Oklahoma offense

Hurts never lines up under center, even on the 1 yard line, with NFL caliber linemen. Consistently one of the best offenses in the country.

We put Williams under center constantly with one of the worst lines in the country. It’s clearly not working.

You still have faith in Enos?

You sure took a long, circuitous road to attack Enos. And what a deep point you made...because Oklahoma has their QB lining up in a different manner than UM's QB means Enos should be fired...or do you prefer we execute the man? It's your call.

Let's agree that instead of the constant screwball analogies to demonstrate our hate for the program, going forward we will streamline our hate by stating that every UM administrator, coach, player, cheerleader, trainer, water boy/girl and locker room attendant shall be immediately fired. And once their replacements are in place we will immediately fire them, and so on.

By the way, Bill Belichick has won 6 Super Bowls...wait for it...and Manny Diaz hasn't even won a single Super Bowl.

You still have faith in Manny?

Advertisement
Advertisement
You sure took a long, circuitous road to attack Enos. And what a deep point you made...because Oklahoma has their QB lining up in a different manner than UM's QB means Enos should be fired...or do you prefer we execute the man? It's your call.

Let's agree that instead of the constant screwball analogies to demonstrate our hate for the program, going forward we will streamline our hate by stating that every UM administrator, coach, player, cheerleader, trainer, water boy/girl and locker room attendant shall be immediately fired. And once their replacements are in place we will immediately fire them, and so on.

By the way, Bill Belichick has won 6 Super Bowls...wait for it...and Manny Diaz hasn't even won a single Super Bowl.

You still have faith in Manny?

Nope, I don’t.

For the life of me I just can't understand why teams like Oklahoma, Alabama, OSU make offense look so effortless and easy whereas our offense just plods along struggling against teams like CMU. You have guys like Hurts or Fields who appear to be plug and play. Is it all about 4 and 5 star talent? Just so frustrating to see.

Successful, competent coaches tailor a scheme around the talent they have. Thats why a BAMA throws all over the place with a talent like Tua. That's why OU seems to just plug and play players and maintain their success.

We dont use our players to their best ability. We try to peg them into situations that dont serve us or take advantage of their ability. Instead we put our guys in situations they clearly arent comfortable with and then get mad when they dont succeed. Everyone is America knows our OL is weak. UF exposed that. And we are still rrunning the same plays that got us eaten alive a month ago.

One thing I like about Manny was that he showed the ability to adjust. Hopefully he uses this bye week appropriately.

Advertisement
For the life of me I just can't understand why teams like Oklahoma, Alabama, OSU make offense look so effortless and easy whereas our offense just plods along struggling against teams like CMU. You have guys like Hurts or Fields who appear to be plug and play. Is it all about 4 and 5 star talent? Just so frustrating to see.
All about Coaching, or Lack of....We have Absolutely no creativity whatsoever....Our Off gameplan/s have been a 1st rate Sh*tshow for 15+ yrs....

Hurts never lines up under center, even on the 1 yard line, with NFL caliber linemen. Consistently one of the best offenses in the country.

We put Williams under center constantly with one of the worst lines in the country. It’s clearly not working.

You still have faith in Enos?

Williams and Hurts have entirely different skillsets. There is nothing inherently wrong with having your QB under center, or being multiple between both under center or shotgun. So the observation, or implication, that an offense is superior because of where the QB lines up doesn't hold water. There's advantages to being multiple, all upside really.

The problem is that we insist on being under center too much, and in tight formation when we aren't a credible threat in the power run game, or, capable of holding blocks on slow-developing plays. People aren't biting on the PA and the blocking is a 50/50 proposition. That's what we don't have.

What we do have is an accurate QB and athleticism at WR, TE, RB and even OL, but we keep making it hard on ourselves. If we spread teams out more, get the playmakers the ball fast and in space, we'll almost assuredly have more success, and keep QB1 alive for a few more weeks. I'll take that bet over asking a freshman LT to win ever single passing rep the entire season. I'm not saying Zion won't end up a good player here, but, he's being put in a really bad spot, where even if he's successful 4/5 times, that 1/5 is being made infinitely worse than if we manufactured easier, faster ways of getting the ball out.

Absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Is this not you?

But we don't have as many problems.

Yes, the shotgun isn't going to solve everything. It's probably not even going to make the OL even average.
But it doesn't *hurt* the OL
. Going under center and running this stupid **** Enos wants to run does nothing but make the line worse. Bunching up the formation and allowing the defense to have faster access to the QB, and make it more difficult for Williams to identify where it's coming from, does nothing to help anybody.

People that want to argue, "Yeah, but running a modern shotgun spread offense isn't going to completely solve anything" are just talking to hear themselves talk. But they aren't actually addressing a point anybody is making.

If the shot gun is not going to solve anything, aren't we making changes just to make changes? Or are we just throwing it out there is to hear ourselves talk?

Obviously changes have to be made because what we're doing isn't working but enough of this guessing. We have to deal with root causes or else it's nothing but smoke and mirrors. Teams will and have adjusted quickly. What do you think, they're all coached like UM?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back