Ok we can fire Gattis now.

Advertisement
Gattless & Poncho both gotta go.

- QB play regressed
- Run game is worse this year than it was last year, 0 rushing TD’s vs P5 opponents
- Passing game is the worst it’s been since the 1960’s
- Only have scored 8 total TD’s against P5 opponents

And we have no competitive fire or a schematic identity that we can hang our hats on.

There is no silver lining to this Offense, literally not one thing, this is statistically the worst Offense we’ve fielded in DECADES & this wasn’t an Offense that had a significant amount of turnover in the Offseason.

This cannot be excused as just “tHe pLaYeRs sUcK bRo!”, there are teams with FARRRRRRR worse players than us who have FARRRRRRR better Offenses & it didn’t take them 5+ years to figure out how to score multiple TD’s in 5 games.

It’s actually been undersold how bad our Offense is this year because there’s been a large contingency of player blaming, but aside from that, just look at the cold hard facts & the raw numbers in black & white, remove the Hurricane logo & just look at the stats for what they are, if this were any other team that was this bad in nearly every category it wouldn’t even be a debate as to whether or not the play caller needs to be fired.
100% agreement LCL! When you see game after game the same putrid offense, it can't be all the players fault. It is unquestionably, to a large part, the coaches fault. In my opinion, we need (if financially viable) to fire the OC immediately, install Ponce as Interim OC, for the rest of the season (i.e. 3 games), and then hire a competent, young, innovative OC. We have nothing to lose. The season is already a complete waste!!:mad::mad-new:

Last edited:
I was out on Gattis after game 3. Sucks that it looks like myself and so many others were right about him.

The 1st and goal at the 2 that some how ended up as a fumble at the 43 should be his staple of failure at this program.
No words for that sequence.
No words.

EDIT:
When Lou shanked that punt I turned to my gf and said, "wtf, what else can go wrong"?
Well, not too long afterward, I got the answer.
smh

Last edited:
Advertisement
1667826102343.png

Gattis has to be gone. i watched him an hour before the game and he interacted with absolutely no one. no players, no staff, no coaches. he was strutting around the field like Tony Manero walking down 86th Street in Bay Ridge (Saturday Night Fever). Weird AF. same thing during the game, no interactions except for Rooster who wanted a piece of him on the sidelines during the second half. people were giving him the business from the stands and he was hearing it.

Gattis has to be gone. i watched him an hour before the game and he interacted with absolutely no one. no players, no staff, no coaches. he was strutting around the field like Tony Manero walking down 86th Street in Bay Ridge (Saturday Night Fever). Weird AF. same thing during the game, no interactions except for Rooster who wanted a piece of him on the sidelines during the second half. people were giving him the business from the stands and he was hearing it.
I F-ing deplore him....All the Offensive players hate him...and have from Day 1....

Advertisement
another thing. Highsmith didn't go into the locker room at half time. he sat on the bench alone for a good part of halftime and then Ed Reed and other joined him. it is his job to evaluate the team and provide feedback. i am sure he vomited a few times during the game. i hope he's giving mario the business about Gattis.

Interesting. If you compile all the rumor and innuendo, it sounds as if he never truly invested into this program and rather saw it as a mere stepping stone to the next gig. Hence, no buy-in from either him or the kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Doesn't matter when it's announced.. Him leaving for another job would be best for all parties and Mario has no reason to announce a firing early. If they both know then Mario can go on searching for a new OC and Gattis can search for a new job and all the recruits can be told what's going on.

Edit: guess if it's taking too long and preventing Mario from announcing/hiring his new OC, then firing Gattis has to be done. But a lot of these coordinators don't change until after the season is over anyways.

Gattless & Poncho both gotta go.

- QB play regressed
- Run game is worse this year than it was last year, 0 rushing TD’s vs P5 opponents
- Passing game is the worst it’s been since the 1960’s
- Only have scored 8 total TD’s against P5 opponents

And we have no competitive fire or a schematic identity that we can hang our hats on.

There is no silver lining to this Offense, literally not one thing, this is statistically the worst Offense we’ve fielded in DECADES & this wasn’t an Offense that had a significant amount of turnover in the Offseason.

This cannot be excused as just “tHe pLaYeRs sUcK bRo!”, there are teams with FARRRRRRR worse players than us who have FARRRRRRR better Offenses & it didn’t take them 5+ years to figure out how to score multiple TD’s in 5 games.

It’s actually been undersold how bad our Offense is this year because there’s been a large contingency of player blaming, but aside from that, just look at the cold hard facts & the raw numbers in black & white, remove the Hurricane logo & just look at the stats for what they are, if this were any other team that was this bad in nearly every category it wouldn’t even be a debate as to whether or not the play caller needs to be fired.

How do other teams and coaches get 2star true freshman ready to play, and light up Miami defense

But Gattis and Ponce make our highly recruited QBs look like theyve never played varsity football before

Advertisement
Back