Ok...I didn't hate it

Advertisement
The penalties and inability to run the ball in the first half were the concerns for me. The turnover and poor passing rhythm early were also not great

Liked how we moved the ball on the ground in the 2nd half, the defense's third down play, the way we stopped the run for most of the game, and blocking by the WRs in the run game
That will come in time..TVD has been there...hopefully it starts next week

Very pleased with Guidry tonight. Sound fundamentally. Play like that next weekend and we have a very good shot to come out with a win.

Hopefully we go a little more vertical on early downs next week, a lot of repetitive and predictable inside runs that won't work against upper echelon opponents. Thought Young looked like a stud out there, good job by the Oline and we have a surplus of capable backs with good vision.

Henry Parrish collecting ANKLES. Fletcher will be that dude.

I also expect to use the TE's wayyyy more...they were virtually nonexistent tonight.
I saw the same 5 run plays all night long. I think just keeping a vanilla playbook for this one. Especially once it was in hand. Hoping the same goes for the vertical passing game next week.

Advertisement
1693622516645.gif

Very pleased with Guidry tonight. Sound fundamentally. Play like that next weekend and we have a very good shot to come out with a win.

Hopefully we go a little more vertical on early downs next week, a lot of repetitive and predictable inside runs that won't work against upper echelon opponents. Thought Young looked like a stud out there, good job by the Oline and we have a surplus of capable backs with good vision.

Henry Parrish collecting ANKLES. Fletcher will be that dude.

I also expect to use the TE's wayyyy more...they were virtually nonexistent tonight.
Spot on

Just felt like Dawson went with a few options and it didn’t work so he said **** it let’s just stick with what’s working

but this is a conversation for down the road a bit

There were some down and distances where Mallory helped a lot last year I was wanting to see someone step in and fill that role at TE but it was non existent (for now) so I’ll bookmark that for later

Advertisement
Guys, I sat next to a Miami(OH) fan the whole game(up until end of 3rd quarter) section 102 row 5 and it was HILARIOUS. The man was ****ED from kickoff complaining about the travel time, stayed in Coral Gables (LMFAO). And his kid was a 5th string wide receiver. By far the most upset I’ve seen a grown man.(somebody please by the tickets next to me) I was able to talk him up about MAC football and he was nice after I told him to calm down when the interception happened. I was trying my best to be friendly and it worked out. Overall, today was better than last year but we didn’t look great by any means. **** Texas A&M though. It’s war on 9/9. Let’s get it gentlemen.

Offensively, Mario needs to clean up the fall starts. And that’s correctable. It’s not like the kids can’t play.

I would’ve liked to seen a couple real deep shots. TVD had a bad read on that interception. Despite the GameDay board I thought he otherwise played pretty well. Game plan did seem vanilla. I think the only TE who caught a pass was Riley from Williams late in the game on that last touchdown drive.

It was nice to see Chaney get that last touchdown. For whatever reason he wasn’t able to take advantage of his opportunities most of the game until that last drive.

Defensively, I would’ve liked to seen a turnover or two, but the front seven was dominant. Good pass rush with several sacks. Played the run well. Linebacker play looked like real linebackers. Secondary wasn’t tested, at least very often. The couple passes Ohio completed late fourth quarter were not concerning.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys, I sat next to a Miami(OH) fan the whole game(up until end of 3rd quarter) section 102 row 5 and it was HILARIOUS. The man was ****ED from kickoff complaining about the travel time, stayed in Coral Gables (LMFAO). And his kid was a 5th string wide receiver. By far the most upset I’ve seen a grown man.(somebody please by the tickets next to me) I was able to talk him up about MAC football and he was nice after I told him to calm down when the interception happened. I was trying my best to be friendly and it worked out. Overall, today was better than last year but we didn’t look great by any means. **** Texas A&M though. It’s war on 9/9. Let’s get it gentlemen.
I think them young cats going to be ready. Let's see. It's a statement game. I want to see what coach got. Last yr was a freebie. I want to see if that offensive line can hold up They hold up we win

Advertisement
Back