Ok...I didn't hate it

Advertisement
IMG_2983.png

Perfectly balanced

1693621463558.png

Very pleased with Guidry tonight. Fundamentally sound. Play like that next weekend and we have a very good shot to come out with a win.

Hopefully we go a little more vertical on early downs next week, a lot of repetitive and predictable inside runs that won't work against upper echelon opponents. Thought Young looked like a stud out there, good job by the Oline and we have a surplus of capable backs with good vision.

Henry Parrish collecting ANKLES. Fletcher will be that dude.

I also expect to use the TE's wayyyy more...they were virtually nonexistent tonight.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
They young bro. But much improved. Especially the LB play. I haven't seen that n awhile. I think next week. Your see them open it up a little more
Oh I agree. You can see the improvement, and the competitiveness of the players. I expect mistakes and growing pains. We dominated a team from start to finish that we should dominate. Big test next week and I don’t have any reason to believe they won’t fight to the final whistle in that one.

The penalties and inability to run the ball in the first half were the concerns for me. The turnover and poor passing rhythm early were also not great

Liked how we moved the ball on the ground in the 2nd half, the defense's third down play, the way we stopped the run for most of the game, and blocking by the WRs in the run game

Advertisement
the defense was absolutely lights out. it's premature to declare guidry a success but we passed the eye test with flying colors. dominated the trenches, sticky in coverage, swarmed to the ball. the only thing i can ding them for is i would've liked to see a turnover but when you hold a team to 3 points that's extreme nitpicking.

offense was definitely shakier. the third quarter was encouraging as we finally started to connect on some intermediate passes, and the running game was impressive throughout. we'll need more against better opponents, but we also need to keep in mind how excruciatingly bad it was last year. here's hoping the kinks continue to get worked out there and TVD can get healthy and find a rhythm.

ultimately, we got emory williams over half a quarter of mop-up duty. that pretty much says it all in terms of how the night went. now i want to see us take it up a notch and play TAMU tough.

Advertisement
Back