree. It literally does not hurt us in any way. You take the bodies and you take the experience. Like someone else said on this board, a lot of OL come from little to no name schools and do really well in the NFL. Maybe this one works out or maybe it doesn't. Either way, it brings experience and competition.

read about a former coach affiliated with this kid saying kid has no business getting a miami offer.

Advertisement
Do people really think we're in it for Bogle, Stevenson, Neal, Haselwood? Jesus.

I’ve got no issue with this. We need bodies at OL specifically tackle. Optics are bad since he’s from Butler but optics can’t get much worse around here these days.

Advertisement
Back