Ok. So now we have Duke. Duke. I say bust their.

1983canes

Freshman

This season could really open up for Miami's taking.

Free shoes already lost twice.

Are these Canes ready to go to the big stage?

Bust *** and ask questions later.

Vag Tech could be a real problem though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our secondary is the real problem. Duke will be a formidable challenge for this pass defense. We need to bring the offense we saw in the 2nd half yesterday to the Duke game Friday night.

Unless this team fixes the problems in the secondary I don't see us winning versus teams like VA Tech with a guy like Fuentes calling plays.

Duke will be drooling watching our game tape....and laughing that we refuse to cover the slot receiver. We honestly can't stop anything.

Advertisement
If we can't make some adjustments to our pass defense, Duke will probably be one of our bigger tests this season. They can hurt us more than VaTech through the air.

They made Berrios look like Fred Biletnikoff last season and looking at their secondary this year makes me think we score a ton on them again.

Hopefully our defense makes some adjustments and we come out with a solid win. Sometimes going on the road wakes up a team and keeps them focused on the business at hand.

41-24 type of score is what I expect.

Saw at least 3 plays this game that there was no lb or db within 10 yards of a receiver at the line of scrimmage. I literally had flashbacks to Doritos D (sans the waltzing dlinemen ).

The WR for Toledo #25 just lined up time and time again and we had no one on him. I started to notice, before it was mentioned by the announcers.
I just don't understand how a D scheme is not taking into account a WR lining up at the line of scrimmage again and again.Point is our secondary needs to make some adjustments. If BC and Toledo are exposing us teams like Duke and VT will just eat us up

Advertisement
The WR for Toledo #25 just lined up time and time again and we had no one on him. I started to notice, before it was mentioned by the announcers.
I just don't understand how a D scheme is not taking into account a WR lining up at the line of scrimmage again and again.Point is our secondary needs to make some adjustments. If BC and Toledo are exposing us teams like Duke and VT will just eat us up

Sadly its true if Miami does not make adjustments with their secondary they will get destroyed and in embarrassing fashion.

The ACC coach saying Diaz is gimmicky and wants to prove to everyone he's a genius is starting to look completely true. Diaz just needs to simplify.

I’m not sugarcoating it, we haven’t looked good in pass defense, but Duke doesn’t run the same offense. We will probably look better against their type of offense which isn’t a 3-4 wide, quick read, sling it all over the place offense. Their QB is a good and can throw and has, well, but it’s different. VT runs a similar offense to Duke. FSU runs a more traditional offense. Now, with FSU, the problem will be covering the RB out of the backfield. That hurt us last year, and would have destroyed us if we didn’t bat down 37 passes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Was watching UGA and Miss. State last night. Miss. State is notorious for those quick passes to the slot. UGA d coordinator played nickel and had a linebacker play inside technique on the other slot. Linebacker would drop with the reciever and read run. Sometimes linebacker even jammed the slot. Diaz on the other hand completly ignores the receiver the whole game.

Advertisement
Their front-seven is pretty good.
Our OL are going to need to play well.
Their DL coach Ben Albert is a good one.
He worked for Don Brown at UMASS and BC.

I fully expect to beat the **** out of Duke this Friday. We should easily cover the spread.

The turning point in the season comes NEXT saturday. That will be the game where Richt earns his money.

No excuses.

Advertisement
Back