OL Grad Transfer Offer

Per TOS...

On Nov. 17 Butler OL Tommy Kennedy announced he would be transferring for his senior season.

It didn't take long for the Hurricanes to come calling.

UM, in need of experienced linemen and with an offensive line class that is being held together by a thread right now, sent out the offer to Kennedy today.
Kennedy started at left tackle for Butler this season.

Miami is the first major program to offer, with others on the list including Rice, Duquesne, Montana, SMU, Illinois State, Louisiana Tech, Old Dominion and Texas-San Antonio.

2C731B58-3CFB-4DD2-BA67-AB99D81E4DA6.gif

Advertisement
Who was that kid from Miami who went to a small Texas school and ended up beating out Tony Mandarich in the NFL? He later ended up a part-time starter for the Cowboys during their championship year.

Alan Veingrad.

You never know. I only wish we had a couple of years with this Kennedy kid in our S&C and to be coached up.

Have often wondered what it would like for someone to recruit these types of guys and train them to play OL. There are similarities in what they already do.
36778.jpeg

We need to find some game-ready Jucos.

We've had a good number of Juco OLs over the years, I think. Some started.

Who was that kid from Miami who went to a small Texas school and ended up beating out Tony Mandarich in the NFL? He later ended up a part-time starter for the Cowboys during their championship year.

Alan Veingrad.

You never know. I only wish we had a couple of years with this Kennedy kid in our S&C and to be coached up.

I think Alan and his brother, Steve?, played for Sunset. Remember him well.

Advertisement
It just amazes us that we're entering year 4 and have a gaping hole at LT despite bringing in Brown, Johnson, Donaldson, Scaife, Herbert, Hillery, Dykstra, Campbell. If the staff's evals have already proven to be poor, what hope should we have for some 285 lb FCS kid from Illinois?

So that's where Butler is? I thought no I've heard of them for basketball.

I think Alan and his brother, Steve?, played for Sunset. Remember him well.
Don't know about his brother. And the articles I read did say Sunset. I have no idea where that is, I haven't lived in Miami since the early '60's and Sunset didn't exist. I have not heard much about that school. Some years ago we took an OL named Candy Cerda and I think he was from Sunset.

Dummies here think we always recruited blue-chips but in reality we took a lot of duds over the years. I don't think Candy Cerda did anything at UM.

What I know about Veingrad is he was a kid I guess we thought was not UM material and ended up being starter material over supposed all-world propect Mandarich at Green Bay and part time for championship Cowboys.

The reason I read about Veingrad is because he left pro football to become a devout Orthodox ***.

Still, I've noticed over the years how many quality NFL OLs come from non-football powers, including very small schools. I think there's a lot of kids who can be developed into quality OLs; different from skill positions where kids have to have more natural ability.

Ok well how many times a year does an OL from a P5 school grad transfer? I'm aware we got one from Tenn last year, but it doesn't happen all the time. We got a grad transfer from The Citadel who did well for us. So i don't really care where the guy comes from.
What has that transfer from LSU ever done...is he even around anymore?

Advertisement
You're right. I'll keep it at <.000001%, however, for Dee Delaney.

Not that he satisfied the definition of "successful" here, but he had his moments.
We did get that big fullback from Mars Hill College...that's probably even lower than Butler. Wasn't a bad fullback.

Can’t believe people are *****ing about this. We have scholarships to offer and it’s a 1 year thing. If he contributes at all it’s better than a 2 star hidden gem that never sniffs the field and spends 4 years here... ala Bar Milo.

Sure it’s not ideal that we have to take grad transfers but it’s also not ideal that Herbert hasn’t panned out yet and had a shoulder injury and Hillery coming from the small school hasn’t picked it up yet and made an impact.

**** we took George Brown from LSU and everyone crowned him because of where he was coming from and he’s been the worst of all. Now just trashing a guy because of where he comes from. The tape looks fine
Milo was not a hidden 2 star. Was s well-known 4-star.

I assume its a 1 year deal and from my understanding we have lots of open scholly spots that won't be fully filled by the 2019 class, so why the f not? You think we are gonna get some 5* grad transfer from Bama? LOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back