Ok. So now we have Duke. Duke. I say bust their.

Our secondary is the real problem. Duke will be a formidable challenge for this pass defense. We need to bring the offense we saw in the 2nd half yesterday to the Duke game Friday night.

If we continue running the O like we did the second half, we will outscore everyone on our schedule. It will allow our D enough opportunities to make enough plays if we are scoring well. If we stay conservative AND our D is struggling, it's going to get ugly. We have the weapons on O to run a fast paced, aggressive O. It would be pure insanity not to do so.

Advertisement
Was watching UGA and Miss. State last night. Miss. State is notorious for those quick passes to the slot. UGA d coordinator played nickel and had a linebacker play inside technique on the other slot. Linebacker would drop with the reciever and read run. Sometimes linebacker even jammed the slot. Diaz on the other hand completly ignores the receiver the whole game.

I could have caught passes from the slot position had I played for Toledo yesterday. Yes, it was that bad.

I think we get the secondary issues cleaned up enough so that we don't give up easy touch downs. We also need the DL to be more disruptive and move the QB off his spot. Cutcliff's offense is all about timing, get the qb to move and you can limit them.

I think we get the secondary issues cleaned up enough so that we don't give up easy touch downs. We also need the DL to be more disruptive and move the QB off his spot. Cutcliff's offense is all about timing, get the qb to move and you can limit them.

Something that should encourage people around here who are fretting over Duke like cowards is the fact that Baylor's sorry Defense was able to get 5 sacks against Duke earlier this year.

Think about that.

Last edited:
Our team finally go back to classes and practice in a familiar environment. We will roll over these dudes. They can't stop our offense.

We have the national stage on Friday night and will rise to the occasion.

Advertisement
Our team finally go back to classes and practice in a familiar environment. We will roll over these dudes. They can't stop our offense.

seriously, what tells you that? Hope? Do you have anything concrete?

We were talking about this at the game. On the one play the Toledo receiver was so by himself they would have had another TD except he dropped it.

Saw at least 3 plays this game that there was no lb or db within 10 yards of a receiver at the line of scrimmage. I literally had flashbacks to Doritos D (sans the waltzing dlinemen ).

The ACC coach saying Diaz is gimmicky and wants to prove to everyone he's a genius is starting to look completely true. Diaz just needs to simplify.

and we play that coach on Friday.(regardless of what they say)..This is his super bowl every year..duke will try to embarass us..especially after beating UNC..they are riding high.

Advertisement

Common sense. We have a talented team and we're playing Duke. An "improved" Duke is still Duke.

This is a game we should win easily.

Something that should encourage people around here who are fretting over Duke like cowards is the fact that Baylor's sorry Defense was able to get 5 sacks against Duke earlier this year.

Think about that.

If we lose this game, Richt seriously needs to come under fire. I don't want to hear this cowardly BS about Duke. There's no universe where THIS UM team should lose to THAT Duke team.

Usually a team shows most improvement after their first game, I look at the Toledo game as a "first game". We will be much improved versus Duke.

GO CANES !

Common sense. We have a talented team and we're playing Duke. An "improved" Duke is still Duke.

supposed hypothetical talent and the other teams name and stereotypes? Jesus H, this place.

Advertisement
Manny is a genius! He intentionally left the slot open as to throw off Toledo's offensive game plan. Wait till Friday when we leave two receivers uncovered. Cutcliffe going to be scratching his head. Manny playing chess

supposed hypothetical talent and the other teams name and stereotypes? Jesus H, this place.

Supposed hypothetical talent? Hey Einstein it's all RELATIVE. If we were playing a better opponent, I'd be more worried...we're playing Duke.

"This place" has become "this place" because of ****** posters that have infested this site over the years. Check the mirror next time you have a spare moment.

Advertisement
So against BC in every down the slot was open. Against Toledo and that "explosive" offense the slot was wide open every down.
Two incredibly stupid OCs and one incredibly stupid DC.
So you guys are saying it's both.
So Diaz is so stubborn that he is willing to ignore the obvious?
Haven't seen DJ Johnson or Garvin in defense nor AR in offense and barely saw a few targets to Cager who had a mismatch all day.
I feel like we've been playing vanilla on both sides cause we've had that luxury as well as the storm that
Screwed up timing conditioning etc.
I agree that a more talented offense would expose what Diaz has shown.
But I doubt we show the same defense against a squad that has legitimate 3-4 passing threats.

If we're a top 10, coastal-championship type team, we should be able to withstand the early aggressiveness that Duke coes out with and we should be able to wear them down pretty easily by the 3rd quarter with superior line play and our running game.

So against BC in every down the slot was open. Against Toledo and that "explosive" offense the slot was wide open every down.
Two incredibly stupid OCs and one incredibly stupid DC.
So you guys are saying it's both.
So Diaz is so stubborn that he is willing to ignore the obvious?
Haven't seen DJ Johnson or Garvin in defense nor AR in offense and barely saw a few targets to Cager who had a mismatch all day.
I feel like we've been playing vanilla on both sides cause we've had that luxury as well as the storm that
Screwed up timing conditioning etc.
I agree that a more talented offense would expose what Diaz has shown.
But I doubt we show the same defense against a squad that has legitimate 3-4 passing threats.

Garvin played a ton yesterday.

The ACC coach saying Diaz is gimmicky and wants to prove to everyone he's a genius is starting to look completely true. Diaz just needs to simplify.

I think this is because he is overcompensating for never having played football before, and I have said this a number of times. He's never played the game so he wants to show everyone how smart of a coach he is.

Just simplify the **** and let the guys see what's in front of them and make plays. All these nonsense "grab bag" blitzes with no rhyme or reason, makes no sense.

Some of the things we are seeing from Diaz is Onofrio-like and it is completely maddending. And leaving the WR uncovered all day was was of the most ridiculous things I've seen schematically since Onofrio's prevent defenses against teams in goal line offense.

It is not secret that I am no fan of Diaz as a DC, but leaving the WR uncovered like that was inexcusable.

Advertisement
Back