Ok. So now we have Duke. Duke. I say bust their.

The ACC coach saying Diaz is gimmicky and wants to prove to everyone he's a genius is starting to look completely true. Diaz just needs to simplify.

I think this is because he is overcompensating for never having played football before, and I have said this a number of times. He's never played the game so he wants to show everyone how smart of a coach he is.

Just simplify the **** and let the guys see what's in front of them and make plays. All these nonsense "grab bag" blitzes with no rhyme or reason, makes no sense.

Some of the things we are seeing from Diaz is Onofrio-like and it is completely maddending. And leaving the WR uncovered all day was was of the most ridiculous things I've seen schematically since Onofrio's prevent defenses against teams in goal line offense.

It is not secret that I am no fan of Diaz as a DC, but leaving the WR uncovered like that was inexcusable.

Jedd Fisch was like that too.

Advertisement
Duke will be drooling watching our game tape....and laughing that we refuse to cover the slot receiver. We honestly can't stop anything.

We stopped Toledo on 6 of 7 second half possessions.

Not counting the gift TD after the INT where they started inside our 10.

I don’t care if we win every game by one point as long as we win. We need to beat every team we lost to last year and every team we beat last year.

Yesterday showed me there is a lot of bad football being played. Clemson didn’t take over until Q4; PSU last minute win; KY gave away a win; Duke/NC was nothing; OK got chased by Baylor; TCU beat OSU; and Syracuse threatened LSU. we’re More than good enough to win all of our remaining games. **** the score. **** the spread. Just win.

Separately, I’m rooting for UGA to drop their next 8, and for Kentucky to win the East because I don’t think we compete with them for a single recruit.

Daniel Jones will be a 1st round draft choice. We will have to bring our A game to beat Duke. Diaz needs to play very aggressive and our DB's will be severely tested. GO CANES and control the game so we can keep Jones on the bench.

Advertisement
So against BC in every down the slot was open. Against Toledo and that "explosive" offense the slot was wide open every down.
Two incredibly stupid OCs and one incredibly stupid DC.
So you guys are saying it's both.
So Diaz is so stubborn that he is willing to ignore the obvious?
Haven't seen DJ Johnson or Garvin in defense nor AR in offense and barely saw a few targets to Cager who had a mismatch all day.
I feel like we've been playing vanilla on both sides cause we've had that luxury as well as the storm that
Screwed up timing conditioning etc.
I agree that a more talented offense would expose what Diaz has shown.
But I doubt we show the same defense against a squad that has legitimate 3-4 passing threats.

Agree we've been playing vanilla, but is it because we think we can win just playing vanilla, or are we too scared to get beat deep with a lack of talent in the secondary. I like the defensive play calling that gets us to 3rd down. But we need to be more aggressive in coverage on that down.

Duke will be drooling watching our game tape....and laughing that we refuse to cover the slot receiver. We honestly can't stop anything.

David Cutcliffe has been on a 15 hour *********ing binge , using our first two games as whack off material. Our only hope is he gets a severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome.

Advertisement
I think we get the secondary issues cleaned up enough so that we don't give up easy touch downs. We also need the DL to be more disruptive and move the QB off his spot. Cutcliff's offense is all about timing, get the qb to move and you can limit them.

Something that should encourage people around here who are fretting over Duke like cowards is the fact that Baylor's sorry Defense was able to get 5 sacks against Duke earlier this year.

Think about that.

If we lose this game, Richt seriously needs to come under fire. I don't want to hear this cowardly BS about Duke. There's no universe where THIS UM team should lose to THAT Duke team.

You have seriously underestimated what Golden left us. At least one more class, maybe 2 before we get to the promised land. Enjoy the ride.

So against BC in every down the slot was open. Against Toledo and that "explosive" offense the slot was wide open every down.
Haven't seen DJ Johnson or Garvin in defense nor AR in offense and barely saw a few targets to Cager who had a mismatch all day.
I feel like we've been playing vanilla on both sides cause we've had that luxury as well as the storm that
But I doubt we show the same defense against a squad that has legitimate 3-4 passing threats.

Agree we've been playing vanilla, but is it because we think we can win just playing vanilla, or are we too scared to get beat deep with a lack of talent in the secondary. I like the defensive play calling that gets us to 3rd down. But we need to be more aggressive in coverage on that down.

Right! lets give up almost 900 yards in 2 games to Bethune and Toledo so that Duke or GT doesn't know what we're doing! BOY, DUKE WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT THEM WHEN WE UNLEASH OUR DISGUISED #1 Ranked OFFENSE AND DEFENSE FRIDAY NIGHT!

- some of you on here.

Our secondary is the real problem. Duke will be a formidable challenge for this pass defense. We need to bring the offense we saw in the 2nd half yesterday to the Duke game Friday night.

Couldn't agree with this more...Duke will eat us up for lunch and shït us out if we don't adjust the defensive personnel and scheme. Duke is extremely good at QB with the short to mid range passing game. I know that we will shut down the run, but if we revisit the the game from last season, their short range passing game will crush our soft zone defense. Our strength in the front 4 on defense can be neutralized by a quick/short passing game, just like Toledo did and just how Duke is excellent at doing. I better see wholesale changes in the defensive back end on Friday. Give me Young & Bandy as the starters and lets see what Dean/Dallas have to offer as well. Delaney needs to sit.

Advertisement
I think we get the secondary issues cleaned up enough so that we don't give up easy touch downs. We also need the DL to be more disruptive and move the QB off his spot. Cutcliff's offense is all about timing, get the qb to move and you can limit them.

Something that should encourage people around here who are fretting over Duke like cowards is the fact that Baylor's sorry Defense was able to get 5 sacks against Duke earlier this year.

Think about that.

If we lose this game, Richt seriously needs to come under fire. I don't want to hear this cowardly BS about Duke. There's no universe where THIS UM team should lose to THAT Duke team.

You have seriously underestimated what Golden left us. At least one more class, maybe 2 before we get to the promised land. Enjoy the ride.

Here comes the Don Bailey Jr crowd....holy ******* ****.

As much of a colossal douche Cutcliffe is, he's a pretty good coach. Pair him with a talent at QB and it's no cake walk. If Manny insists on playing a base 4-3 the entire game and not covering the slot, it will be exploited Friday night.

Our offense should have success but we're too talented to be playing shoot out with Dook. D needs a statement game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right! lets give up almost 900 yards in 2 games to Bethune and Toledo so that Duke or GT doesn't know what we're doing! BOY, DUKE WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT THEM WHEN WE UNLEASH OUR DISGUISED #1 Ranked OFFENSE AND DEFENSE FRIDAY NIGHT!

- some of you on here.

Not sure if it's a reading comp issue or what. There could be a bunch of reasons why we're playing vanilla, besides some super-secret plan to hide our real intentions. It could be that the newbies in the secondary didn't have enough time to pick up something more complicated. It could be that playing more aggressive is a risk not worth taking against subpar opposition - and would leave us more vulnerable that we needed to be. It could be that Diaz doesn't quite know what he has talent-wise, and playing vanilla let's him find out.

But you're one of those "I'm just gonna criticize whatever anyone says" kind of people that the internet is filled with nowadays. Thank you for the feedback.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back