Ohio State v Michigan thread

You think a system that just put up 43 on OSU wouldn’t succeed in the ACC?
Did you watch the game?

They only had 4 rushing yards at the half, and 47 after 3 quarters. They hit a bunch of big pass plays throughout the game and forced Taint to have to have less defenders in the box in the second half (particularly the 4th Qt.), which is when they got the great majority of their rushing yards.

I do not see Mario succeeding here if he keeps on trying to play caveman ball. I guess that this abomination of a season isn’t enough proof for you. The corching has been all-time bad. Horrible scheme and game day coaching. Almost every player on the offensive side of the ball has regressed.

We would need 5-Star players all across the 2-deep to offset the horrible coaching, and even then it wouldn’t guarantee us winning anything significant.

Advertisement
That's fine, but no rational AD is going to fire someone as successful as Day, because "They aren't a championship coach", knowing full well that you can be VERY SUCCESSFUL, and not win a title, while mediocre idiots can get lucky. Remember the following: Ed Orgeron, Jimbo Fisher and Gene Chizik won titles earlier in their head coaching careers than Tom Osborne, Joe Paterno, Bobby Bowden and Jimmy Johnson. Bo Schembechler doesn't have a ring, but Larry Coker does. A lot of things have to go right for a coach to win once, there are few Nick Saban, Urban Meyer types out there. Even a guy like Dabo had to knock on that door for YEARS before he finally broke through.

Will Day get there? Who knows, but he's knocking on the door regularly, and honestly, if you are an AD, that's all you can ask for. If you are going 11-1 year after year, it's more likely that you'll eventually there.
Oh I agree, I don’t think he should be fired. I just don’t believe he has it to win championships. I could be wrong and it could be my disdain for that program showing. Just how I feel about it.

Advertisement
I agree we shouldn't pursue that path and doubt we could ever stockpile talent the way they have...

Just saying they won a title with a pretty boring/uncreative offense...
I know the point you were making and I don’t think it’s impossible (I mean they did it) however for Miami its highly improbable

Just stating my opinion, I don’t believe he is elite. Joe shmo can win 10-11 games a year at OSU with the talent that guy has. The only measurable that matters is Championships and I don’t see it with him. I could be wrong, I just don’t believe that I am.
I hear what you’re saying and agree that Day may not be the guy. He is not however, Joe Schmo. Joe Schmo can win 11 games in the first year at Oh St but Joe Schmo can’t keep the engine running.

I see him turning them into Oklahoma. The best team in the conference and wins 10-11 games every year but never seals the deal so to speak.

Took Harbaugh 7 years and now back to back playoff appearances. He is going to be the example moving forward on programs sticking with a coach.

Advertisement
Old threads are new again.

There will forever be hatred between me and the ****eyes. I can only hope that someday in my lifetime they will drop cupcakes off our schedule and put Ohio State on it in their place. We should be required to play FSU, UF, ND and tOSU annually.

So for today only, Go Blue! ****-a-buck.

Advertisement
Back