OL Alex Gall commits

View as article
Advertisement
Ohio State wanted him to go to camp and compete for an offer but he didn't want to drag his recruitment out. He plays in a great league and for a program with good pedigree.

[video=youtube;OmAT7S4OMEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OmAT7S4OMEo[/video]

He was voted the top lineman in the GCL (Great Catholic League) and first team all conference.

Mark Porter, director of ScoutingOhio.com, said Gall is one of the top offensive linemen in the 2013 class because of his consistent dominating play.

“Gall can be an effective guard or tackle in college because he has long arms and will probably top out at 6-5 when he is done growing,” Porter said. “Gall is a mauler when it comes to run blocking and will create a seam at the point of attack.”

He was voted the top lineman in the GCL (Great Catholic League) and first team all conference.

Mark Porter, director of ScoutingOhio.com, said Gall is one of the top offensive linemen in the 2013 class because of his consistent dominating play.

“Gall can be an effective guard or tackle in college because he has long arms and will probably top out at 6-5 when he is done growing,” Porter said. “Gall is a mauler when it comes to run blocking and will create a seam at the point of attack.”

Nope. Bobby Joes uncles sisters friend said he wasnt any good bro

I'd still like to see us offer Jomel Ribalta. He's the most impressive guard I've seen this year.

A little concerned that Gall didn't have more Big 10 offers. He is at a big-time school and is not under the radar. Would love to hear from Ohio folks what the deal with this kid is.

My understanding after talking to some friends who are more plugged into this stuff than me. He was looking south all along to play and wasn't really interested in the B10 unless Ohio State came calling. They thought if he was willing to wait it longer he would have had better offers from the B10 but probably was never gonna get an OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, State Penn offer

You win lineman of the year in the GCL that says something IMO

I'll say this, he came out of the same league as Luke Kuechly, Chris Borland and Greg Jones so even though it's prominent league in Ohio/Nationally people get misevaluated by the big boys in it's back yard

Advertisement
D Money,

I have talked with a few friends that are OSU fans and they said OSU does not have a need for interior lineman this year- They need tackles. if they did have a need, they would have definately offered him. I liked his film and looks like he could be a solid interior guard, but I think O-lineman are the hardest to grade out of High School.

Moeller is a great fball school in the Nati- Nothing wrong with going up to the midwest for some of lineman.

I was told that he was downright bad at the Michigan State camp this past weekend.

His tape does look solid however. I most or less agree with the majority of Courcy's last post. He's not a high end talent but he's a safe bet to contribute. He's advanced in his technique and knowledge of the game.

He looks like someone that will have a Tyler Horn type of career. Bench warmer for a few years before taking over on the interior and starting for a couple years without much fanfare but all the while being steady and dependable.

Nothing wrong with a guy like that.

The problem is that we cant wait that long. We lose a ton of kids by the end of 2013. That means we're gonna need this kid to contribute or even start in his second year, not his fourth or fifth year. Our OG depth chart in 2014 is Isidora, Hunter Wells, and Feliciano. That's it. All the kids we take this year are going to need to be good enough to play in 2014.

That's completely unrealistic to expect every kid you take to come in and start or play right away.

Whether it's unrealistic or not isnt the point. The point is that the numbers dont lie. We will be down to 3 kids at OG for 2014. That means we wont even field a legit 2 deep with the current kids - that means that the kids from 2013 and 2014 will be forced to play, maybe even start if we have injuries, whether realistic or not. Personally, i would rather have kids who are at least rs-FR and SO play bigtime minutes at OL, instead of true FR...wouldnt you? That means we need to find contributors right now, not wait till 2014.

Kid definitely looks like he could be a right tackle as well as a guard. Not LT material by any stretch though.

Advertisement
I was told that he was downright bad at the Michigan State camp this past weekend.

His tape does look solid however. I most or less agree with the majority of Courcy's last post. He's not a high end talent but he's a safe bet to contribute. He's advanced in his technique and knowledge of the game.

He looks like someone that will have a Tyler Horn type of career. Bench warmer for a few years before taking over on the interior and starting for a couple years without much fanfare but all the while being steady and dependable.

Nothing wrong with a guy like that.

The problem is that we cant wait that long. We lose a ton of kids by the end of 2013. That means we're gonna need this kid to contribute or even start in his second year, not his fourth or fifth year. Our OG depth chart in 2014 is Isidora, Hunter Wells, and Feliciano. That's it. All the kids we take this year are going to need to be good enough to play in 2014.

That's completely unrealistic to expect every kid you take to come in and start or play right away.

Whether it's unrealistic or not isnt the point. The point is that the numbers dont lie. We will be down to 3 kids at OG for 2014. That means we wont even field a legit 2 deep with the current kids - that means that the kids from 2013 and 2014 will be forced to play, maybe even start if we have injuries, whether realistic or not. Personally, i would rather have kids who are at least rs-FR and SO play bigtime minutes at OL, instead of true FR...wouldnt you? That means we need to find contributors right now, not wait till 2014.

I don't disagree with you. I simply pointing out that what you are asking simply isn't feasible considering how hard we are having to hit the OOS trail just to get solid middle tier kids like Gall.

What you are expecting is incredibly difficult to do along the OL and realistically speaking, if we would've recruited more kids like Gall the last few years, we wouldn't have had the depth issues which is what we should be trying to address. If you can get a kid or 2 within the next could years that can contribute right away then you've done well.

OL is simply a spot where kids don't jump right in and play.

D Money,

I have talked with a few friends that are OSU fans and they said OSU does not have a need for interior lineman this year- They need tackles. if they did have a need, they would have definately offered him. I liked his film and looks like he could be a solid interior guard, but I think O-lineman are the hardest to grade out of High School.

Moeller is a great fball school in the Nati- Nothing wrong with going up to the midwest for some of lineman.

You always have a need for good linemen.

To put in perspective about what kind of a program Moeller is, their defense coordinator for this year is the recently retired former director of football operations for the Bengals

He has offers from FSU, Louisville, Pitt, N. Carolina, W. Virgina among others... Why do people think he's not sought after?

Advertisement
Golden is not a star *****, he offers kids that fit his program, much like Beamer does.. I love it!

He has offers from FSU, Louisville, Pitt, N. Carolina, W. Virgina among others... Why do people think he's not sought after?

I thought the same thing. Add to that Ohio State and Wisconsin's interest in him, and clearly he's a top level o-line recruit. We aren't gonna pull Seantrel type talent from the Midwest every year. The kid has enough serious offers that he's far from a reach.

Advertisement
I like this kid. Top 10-20 interior lineman in this cycle imo. Keep in mind that HS linemen that project to the interior are rarely gonna blow you away on film. Gall's film is pretty impressive.

Here's his player page. I wrote up the scouting report about a month ago, well before he committed.

http://www.theringer.com/Football2012/Recruiting/5304?player=Alex-Gall

Both his parents went to Cincinnati and he ends up at the U, even with an offer from them? Wow.

And I can definitely vouch for what DaytonCane has posted about his high school. They have been a power up here for a long long time.

Advertisement
Back