Ohio State v Michigan thread

Advertisement
Harbaugh is a **** good coach. He is a proven coach on both levels. He knew what he was doing when he didnt fight to retain Gattis. A few more days hopefully and we're in the clear without Gattis.

**** yeah He's a good coach. People were holding Him to Schembechler standards as if Schembechler was a Bear Bryant or some ****. Schembechler never won a Natty and was 5-12 in bowl games, ultimate choke artist.

Agreed.

Again Ive always been a Harbaugh fan since his days at Stanford when he took down USC towards the end of the Pete Carroll era. Then he went to the 49ers and took a 6-10 team to the NFC title game in one year then to the Super Bowl in year two, with sorryass Colin Kaepernik at QB. That was some elite level coaching.
He’s won every level, just short of NC or SB. His issue at Michigan was Urban Meyer‘s run at OSU, and never had an elite QB like he has with Luck at Stanford. Now he’s built that OL and went outside the box and took his brother John’s defense.

Watch the Michigan offense and you will see what Mario expects to do at Miami. Overpowering Oline which eventually wears teams down and an opportunistic passing offense. Mario thought he had the architect of this offense, Gattis, but the architect is Harbaugh.
This si the style of offense Mario will run. And FYI, it can score a lot of points when executed.

Watch the Michigan offense and you will see what Mario expects to do at Miami. Overpowering Oline which eventually wears teams down and an opportunistic passing offense. Mario thought he had the architect of this offense, Gattis, but the architect is Harbaugh.
This si the style of offense Mario will run. And FYI, it can score a lot of points when executed.

I agree with Mario’s approach. Lashlee’s offense was cool but didn’t travel well when we played a real defense. Build it right & be able to run the ball. The passing game will open up like we saw today.

Advertisement
I agree with Mario’s approach. Lashlee’s offense was cool but didn’t travel well when we played a real defense. Build it right & be able to run the ball. The passing game will open up like we saw today.
Chess Game GIF by Envy

If you are going 11-1 every year, there's little else for you to do. People forget that winning a title usually takes most coaches multiple knocks on that door. Day is 45-5. Let that settle in. 45-5, and unlike Coker, he's been CONSISTENTLY GOOD. There hasn't been any dropoff, he's continued what Meyer built quite well, and honestly, the only difference between Meyer and Day is that Michigan has found their stride, Meyer got to whip up on Michigan as Harbaugh built that program out.
Just stating my opinion, I don’t believe he is elite. Joe shmo can win 10-11 games a year at OSU with the talent that guy has. The only measurable that matters is Championships and I don’t see it with him. I could be wrong, I just don’t believe that I am.

Georgia v/s Michigan would be a very intriguing matchup...

Advertisement
I don’t think it wins you a Natty though. I may be wrong though.

Serious question, someone that’s a real football savant explain it to me. How does Michigan with a terrible QB beat OSU two years in a row that have a high powered offense?

I gotta give Harbaugh credit. Straight stunted on OSU.

Second time in five years Ohio State has been handled at home in a big game and had someone else plant their flag.

Advertisement
Gattis comes from under moorehead. That Michigan offense isn’t his. I was looking and I didn’t see many similarities in what michigan was doing and what we try to do.

Trenches and running the ball still wins games

Hopefully our next OC knows how to scheme up running plays that work
Actually, the trenches worked because just like Bama and other elite teams, they were agressive in the passing game in the 1st half. They hit a bunch of big passing plays against the OSU D. Michigan only had 4 rushing yards in the 1st half.

Once Taint played to stop the pass in the 2nd half, Michigan ate them up with the running game. They had two huge runs that make the stats look way bigger than the reality of their run game today. Runs of 75 and 85 yards in the 4th Qt. made it look like they ran the ball down their throat. But the reality is that the ability of Michigan to hit big passes consistently is what opened up the running game.

Advertisement
After watching this game, its clear to see how far our offensive line is from both of these teams, especially Michigan. Michigan's center looks way bigger than our biggest lineman lol. They are all giant human being, super athletic, and can completely transform their offense

Advertisement
Back