OL Drills from 2024 Spring Practice

About him taking sacks? Do you have eyes? Read the stat sheet. Go watch him play. He runs out of bounds on a game deciding 4th down to take a sack. Imagine this board after that one.

He’s good, he’s not great or he would’ve gone pro. We’ll see how well his marriage to Mario works out. This line will greatly miss Lee’s communication

So you’re saying 8-4?

Advertisement
So you’re saying 8-4?
I'll say what I've said for 20y in a row "With that soft *** schedule it's 10-2 or fire everyone" but this time the schedule is record breaking soft.
Two preseason ranked teams and one, FSU, lost their entire team from '23.
Two games Mario CAN'T LOSE: GT and Duke.
I'd say FSU because you can't lose to them again, can you? Like... that's a fireable offense to start 0-3 vs. FSU?
They're not OSU good (and Norvell ain't Urban) before someone mentions Harbaugh.

I'll say what I've said for 20y in a row "With that soft *** schedule it's 10-2 or fire everyone" but this time the schedule is record breaking soft.
I'd say FSU because you can't lose to them again, can you? Like... that's a fireable offense to start 0-3 vs. FSU?
They're not OSU good (and Norvell ain't Urban) before someone mentions Harbaugh.

The OL is an 11-game winning position group.

Carpenter will be a step down, but I think the right side of the OL goes from good to All-American this year.

I didn’t see a number in your response though. 8-4?

Advertisement
Choo choo! All abord the 7-5 disappointment express!

train deal with it GIF

Advertisement
One thing to note here. There is no ball carrier in this drill so it's pretty tough for the OL to win or even look good here. All the backer has to do is pick a side and be a better athlete.

Pick a side in the game and the back will make you wrong. This drill is a progression into full pads and inside drill.

Advertisement
11th in the nation in 20+ yd completions, despite an OL that frequently gave him no time. Far from the narrative that he is just a quick throw QB with no internal clock. Your previous statement that if he were actually good he'd have gone to the NFL is odd as well. He declared for the draft, and only backed out last minute after getting a huge NIL deal worth more than most rookie contracts. Is he a first, or even 2nd rd NFL pick. Possibly not, but he is a definite draft pick when he goes. Many great college QBs don't end up as high rd NFL draft picks.
You really don’t know how footwork and reads line up for QB release timing, do you?

Also are these balls caught at 20+ or caught that go for 20+?

He’s good, not great.

Advertisement
Back